Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Comment

• chris9341
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

If Gordon played every game like it was the Raiders he would be one of the best backs in the NFL.

Comment

• vinabolt
        Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
        • Feb 2015
        • Send PM

If Gordon played every game like the ugly Raiders game he'd be the BEST back in this league.
        Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Comment

• richpjr
            richpjr commented
            Editing a comment
            That is astonishing.

• Bolt-O
            Bolt-O commented
            Editing a comment
            How many holds did he commit in relation to other OTs?
        • Attack
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2017
          • Send PM

I don't know how to post a tweet from that same PFF website (I'm highly technologically challenged), but one of them from 12/25 said that C Spencer Pulley had surrendered the most QB pressures in 2017 with 37, and the next highest was Cleveland C JC Tretter with 26.

Comment

• richpjr
            richpjr commented
            Editing a comment
            That one, I easily believe.
        • Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
          Makes you rethink your first round needs.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

I think the biggest issue on the OL is center. Pulley should be a back up versatile Center/Guard. At the very least i expect Feeney to push for Center in camp. Lamp to play LG and Wiggins at RG. I was also told that Tevi was rated a lot higher on the Bolts draft board than where they selected him. I think the team also likes him as a potential RT going forward.

So what do we do in the draft? Im just not certain the team views OL as a huge need. And with the addition of Lamp and Tevi playing decently they may just stick with it.

The thing is....not allowing sacks is fine and good...but PFF needs to show run blocking stats. Im not sure they exist. And if they did our's would look pretty bad. Somewhere out there are stats that show our rushing effectiveness on the perimeter vs the interior. I just cant find them. I doubt those show much but i would imagine our perimeter runs might be better than our interior runs. Eventually stats like RB hits in the backfield and yards after contact behind the LOS will come out. I bet it shows Gordon getting hit more than most in the league. And i wouldn't be surprised if he did pretty well after contact in the backfield. Hes not easy to bring down unless you attack his feet. Hes easy to trip. But he gets hit seemingly every time he touches the ball in the backfield.

Another RB and a mauling Center makes sense to me. I hope it makes sense to Telesco. If not just load the defense up and start tearing the face off of teams and let Rivers... another RB like RJ2 in the 3rd... and a capable PK put up 26 points a game. And rely on the D to just rape the hell out of teams like the Jags.

Comment

• Panamamike
              Panamamike commented
              Editing a comment
              I think I posted that exact thing during the season. Our most effective runs were off left tackle. We were putrid up the middle. Yes it shows a lot of contact behind the LOS.
          • Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

My other issue is OL coaching. We have defenders in the backfield all too often for it to be just the players. No other team allows penetration as often as we do IMO.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• chris9341
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
              My other issue is OL coaching. We have defenders in the backfield all too often for it to be just the players. No other team allows penetration as often as we do IMO.
              It's because they focus more on pass protection. I understand why they do to. With Rivers not being mobile he needs all the protection he can get. One of the main problems with the run scheme is how the chargers run the ball. Ok you will not be successful running straight up the middle and your lineman just straight up blocking, there not moving them to the side to open up holes I don't see hardly any gaurds pulling. With Lynn being a run first coach although you wouldn't know that by the way the chargers played the last 12 games of the season I do believe he will get the running game going.

Comment

• chris9341
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                I think the biggest issue on the OL is center. Pulley should be a back up versatile Center/Guard. At the very least i expect Feeney to push for Center in camp. Lamp to play LG and Wiggins at RG. I was also told that Tevi was rated a lot higher on the Bolts draft board than where they selected him. I think the team also likes him as a potential RT going forward.

So what do we do in the draft? Im just not certain the team views OL as a huge need. And with the addition of Lamp and Tevi playing decently they may just stick with it.

The thing is....not allowing sacks is fine and good...but PFF needs to show run blocking stats. Im not sure they exist. And if they did our's would look pretty bad. Somewhere out there are stats that show our rushing effectiveness on the perimeter vs the interior. I just cant find them. I doubt those show much but i would imagine our perimeter runs might be better than our interior runs. Eventually stats like RB hits in the backfield and yards after contact behind the LOS will come out. I bet it shows Gordon getting hit more than most in the league. And i wouldn't be surprised if he did pretty well after contact in the backfield. Hes not easy to bring down unless you attack his feet. Hes easy to trip. But he gets hit seemingly every time he touches the ball in the backfield.

Another RB and a mauling Center makes sense to me. I hope it makes sense to Telesco. If not just load the defense up and start tearing the face off of teams and let Rivers... another RB like RJ2 in the 3rd... and a capable PK put up 26 points a game. And rely on the D to just rape the hell out of teams like the Jags.

Here's how I would do it. Keep Feeney at LG put Lamp at RG get a center in free agency or draft one like in the 3rd round. Don't forget we have Matt Slausen coming back also and if that happens you can put him in at center.

Comment

• charger1993
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Feeny at rg, lamp at lg, draft isiah wynn put him at center, also go and grab connor willams put him at rt

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chris9341 View Post

Here's how I would do it. Keep Feeney at LG put Lamp at RG get a center in free agency or draft one like in the 3rd round. Don't forget we have Matt Slausen coming back also and if that happens you can put him in at center.
                    Slausson is a UFA. I dont want to make it strike 3 on 3rd round centers. Out of the 4 Feeney, Lamp, Wiggins and Pulley i think Pulley is the 4th. So you move Feeney to Center and keep Wiggins at RG. Lamp slots in on the left side. Or vice versa with Wiggins. But Feeney most likely upgrades Pulley and he cant beat out Wiggins or Lamp at OG.

Comment

Working...
                    X