• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Charged4Life
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post
    I am not going to lie I thought at 0-4 I was watching the series of Breaking Bad, when it look like something good was going to happen something bad happen. I am bummed we didn't make the playoffs, but excited about next year! My assessment of the team changed way they played the next 12 games and we played New England tough, and gave the Jags a victory.

I was way off base.
    1. Verrett going down I was thinking teams were going to abuse Trevor Williams - I was wrong
    2. Phillip Rivers looked like he was done - I was wrong
    3. Lynn look like he didn't have a clue - I was wrong
    4. Lamp going down seem like doom and gloom- I was wrong the line did better than any of us thought it would
    5. Mike Williams being injured dam all year and a #1 pick left me feeling bad- fact is we really didn't even need him
    6. Hunter Henry was being under utilized early - I was wrong thinking they didn't have a clue how to use him, he came up big before getting injured
    7.. Playing at Stub Hub Stadium was a disadvantage - In some aspect I think it helped the team come together knowing they had to because they didn't always get a lot of support at home so there wasn't a home field advantage.

I was wrong about a lot.
    But you are right about being wrong! :thumbsup:

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• OhioBolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Right especially watching the Titans and Chiefs. Alex Smith as I said many times is an average QB and he never comes 2-5 in the playoffs I don't think they would beat us 3 times, but we wouldn't of matched up with them opening round. Titans are one dimensional stop the run you stop them. The other two teams playing Bills are like Chiefs average QB in Taylor, Jags with Bortlles are probably out at the end of the day. We are better than all these teams.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• bonehead
            bonehead commented
            Editing a comment
            The move from SD to LA had to have a negative impact on them, not to mention getting in sync with the new coaching staff
        • richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

We aren't better than KC. We have lost to them 8 times in a row. I think that KC probably wins the game if Kelce doesn't go down - but Charger fans are all too familiar with playoff injuries so sometimes the healthiest team just wins. I think we could beat the other 3 teams playing this week.

Comment

• foreigner
          Tom Telesco is gone
          • Sep 2013
          • Send PM

regarding the Lambo baggage issues.. how can you guys forget "his laughing all the way to the locker room" after the Raiders game?

"A Chargers assistant slammed his team-issued hat against a garbage can. John Spanos, president of football operations, stalked with anger-stiffened shoulders, heated after the latest loss.

And then, feet in front of them, there was kicker Josh Lambo, laughing and chatting up an opponent.

It was a bad look.

Television cameras caught Lambo walking off the field Sunday following a 34-31 loss to the Raiders. Minutes earlier, the hold was botched on his game-tying 36-yard field goal attempt. As others were still fuming, as quarterback Philip Rivers knelt in the distance, the broadcast cut to Lambo giddily speaking with kicker Sebastian Janikowski.

Fraternizing with an opponent is common before, after and even during an NFL
          Last edited by foreigner; 01-08-2018, 11:32 AM.

Comment

• vinabolt
            Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
            • Feb 2015
            • Send PM

Yeah Lambo has always been that guy since the TX A&M days. All he cares is making his kicks on gameday. He doesn't really care about anything else, teammate, victory or defeat, practices, anything like that. On gameday and gameday only. He was on local TV proudly revert himself as a "good gameday player". He indeed is an okay gameday kicker. He's on good behavior in JAX now with boss Tom Coughlin staring at him and they have tough ass coaches there. But how long will his good behavior last? I suspect he'll just going back to to his old self next year.
            Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

Working...
            X