What would you do with Verrett next season?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oneinchpunch
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by vinabolt View Post
    Like I said, Stephen Curry injured on all of his early 3 years in GS, he had to get surgery to repair his torn ligaments that seems can never heal. Those years whenever he's on the court it appeared that he can't even stand in balance, really easy to fall down all over the floor. How regret GS would be if they were letting him go?
    He also was all rookie team and only 2nd for rookie of the year behind Boogie.

Verrett having his injuries plus an ACL surgery, plus another surgery on the same knee with no new injury does not bode well
    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• vinabolt
      vinabolt commented
      Editing a comment
      Some good points there.
  • OhioBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

The Curry comparison doesn't hold weight at all
    1. Curry doesn't have to use his shoulder in the physical capacity that Verrett does tackling has way more impact than shooting
    2. Jumping in basketball it is controlled jumping with most likely knowing how you'll land Curry doesn't really jump much, Verrett on the other hand is jumping against taller receivers and is likely to come down in all kinds of awkward positions.
    3. Stop and Go movements are more controlled for Curry based on he knows what he wants to do with the ball, and on defense Curry is not great at anticipating. Verrett has to be able to stop and go on a dime in coverage.

Totally different period.

Comment

• vinabolt
      vinabolt commented
      Editing a comment
      Some of the above are really nitpicking and exaggeration here. Curry is just one of the biggest examples of a guy who overcome his early injury prone and became greatness.

The bottom line is Curry was injury prone, GS patient on him, they would regret miserably if they were using some of the logic of posters in here "proven he can't stay healthy" and get rid of him.

Who can say that Verrett can't be the next great CB and can overcome injuries? If the team doctors can't even conclude that, how can some of you can?

The difference in basketball movement and CB movement you make do make some sense. And I'm being generous here. But it's pure guess and speculation without any specific medical knowledge. Curry could overcome his nagging injury or just as easy cutting, changing direction and getting his ACL blow up, or some dudes falling down to his knee. Telesco and the team will make decision based on professional medical advice on the seriousness of Verrett injury and chance of him re-injure or overcome his injury problems.
      Last edited by vinabolt; 12-19-2017, 09:33 AM.
  • vinabolt
    Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
    • Feb 2015
    • Send PM

Curry's game is similar to Reggie Miller, they're excelled in moving, running without the ball, using their quickness to get open. They do a lot of cutting, misdirection, baiting, etc., similar to what a WR or CB do. One misstep could cause their ankle, knee to bang up, without anybody touching them, like a WR, CB, most season ending injuries come when nobody touch them.

Heck, even if there was 0 similarity between those injuries, the comparison still hold truth in the sense that "a player can overcome his early career injury problem and have success", there are many other examples. So, it's pointless to nitpick some of the difference here, because I never trying to prove that Verrett will definitely overcome his injury and become successful like Curry. Just throw it out there that, historically, players have overcame their early injury-prone years and became successful! And Curry is one example of that.

I don't understand the point of dissect the difference of the injuries here, what's for? To prove that Verrett will definitely not overcome injury like Curry, will not become successful like Curry? So some of you have a clearer, better understanding of Verrett health and have examined Verrett? The team throw 8 mil at him, I would guess that their medical people have examined throughfully about Verrett and the possibility of overcome injury or re-injure.

If we can split hair and dissect the difference of everything we basically can argue with every comparisons on this Earth. It doesn't mean that type of argument can change anyone's mind. It doesn't prove anything other than that person has too much time on his hands.
    Last edited by vinabolt; 12-19-2017, 11:27 AM.
    Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

You are the one who keeps talking about it trying to make your claim more valid so seems you have too much time on your hands. And let me make this clear,. Not saying this because you said it, I would be saying this no matter who said I so im not picking on you as I'm sure you feel I am.
      I don't care about the comparison because to me there isn't one. Basketball isn't even on the same map as football as far as how it is played and the frequency of injuries occurred. There were probably in the neighborhood of 20 torn ACLs this year alone. I dont think there have been that many in basketball the past ten years.
      My point is, Basketball isn't nearly as violent and injuries aren't as prevelant. Verrett has been banged up far more than Curry has with bigger injuries to overcome.
      Last edited by Boltjolt; 12-19-2017, 01:45 PM.

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

Greg Oden should have been a punter.

Comment

• vinabolt
          Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
          • Feb 2015
          • Send PM

That's not the point. The point is "historically, sport players have overcome injury riddle period early in their career and still can have a successful career". Curry on top of my head because he's such an iconic player in sport. That's about it.

What are their injuries and basketball/football having anything to do with it? Did I said Verrett has the same Curry's injury and Curry recovered so therefore Verrett will recover?

So basically you argue against nothing and go a full length dissect Yuba-like to prove..... nothing.

