• University English Lecturer
      • Send PM

Comment

• RTPbolt
        Charger Fan till the end
        • Jun 2013
        • North Carolina
        • Send PM

Prayers from NC. Its tough to watch seeing our mortality or losing a loved one. Cherish the good moments and be there if you can.

We lost my mother in law May 9th out of the blue from pneumonia...pretty healthy lady, caught a cold that went bronchitus and then pneumonia and within 5 days was too much for her. Didnt suffer too much at least but its still tough.

RTPbolt

Comment

• Charged4Life
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Send PM

Just found out my Mom has a particularly nasty form of head and throat cancer. Her survival rate is guesstimated at 30%. She'll have surgery on Wednesday. The fact that she's not eating anything and has gone down to under 100 pounds makes it worse. She has food and someone able to prepare her meals but not eating anything. I'm hoping the doctors can at least make her life more bearable as they remove cancerous parts of her. I hope they get it all but leave enough flesh intact I can still identify her.. We'll see i guess. This is nuts.

Comment

• Hard Charger
            Chargers fan since 1977!
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

We will keep you and your mom in our prayers and thoughts! Keep your chin up!

HC
            Last edited by Hard Charger; 06-25-2018, 03:00 PM.

Comment

• Charged4Life
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Hard Charger View Post
              We will keep you and your mom in our prayers and thoughts! Keep your chin up!

HC
              Thanks. And sorry about your brother.

Comment

• Charged4Life
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Send PM

Just wanted to say it means a LOT to me with all your comments here. It really does.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

There's too much cancer going around. My sister in law (who is as good a person as there is) had/has kidney cancer since last year. She had her kidney and about a dozen lymph nodes removed about two months ago after undergoing chemo for a few months. Now she's on Keytruda to the tune of about $12000 per treatment once a month. Luckily their insurance picks it up. The Ketruda has severe side effects like pain in joints and losing the ability to stand up since it weakens the muscles around the knees. And she was a runner so she had great leg muscles.

Nobody deserves cancer.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Charged4Life
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Send PM

Just to clear it up...the 30% figure is in regards to the chances the surgery fixes the problem. From what I understand at least. Of course that links directly to her survival.

Comment

• Panamamike
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Uffff.....sorry your family is going through this. Prayers and Mojo on the way to you and yours.

Comment

• Charged4Life
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Send PM

The MOJO here IS strong. Stinky was RIGHT! My Mom's aggressive cancer was cleaned out TOTALLY. I'm amazed that they could even do that considering where the cancer was (face and throat). My Mom was/is down to 97 pounds and her ideal weight is somewhere over 120.

Now I get word that she may have dementia. It's not a definite because it isn't completely known what was causing her lack of mental "spriteness". It could have been the cancer but we'll find out now. At least in the coming days with her cancer free. I hope it was the cancer.

Oh, and she got a free facelift with the surgery. And the doctors put gold on her eyelid so she won't have that deer in the headlights look. Gold will make her eyes less wide open I guess. It also makes her more valuable. I kid! But I guess it does.

Comment

• bonehead
                          bonehead commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Great news...happy for you and your family
                      • Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Charged4Life View Post
                        The MOJO here IS strong. Stinky was RIGHT! My Mom's aggressive cancer was cleaned out TOTALLY. I'm amazed that they could even do that considering where the cancer was (face and throat). My Mom was/is down to 97 pounds and her ideal weight is somewhere over 120.

Now I get word that she may have dementia. It's not a definite because it isn't completely known what was causing her lack of mental "spriteness". It could have been the cancer but we'll find out now. At least in the coming days with her cancer free. I hope it was the cancer.

Oh, and she got a free facelift with the surgery. And the doctors put gold on her eyelid so she won't have that deer in the headlights look. Gold will make her eyes less wide open I guess. It also makes her more valuable. I kid! But I guess it does.
                        The mojo is strong. Congrats. There is no better news than that.
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                        X