• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Antonio's Gates
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

OL

watched the game again. Man, denver was blitz happy and for the most part this line was having none of it. Where was Von Miller? Did he even play? Joe D for prez
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Love these guys. It shows you how much coacing counts
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

it makes me wonder, is LT still a priority? When I say priority I mean first two round priority.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • SoDak
        • Technology Director
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Antonio's Gates View Post
        it makes me wonder, is LT still a priority? When I say priority I mean first two round priority.
        Given Dunlap's health issues, I say yes.
        "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

but mike harris looked like a solid swing tackle too and hell be back

Comment

• Beerman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Eastlake
            • Send PM

I don't mind having Harris as the swing guy, but he's surely not a guy I want to see starting more than a game or 2.

I was actually thinking about this after the game as well. I was completely wrong about Dunlap. Scheme change or coaching improvements have done wonders for him. He's always clearly had the measurables to succeed, but just never put it together and was a penalty machine in his time with Philly.

That being said, the injuries have been an issue this season. Do we take a chance that he can hold up next season? I will say this - No rookie LT will perform better than him. So even if we do draft a guy in the first round, he's gonna be riding the pine or playing OG for the season (which isn't necessarily a bad thing).

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

speaking of guards, unless clary restructures I could see the team letting him go and starting troutman. then again, clary seems like he'll be a charger for life. i just hope troutman starts next year

Comment

• Beerman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Eastlake
                • Send PM

speaking of guards, unless clary restructures I could see the team letting him go and starting troutman. then again, clary seems like he'll be a charger for life. i just hope troutman starts next year
                I like Trout, but Rinehart was pretty damn good too. No penalties either. I wouldn't mind resigning Rinehart and letting them battle it out. He obviously has the injury concerns which will keep his price tag very reasonable.

Clary I don't see being retained at his current price. It's entirely too high for his production. I would love a pay cut to keep him and that would allow us to draft a OG/C in the 3rd/4th round to groom behind him.

I wouldn't mind at all going into next season with our current crop of starters as long as they bolster the backups with fresh talent. Orhrnberger needs to go.

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

rinehart is more consistent than troutman but troutman is basically a rookie and when he's on, he's much better than rinehart. troutman has pro bowl talent. I actually wouldn't mind both of them starting next year.

Comment

• Beerman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Eastlake
                    • Send PM

rinehart is more consistent than troutman but troutman is basically a rookie and when he's on, he's much better than rinehart. troutman has pro bowl talent. I actually wouldn't mind both of them starting next year.
                    There's a lot to be said about being consistent. Troutman was the culprit a few times in allowing penetration by the goal line that cost us points. The penalties at inopportune times were killer though. He has potential obviously, but all in good time. If he wins out, great. Rinehart has proved more than capable when healthy. That and he's dirt cheap for a starting LG.

Comment

• Panama
                      パナマ
                      • Aug 2013
                      • London
                      • Opera singer and web developer.
                      • Send PM

I do believe Troutman will be our starting OG next year, but at LG, not RG. Clary is under contract; Rinehart is not.
                      Adipose

Comment

• Buck
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

As many holes as we have in our defense, the best long term decision is to draft an OT in the first round I believe. I hope we take BPA though, but I hope BPA is OT.

Comment

Working...
                        X