• Hotter than hell, Georgia
    • Send PM

Comment

• WindsorUK
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Windsor, U.K.
      • Send PM

Watching other games over the past few weekends, it's fairly obvious the pro game has evolved to where you need a QB who can make plays with their legs as well as their arms. Defenses are getting more sophisticated and playing faster. Need a guy who can create if the OL in front of him can't provide time.
      TT needs to identify a player who fits that mold and can step in within the next few years. Whether that can be Jones is yet to be seen and I'm not sure how he gets the reps to prove his worth.
      That said, taking a QB number 1 would be just as bewildering as taking a WR number 1........oh wait........

Comment

• RTPbolt
        Charger Fan till the end
        • Jun 2013
        • North Carolina
        • Send PM

The issue I have with the mobile qb is year after year now we see those qbs go down injured...yes it opens a few things up but them being out the season is a major issue.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
          The issue I have with the mobile qb is year after year now we see those qbs go down injured...yes it opens a few things up but them being out the season is a major issue.
          I have to agree. It does help makes things tougher for a defense but look at all the scramblers. They have all missed time except for Wilson and he played hurt often last season and didnt have his typical year. Wentz tore his ACL and Philly though in the Championship game are lucky to be there. A good backup is important and i do think Foles is better than Clemens. Im not excited about Cardale Jones at all.

Comment

• bonehead
            Undrafted
            • Jul 2013
            • TBD
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I have to agree. It does help makes things tougher for a defense but look at all the scramblers. They have all missed time except for Wilson and he played hurt often last season and didnt have his typical year. Wentz tore his ACL and Philly though in the Championship game are lucky to be there. A good backup is important and i do think Foles is better than Clemens. Im not excited about Cardale Jones at all.
            Id take Cardale over Clemens in a heartbeat , Clemens sucks he is horrible
            Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post

Id take Cardale over Clemens in a heartbeat , Clemens sucks he is horrible
              Clemens is horrible,...and is getting old. Im just saying Cardale wasn't anything either and he doesn't excite me at all as a capable backup. I'd even say Clemens, as bad as he was in preseason, was better than Jones was.
              At least Cardale is young and had Rivers for a year to learn from but we need a better backup than him.

Comment

• Panamamike
                Panamamike commented
                Editing a comment
                Let’s see what he looks this off-season now that he knows the system. He had to learn 3 different offenses in a very limited pro career, and his college experience was successful but limited. He may be a scrub, but he may also be a viable QB as he has interesting skill sets. The picture should be a whole lot clearer in that regard this season.
            • Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
              Yeah I hope they pass on QB and take the BPA....Browns need to shop that #1 pick....they can still get a good QB at #4
              What if QB is BPA?
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• Panamamike
                Panamamike commented
                Editing a comment
                Hmmmm.....unless there are a lot of teams that pass on QB, I find this a very low probability. To me it would also depend on how close the grading is, and at what positions.

• bonehead
                bonehead commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah basically the Bolts would have to have Mason Rudolph or Riley Ferguson higher on their board than say players like Orlando Brown. Hurst DaRon Payne, Derwin James. Etc.....
            • bonehead
              Undrafted
              • Jul 2013
              • TBD
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Clemens is horrible,...and is getting old. Im just saying Cardale wasn't anything either and he doesn't excite me at all as a capable backup. I'd even say Clemens, as bad as he was in preseason, was better than Jones was.
              At least Cardale is young and had Rivers for a year to learn from but we need a better backup than him.
              Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• SDFan
                Woober Goober
                • Jun 2013
                • Dolores, CO
                • Retired
                • Send PM

Funny people think there has actually been a real search for the eventual replacement for Rivers.
                Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Steve
                  Steve commented
                  Editing a comment
              Working...
              X