• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RTPbolt
    Charger Fan till the end
    • Jun 2013
    • North Carolina
    • Send PM

Dolphins are jeckle and hyde....very inconsistent. I can absolutely see them choking against the Jets or Buffalo.

At this point our biggest hope is NE take care of business and beat both teams. Ravens and Miami like us have been inconsistent but a bit better of late on late 4th quarter/OT wins. It will be entertaining!

We just need to take care of business in Oakland in 9 days. Then will see what's left for options. Who knows...stranger things have happened but I wouldnt bet on it. Lets kick some Oakland tail.

Comment

• TABF
      Por debajo del promedio
      • Jun 2013
      • SoCal
      • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
      Is there ANY scenario where a 3-way tie @9-7 puts us in? There have been times when that's happened, i.e., one team loses out if they're tied with one other team (that beat them head-to-head), but the formula is different when there's there teams involved (I think).

Anyone? TBF?
      It gets tricky... Assuming Chargers/Ravens and Phins all finish at 9-7.... That would mean that they have each won 2 more games and we lose out on conference record.
      • Chargers best possible conference record is 6-6
      • Ravens best possible conference record @ 9-7 is 8-4 (they play 2 more AFC Teams)
      • Phins best possible conference record is @ 9-7 is 9-3 as the they have 3 AFC games remaining.

Best (and possibly only scenario is this) ... We win out, Phins lose two games and Ravens lose two games.

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by TBF View Post
        Best (and possibly only scenario is this) ... We win out, Phins lose two games and Ravens lose two games.
        I posted the other 9-7 scenario that involves the Chargers, Jets and Dolphins. Jets would need to win out, beating the Dolphins in the last game, and eliminating them from the wild card. Chargers have the tie-breaker over the Jets. Possible, but very unlikely, as they need to beat the Panthers this week to stay in contention.

Comment

• TTThunder
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

If we win out and are 9-7, I will be happy, playoff or not, since that is the only thing we can do and control...

Go Bolts!!!

Comment

• ICE
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Not realistic and was pretty much over after the debacle in Wash followed by the home loss to Cinci....... but but....

Some people say the Bolts shouldn't even be in the playoffs....

Comment

• Steve
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • South Carolina
              • Meteorologist
              • Send PM

Compare that too the year we got to the playoffs from 4-8. I think the players and coaches have the right idea. At this point, you win out and see what happens. If we had done that the last couple of years under Norv, we would have been in the playoffs with a 9-7 record. But we didn't take care of bussiness, and we didn't get in. We know that we are definitely out if we don't win, so just win, and the rest will tkae care of itself. It's not like we can help the other teams playing.

Comment

• Zot
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Realistically, no, we're not making the play-offs this year. The Dolphins have pretty much done us in.

That being said, I feel the arrow is finally pointed back in the right direction and can say I am once again excited for the future of my Chargers! It's been a loong time since I've been able to say that. McCoy has had a few blunders but after the challenge for to many men against Denver I feel we're in the right hands.

Comment

• TTThunder
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

I think if we win out, most likely we will not make playoff (lost to the tie-breaker) and will pick #17-18...

Go Bolts!!!

Comment

• TTThunder
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

Just woke up and gladly found that I was wrong...

If we win, we are in!!!

Let's see if we are completely out of "Norv curse":- if we win this game, we are. If we fall flat, as we usually do when Norv was our HC, the curse is still there...

Go Bolts!!!

Comment

• TTThunder
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

I am so glad that we are not in Norv curse (can win game that we need to) anymore...

Go Bolts!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X