Yeah I know you weren't aim at me because I saw you did this do other people to. You made up a puppet and argue against it. Like when I said Ekerler was "playing like" he was throw games away. You come argue and tried to prove that Ekeler was not throw game away, WTF. That's what I call having too much time on your hands, lol.

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
          You are the one who keeps talking about it trying to make your claim more valid so seems you have too much time on your hands. And let me make this clear,. Not saying this because you said it, I would be saying this no matter who said I so im not picking on you as I'm sure you feel I am.
          I don't care about the comparison because to me there isn't one. Basketball isn't even on the same map as football as far as how it is played and the frequency of injuries occurred. There were probably in the neighborhood of 20 torn ACLs this year alone. I dont think there have been that many in basketball the past ten years.
          My point is, Basketball isn't nearly as violent and injuries aren't as prevelant. Verrett has been banged up far more than Curry has with bigger injuries to overcome.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

That's not the point. The point is "historically, sport players have overcome injury riddle period early in their career and still can have a successful career". Curry on top of my head because he's such an iconic player in sport. That's about it.

What are their injuries and basketball/football having anything to do with it? Did I said Verrett has the same Curry's injury and Curry recovered so therefore Verrett will recover?

So basically you argue against nothing and go a full length dissect Yuba-like to prove..... nothing.

Yeah I know you weren't aim at me because I saw you did this do other people to. You made up a puppet and argue against it. Like when I said Ekerler was "playing like" he was throw games away. You come argue and tried to prove that Ekeler was not throw game away, WTF. That's what I call having too much time on your hands, lol.

What? OMG, your a whack job bro.I didn't try to prove anything about Ekeler. I pretty much just laughed it off and typed like one sentence lol. Even when I try to be civil you act out like a argumentive child.

I guess you just don't like it when someone doesn't agree with you because when you left the last time you were told to cool it with others who didn't agree with you. You can't even understand what is being said here.

Whatever man, compare basketball to football. Sure its the same thing, whatever you say.
            Last edited by Boltjolt; 12-19-2017, 04:19 PM.

Comment

• vinabolt
              Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
              • Feb 2015
              • Send PM

Lol, you tried to dissect and even "explain" why Ekerler was not throw game away. Hey, other people disagree with me on this board and I'm cool with that. You, however, love to argue against strawman for the sake of arguing, trying to prove nothing and argue against nothing.

Football and basketball are 2 sports with some differences and similarities. Thank you Captain Obvious. You're a genius.

Maybe you're trying to prove that you're smart. But you have failed. In fact you look exactly the opposite. You seems unable to understand people's points and context and argue to the point of nothing. Time waster.

What? OMG, your a whack job bro.I didn't try to prove anything about Ekeler. I pretty much just laughed it off and typed like one sentence lol. Even when I try to be civil you act out like a child.
              I guess you just don't like it when someone doesn't agree with you because when you left the last time you were told to cool it with others.
              Whatever man, compare basketball to football. Sure its the same thing, whatever you say.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Lol, you tried to dissect and even "explain" why Ekerler was not throw game away. Hey, other people disagree with me on this board and I'm cool with that. You, however, love to argue against strawman for the sake of arguing, trying to prove nothing and argue against nothing.

Football and basketball are 2 sports with some differences and similarities. Thank you Captain Obvious. You're a genius.

Maybe you're trying to prove that you're smart. But you have failed. In fact you look exactly the opposite. You seems unable to understand people's points and context and argue to the point of nothing. Time waster.

Lol, dude I typed one short sentence about Ekeler and then talked about Rivers and the need for a better backup at MLB. Sure don't look like I tried to say much about Ekeler to me but your the smart guy....in your own mind anyways.
                Ekeler is throwing games away? Please,.....Rivers three INTs didnt help. I dont know why he is throwing those balls to Tyrell while double covered. Tyrell does not fight for the ball. We also need a better backup at MLB. When Perryman goes out, the run defense just crumbles and though i like Brown, he is too small for MLB.
                Football and Basketball are vastly different. I sure don't need to prove anything to you. I've been on this forum over 10 years and only dislike you and OIP, ....which can be said by others too. I could like you but you are a crybaby and I don't like crybaby's. Looks like a couple guys said the same things I did and you said, "good points". Me,...I get crybany attitude.
                Here's some advice....go fuck yourself. I know Fleet doesn't like us saying that but you deserve it.
                Last edited by Boltjolt; 12-19-2017, 05:09 PM.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Mod note... Play "nice" boys. Good discussion, don't make it personal.

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

I wont even try to moderate you guys anymore. If you are going to completely blow through the boundaries i have in place here.... than ill just lock the thread and ruin it for everyone else.

Remember its not me you are screwing...its the community.

Learn to ignore each other. Learn to have tolerance and not respond to the ones you "Hate"

Comment

Working...
                    X