Clear All
  • bonehead
    Undrafted
    • Jul 2013
    • TBD
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Originally posted by obvious_idiot_bolt View Post

Yeah, I'd rather pay up than try to draft if this team has no shot at a high 1st round prospect (without a costly trade-up)... him or maybe T.Taylor, if Rivers retired right after this season.

Short term, there could be other vets out there too with some of the teams currently in the basement, plus maybe even Brees and Bradford?
    But, I wonder if Luck's going to be back in Indy.
    They're on track for last place and a top 5 pick, and if Irsay really thinks Luck's problem is in his head, will they gamble on dumping him if they can get another franchise QB right away?
    Cutler should be available

Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post

Cutler should be available
      ...for the Fox broadcasting booth.

Palmer should hang'em up too.

Comment

• pigskin
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Southern Oregon
        • Send PM

If you want Cousins, you better be prepared to out pay Elway as I think the Donks will make a strong push for him.

Comment

• Panamamike
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by pigskin View Post
          If you want Cousins, you better be prepared to out pay Elway as I think the Donks will make a strong push for him.
          meh. I think Cousins was a huge benefactor of McVay. He is has one of the lowest QBR throwing to covered receivers and into tight windows. I would not pay up for him. Yes he has some huge stat games, but he has equally as many head scratching WTF performances as well.

Comment

• Steve
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • South Carolina
            • Meteorologist
            • Send PM

It depends on the cost. I think Cousins is Rivers light. Good quick-rhythm passer who has had horrible OL play and almost no running game. I also think he has good but not great receivers. Our offense would be a big upgrade for him, with a lot more weapons. Still no running game, but better receivers.

Cousins is still developing as a player, and I am not a fan of dumping $25 million into a single player, no matter who it is. I think you can manage signing a guy like that if you give a bigger proportion of signing bonus and more guaranteed money. If we had to give him more money overall, then it would have to be with the usual protections in the contract.

Adding a running game would make any QB we might add, or need to play because of injury much more effective. I think good RB can be had in the middle of the draft. Since we have already gambled on Gordon in the early draft, that is probably not something we would try again soon. But a middle round pick, or young aspiring undrafted FA would work well.
            Last edited by Steve; 11-28-2017, 08:43 PM.

Comment

• Boltx
              Dominate the day
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Kirk Cousins eh....?

The last time we got a former Redskins QB turned out pretty well.
              ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

Working...
              X