• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vinabolt
    Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
    • Feb 2015
    • Send PM

Boston not a good tackler but he kind of make up for it with his ball skills. He's a pretty good lurker out there. I'm not saying he is Deion Sanders, Ed Reed, but tackle isn't everything. He's not a good tackler doesn't mean he can't be a good player in his role. It depends on the coaches, the schemes, the assignments, the locations on the field where his job is.
    Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Apparently the coaches liked A. Phillips more than the linebackers. He played a ton of snaps in their place.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
        Bearded14YourPleasure commented
        Editing a comment
        Probably because he was actually making tackles.
    • Bearded14YourPleasure
      Fluent in Sarcasm
      • Jun 2013
      • Iowa
      • Man of the People
      • Send PM

Comment

• Heatmiser
        BetterToday ThanYesterday
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Boston hinting that he wants a big pay day. I don't think he will get one in LA. He is an ok FS but not worth a big contract (of course, I feel same about Adai and he got paid pretty well). If Verret does come back, the Chargers have 4 very good corners. Maybe King makes a move to FS? Verrett can play the slot.

TG
        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• OhioBolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I think people should review Tre Boston tape, his play got better when the defense stepped up, but his interceptions weren't based on him getting good reads there were balls thrown directly to him and I remember him dropping a few of them, and he also had ball tipped right to him. The Tackling is bad poor angles and run support is terrible he comes up so fast a ducks his head and whiffs and he commits stupid penalties.

Comment

• vinabolt
            vinabolt commented
            Editing a comment
            And that means he wasn't out of position and usually in the right place at the right time. If he wasn't stone hand he'd have even more picks.
        • Coachmarkos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • SoDak
          • Technology Director
          • Send PM

Bolded My Selections.

Unrestricted free agents:
          Trevor Williams is top priority.(not sure how "exlusive" works... but he played really well.
          Tre Boston is Second Priority - MUCH better than Dwight Lowery
          Chis McCain is third.
          Tyrell Williams is 4th - I'd probably have him higher, but I think Mike Williams is going to be good next year.
          Adrian Phillips is 5th
          I could live with either/or Wiggins and Schofield being brought back. But remember Lamp will return, and they will likely draft someone?
          I can live with Korey Toomer coming back as well.
          "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Bolt-O commented
            Editing a comment
            About Hairston, remember, he was put on the Non-football illness list, supposedly for a blood clot/clots. I don't think its worth the risk for a very average swing tackle.
        • UtahBolt
          Did we win?
          • Jun 2013
          • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
          • Send PM

1. Trevor Williams-seems to have the all tools of a starting NFL corner.

2. Chris McCain- a third rusher is a must.

3. Tyrell Williams- can be a real threat if he can learn to get the damn ball!
          4. Tre Boston- serviceable starter who is still young. At the right price but I am just not as high on him as some of you are.

5. Adrian Phillips-see T Boston above. At least one of the two must be brought back though.

Then in no particular order of guys I would like brought back for the right price: T. Palepoi, K Wiggins and Slauson if he can fully recover.

If he does not retire, Gates must be brought back. I can not handle seeing another Charger legend finishing his career somewhere else! Give him a one and done let him be a part of next year's run which could be a good one.
          I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• bonehead
            Undrafted
            • Jul 2013
            • TBD
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Looks,like the consensus is adios Attaochu......he was inactive for a lot of games
            Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Bolt-O
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

The versatile offensive lineman keyed in on the right guard spot for the Chargers in 2017, and that's how he wants the rest of the league to see him.

COSTA MESA, Calif. -- Kenny Wiggins, the Los Angeles Chargers' longest-tenured offensive lineman for the moment, has always been touted for his versatility.

Wiggins has been learning the Chargers' offense since 2013 and was kept around because he could play all five spots along the line. But for the last two seasons, he has worked to carve out a niche as a starting guard. That's how the Fresno State product wants the rest of the league to see him as he hits free agency.

"I've always said the more you can do, the less you get paid," Wiggins said, smiling. "It's the truth. You've got to be able to play in one spot and play it well. If you can play a bunch of spots but you play them mediocre, then you're not going to get paid.

"Me playing every game at guard and locking down the spot, and being able to show people that I can be an everyday starter -- go out there, stay healthy and be a contributor on our line -- I think that speaks volumes."

With D.J. Fluker's release last March, Wiggins went into training camp in a competition at right guard with rookies Forrest Lamp and Dan Feeney. Lamp suffered a season-ending knee injury in August and Wiggins won the job over Feeney.

Wiggins started all 16 games this season at right guard, playing 999 snaps. Only center Spencer Pulley (1,012) played more on offense.

Wiggins was part of an offensive line that anchored one of the best offenses in the NFL. Up front the Chargers allowed a league-low 18 sacks and paved the way for a 1,000-yard rusher in Melvin Gordon (1,105 rushing yards).

The Chargers also led the NFL in passing, averaging 277 passing yards a contest. Keenan Allen finished with a franchise-record 102 catches for a career-high 1,393 receiving yards with six scores.

"All it's about is opportunity," Wiggins said. "I'm glad I got it, and it happened at the right time. So it's good."

Wiggins is one of 14 Chargers set to become an unrestricted free agent in March. He'd liked to be back in the fold for the 2018 season.

"I'll relax for a little bit and then I'll figure it out," Wiggins said. "I'm a free agent, so we'll see what happens. Hopefully, I'm back here. But if not, it's on to the next."

Comment

• bonehead
                Undrafted
                • Jul 2013
                • TBD
                • Retired
                • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post
                1. Trevor Williams-seems to have the all tools of a starting NFL corner.

2. Chris McCain- a third rusher is a must.

3. Tyrell Williams- can be a real threat if he can learn to get the damn ball!
                4. Tre Boston- serviceable starter who is still young. At the right price but I am just not as high on him as some of you are.

5. Adrian Phillips-see T Boston above. At least one of the two must be brought back though.

Then in no particular order of guys I would like brought back for the right price: T. Palepoi, K Wiggins and Slauson if he can fully recover.

If he does not retire, Gates must be brought back. I can not handle seeing another Charger legend finishing his career somewhere else! Give him a one and done let him be a part of next year's run which could be a good one.
                I know Trevor Williams and Boston are gonna want to be paid....I think it it makes sense to use cap money on them, they know the system and they are relatively young and still have growth potential

if if the Chargers have a plan to move King to FS then fine
                Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• WindsorUK
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Windsor, U.K.
                  • Send PM

I'm on board with Williams squared and McCain. I'd like Palepoi and Wiggins to return as well.

Comment

• OhioBolt
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                    Looks,like the consensus is adios Attaochu......he was inactive for a lot of games
                    What, and who is that? Are do you mean when you sneeze and let it out it feels better!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X