OT Did anyone go to any Chargers "Home" games this season?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UtahBolt
    Did we win?
    • Jun 2013
    • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
    • Send PM

I went to the road game at the Patriots and I was surprised how many Charger fans were there. Both in the Patriot Place mall/restaurant area before the game and in the stadium. Now, it was not like KC or Oak fans over running the Q but it was nice to see as I have been in road stadiums before with virtually no Bolt fans anywhere. BTW-Patriot fans were pretty cool, believe it or not. Not one person said a negative word to us throughout the game, we were pleasantly surprised. Much more dignified than in Denver where I have had multiple confrontations over the years!
    I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• vinabolt
      Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
      • Feb 2015
      • Send PM

Patriots fans generally pretty cool to us, except for some stupid fools here and there of course. Most of them seem to like Rivers and respect us, despite we weren't really a successful franchise by any mean. They're a pain to the a$$ to the Patriots haters, though, lol.

Rivers and us might have got their respect from that Championship Game where Rivers played with 1 leg against a Belichick defense. He played well, too, made a bunch of clutch completions late in the 4th and were one LT 4th down conversion away from going to the big game.

Looking back in hindsight, that result might not be that bad for Rivers and the organization. Imagine Rivers bring his 1 leg with him to the teeth of that ferocious NYG pass rush. His career would have ended right there.

Rivers and the team caught a break when we played NE and not one of Shannarat, Jeff Fishy, Sean Payton's team. NE have never been a dirty team and their defenses don't have many dirty players over the years. Can't say the same for those coaches' teams. Heck, Sean Peyton put a bounty on some opposing players and paid his players just to do those disgusting things (bountygate). And Jeff Fishy was the one who re-hired Gregg Williams immediately after the NFL reinstated him. They'd have ended Rivers career in that game. Get some guys to dive into his legs, to get him out so they can play Billy Volek.
      Last edited by vinabolt; 01-04-2018, 10:43 AM.
      Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

• WindsorUK
        WindsorUK commented
        Editing a comment
        Don't forget Billy Volek was the reason we got to play in New England in the first place.
        PR and LT did nothing that day. Scifres and the D were the reason we ended up in NE.

• vinabolt
        vinabolt commented
        Editing a comment
        What the hell do you have against Rivers? You don't like his act or something?

No way in hell Volek "was the reason" we ended up in NE. He engineered 1 good drive!

And if you looked at his plays in that drive, he really just made 2 easy short throws that ended up become big gain after the catches. Norv deserved the credits for those 2 excellent timely calls.

Volek wasn't even sleep the night before the game. He said he drank too much coffee and too hyped up and nervous to sleep.

• MasterOfPuppets
        MasterOfPuppets commented
        Editing a comment
        Rivers was 14/19 264 yards and 3 TDs with 133 QBR. He threw 2 beautiful TD passes, but you probably prefer QB that don't get injured
    • Mister Hoarse
      No Sir, I Dont Like It
      • Jun 2013
      • Section 457
      • Migrant Film Worker
      • Send PM

I went to the KC game when my nephews bought me a ticket. Its a nice venue. Seemed pricey, but I didn't spend a dime in the place.
      If I was ever to go back, it would be the same situation.
      ​​​​​​Tailgated with some buds at their spaces. Was weird seeing such a different crowd there as well, inside and outside.
      Lots of those brand new Rivers jerssys you get free with season ticket purchases. Saw a couple of 99s. Missing were the plethora of numbers from our team history that fans wore in Diego to honor their past heroes. Kinda made me sad.
      I wasn't really feeling it that day, so perhaps my memory is biased, but I still root for this team on Sundays. Its the rest of my week that has changed.
      ​Go Bolts
      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X