• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oneinchpunch
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

The most disappointing thing. That the defense fell apart.
    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• sandiego17
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

More disappointing than Gates game, the offense putting up 10pts, three turnovers? I was much more disappointed with that, kind of expected the D to not play well at times, tough to be to disappointed without much expectation.

Comment

• QSmokey
        Guardedly Optimistic
        • Jun 2013
        • Kuna, Idaho
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
        The most disappointing thing. That the defense fell apart.
        That implies that our defense was, at one time, 'together'.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
          That's what I'm saying.
          Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Come on guys, we're a finesse D. You know, Niiiiice.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• QSmokey
              Guardedly Optimistic
              • Jun 2013
              • Kuna, Idaho
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
              That's what I'm saying.
              This year? Or back in 2005?

Comment

• OhioBolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

The defense has always been disappointing, but they only gave up 17 points but the blown coverage Green was unaceptable and that long catch run by Hawkins was pretty pathetic too. What was more disappointing was the offense, I think Mathews hamstring tightens up at half time and he isn't a factor in the game come the second half, Mathews has ran well when in the game and seems like we were pounding Cincy d-line. Then not being able to get Woodhead involved more effectively involvwed is disappointing and he was in dam near all the second half. How much longer can you live with Vincent Brown starting he did have one key reception but it was his only reception.

Comment

• RobH
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Tokyo, Japan
                  • University English Lecturer
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
                  I keep reading about "uninspired" football and how people didn't show up. That's not what I saw. I saw a team just flat out get beat. I didn't see anything that said "lack of effort." I agree that when the other team's OL is blowing you off the ball on every play that can look uninspired. But I think that's more a reflection on the matchup and their physicality vs our lack of same on D. And let's not forget, this remains a pretty good D they are throwing out there. They have a lot of injuries, esp with guys like Atkins and Hall out, but they are a tough group and they played very well.
                  I agree. I don't think we lacked passion and effort. We lacked talent. Our OLB are just guys, and our DL was getting beat up at the end of the game. Up until that last drive, I really thought the D had held its own. Perhaps the DL just got tired. The BenGals were a very hard hitting aggressive team, and I think our DL just got too beat up to do the job on the last drive.

Really, the offense was the part of the team that had a bad day, and it's not the first time I've seen that happen. I thought it happened at Tenn as well. We need more players and decent health. Considering all the injury problems and lack of depth, I'm satisfied with the year so far, and I think we can be as many as two games better next year.

Comment

• Boltdog
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Lunar Surface
                    • Nutrition Consultant
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
                    I think Vencie Glenn has a point when he says that Chargers don't have the right personnel to run an effective 3-4 defense and haven't had the personnel for years. Beside NT, he was talking about quick pass-rushing OLBs and stout ILBs (Besides young Teo). If Pagano cannot figure out who he needs or be strong enough to demand the support from front office for his defense, maybe that's another reason to replace the guy--His vision and version of a dominant 3-4 doesn't fly. Mike Zimmer doesn't seem to have that problem. I don't think coaches like Mike Smith or Dennis Allen (if available) would have that problem either...

Glenn was one of those who stated that Bolts were emotionally flat for this game. He said he saw that while on the Chargers' sidelines and it got worse as the game went on. Having our OL and DL get dominated as they did didn't help. 2nd time in 3 weeks that an opposing team's interior OL backups took our DL to task. That should not happen...
                    Last edited by Boltdog; 12-02-2013, 09:28 PM.
                    Fighting for Carson...and Wilmington...ity:

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by RobH View Post
                      I agree. I don't think we lacked passion and effort. We lacked talent. Our OLB are just guys, and our DL was getting beat up at the end of the game. Up until that last drive, I really thought the D had held its own. Perhaps the DL just got tired. The BenGals were a very hard hitting aggressive team, and I think our DL just got too beat up to do the job on the last drive.

Really, the offense was the part of the team that had a bad day, and it's not the first time I've seen that happen. I thought it happened at Tenn as well. We need more players and decent health. Considering all the injury problems and lack of depth, I'm satisfied with the year so far, and I think we can be as many as two games better next year.
                      When the other team is pushing our best young defensive players all over the field with 2 backup lineman, again, I see an uninspired effort.

Comment

• homeless simpson
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

the game was so disappointing it almost made Teo cry:

Comment

• RobH
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Tokyo, Japan
                          • University English Lecturer
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                          When the other team is pushing our best young defensive players all over the field with 2 backup lineman, again, I see an uninspired effort.
                          So when Mathews runs for over 100 yards with our line, then the other team is playing uninspired ball?

Comment

Working...
                          X