OT Life is Weird (for me) (This thread for Old-Timers only)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oneinchpunch
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
    Pretty special community we have here. It goes way beyond football. When one person suffers we tend to all feel it. Weve been through a lot together. Robs heat attacks...Punchys friend dying....Alexs situation......My cousins cancer etc.

Bunch of good people in this family.
    Your best friend(Chris?) that just passed last year. Very suddenly if I remember.
    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
      Your best friend(Chris?) that just passed last year. Very suddenly if I remember.
      Yep CB. Ive had so many i didnt want to post them all. lol

I still really struggle with it. I post on his FB wall all the time still.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
        Grammar Police
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Many of us have shared losses and rejoysed at others have had family additions to. Funny we dont all share more of our personal celibrations though.

For one I, (yes me) was elected president of the board of directors of a modest non-profit this year. I have been rather proud of that. Mainly being that I did not aspire to the position.

Whats something good this year has bestowed on you Alex?
        Go Rivers!

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
          Many of us have shared losses and rejoysed at others have had family additions to. Funny we dont all share more of our personal celibrations though.

For one I, (yes me) was elected president of the board of directors of a modest non-profit this year. I have been rather proud of that. Mainly being that I did not aspire to the position.

Whats something good this year has bestowed on you Alex?
          Congratulations, Stinky. They must see someone that's in it for the right reasons. A caring, compassionate person who has a good read for separating the wheat from the chaff. You certainly learned about chaff from your family of origin life. And someone competent enough to take care of day to day business. Your accounting background has to be a major plus.

I think me and my girlfriend taking our relationship to a deep level has been my leading bestowment. That's been awesome. Before that it was pretty much all about sex between us (not a bad thing necessarily) but there's much more to life. And also that I'm beginning to push through or integrate broken parts of me. I'm not sure if it's pushing through stuff or integrating. I prefer integrating so I'll stick with that. I wish it would happen faster of course.

Funny thing about family additions. I have to admit I get overwhelmed when I hear about that. I can't even write congratulations. ha When my step-sister had her baby and they took her baby from the delivery room to the neonatal room I was crying louder than all the babies combined. It overwhelms me. It's hugely profound for me. Holy Shit.
          For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
            We all go thru shit in life Alex and people are only human in how they support or dont based on their perspective at the time. Frankly i find writing the easiest way to more concretely and concisely get my thoughts down so i fully respect your openness on the forum. Ive seen and participated in a few deeper discussions here and in my worst times it helps to be vocal here. We got your back...at least most of us do and thats all it usually takes to support a person to feel not alone.

That said i will mirror the appreciation of some good people on this board. Thanks guys.

Kevin
            I hear ya. And I'm very glad you contributed here. You brought home to me just how improbable or unrealistic it is to assume everyone can be there for me and my needs. The need for someone to back me up is quite real (I'm still fairly fragile that way) however. So I need to think about those two things when I think about engaging someone/anyone any place, in conversation.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

Yep CB. Ive had so many i didnt want to post them all. lol

I think I know how that feels, Fleet. I live in a place for oldsters and people can die just like that. They can be in good shape but if they get an infection (kidney's perhaps) and don't seek help, they die quick. It's very tough if you get close to them especially. Fuck.

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Originally posted by alex View Post
                I think I know how that feels, Fleet. I live in a place for oldsters and people can die just like that. They can be in good shape but if they get an infection (kidney's perhaps) and don't seek help, they die quick. It's very tough if you get close to them especially. Fuck.
                Yea it sucks. Chris and i were the very best of friends for over 30 years. Just up and died of an aortic aneurism.

Now go edit out my name on the espn board. lol

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

I did for a long time as well.

For whatever reason I decided to cut off the posting last year. For me I think the dwelling on the loss was harming my family/myself.

My son getting really sick hammered it home. To focus on the moments I have with people and not the moments lost. Not sure it makes sense. But it's the way I trick my brain.
                  Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

Yea it sucks. Chris and i were the very best of friends for over 30 years. Just up and died of an aortic aneurism.

Oh gosh. I'm sorry, I know that fucking hurts like almost nothing else. This one dude over here was real cool. He played Spanish love songs at restaurants with his guitar and even played for some of the ladies here. He was a very cool guy. Always said something to me before taking his dog out for a walk. That was when I was doing jigsaw puzzles in the rec room. And he began and ended each day with a few laps in the pool. He was such a cool dude and looked nothing like he was going to die...except for the damn kidney infection.

Anyhow, I have to believe they're in a better place.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                      I did for a long time as well.

For whatever reason I decided to cut off the posting last year. For me I think the dwelling on the loss was harming my family/myself.

My son getting really sick hammered it home. To focus on the moments I have with people and not the moments lost. Not sure it makes sense. But it's the way I trick my brain.

That sounds healthy.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • SoDak
                        • Technology Director
                        • Send PM

You just take care of yourself Alex. Keep remembering the sun will rise the next day.

I had an old running friend on a running forum, who had the signature "Alive is a great way to start the day, take it from there."

Ironically, or semi-ironically he passed away at the age of 42-ish from a Heart problem. He was a marathon runner, had just completed one a few months before. It was shocking for those of us in that community... but I always remember that signature line. "Alive is a great way to start the day, take it from there."
                        "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

I lost a long time friend named Chris last year. I wonder if it's the same Chris?

Comment

Working...
                          X