• Show
Clear All
  • thelightningwill
    Go Aztecs and Pads
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
    People can spin facts in the order they want to to
    justify the decision. My 17 year old is a master at it. Sales/agents are a master at it. It allows people to be sold when they dont know the exact history of the facts. We dont know the truth in these cases. Both sides want to appear victorious in their PR efforts. It may very well be a time table was given and the agent was pulling negotiating 101 by seeing how serious the team was for their client only to find Butler was a strict negotiator just like AJ played in his tenure. Wouldnt surprise me at all if the players agents blew it by coming back after the deadline to try to gain leverage and found the team took the failure to respond by the deadline as disinterest and moved on.
    Owners and their business people - not GMs like Butler and Smith -negotiate contracts. The Chargers negotiated contracts the same before Butler and Smith as they did with Butler and Smith.
    I wanted Tolbert gone because he gave Norv an excuse to keep our number one pick Mathews on the bench. I saw Tolbert as having the same fumbling and poor blocking issues Mathews had - just with less running ability. I was glad he left and I still don't want him back.
    Last edited by thelightningwill; 12-28-2013, 09:35 AM.

Comment

fender57
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
      Owners and their business people - not GMs like Butler and Smith -negotiate contracts. The Chargers negotiated contracts the same before Butler and Smith as they did with Butler and Smith.
      I wanted Tolbert gone because he gave Norv an excuse to keep our number one pick Mathews on the bench. I saw Tolbert as having the same fumbling and poor blocking issues Mathews had - just with less running ability. I was glad he left and I still don't want him back.
      I'd rather they kept Tolbert and got rid of Norv.

Comment

• thelightningwill
        Go Aztecs and Pads
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
        I'd rather they kept Tolbert and got rid of Norv.
        Better they got rid of both

Comment

• Beerman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Eastlake
          • Send PM

There's no way we should of been paying Tolbert that much IMO. Woodhead's contract is a fraction of the cost.

Comment

fender57
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
            Better they got rid of both
            I can agree with that, but given a choice of one over the other...

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
              Grammar Police
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Tolbers going to the pro bowl...
              Go Rivers!

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

This would be my guy.

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the Browns are expected to hire Jim Schwartz as their defensive coordinator.
                What the Browns are doing, we have no clue. Rob Chudzinski assembled a star-studded coordinator pairing in OC Norv Turner and DC Ray Horton last offseason. Horton is one of the brighter defensive minds in the game. The Browns have told him he can seek employment elsewhere, and he'll have zero trouble landing on his feet. Schwartz worked with the Browns as a scout from 1993-1995 when Bill Belichick was the coach. Current Browns GM Mike Lombardi was also on that staff. Schwartz coordinated the Titans defense from 2001-2008. Of course, the Browns have no idea who their next head coach will be.

Comment

fender57
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                  This would be my guy.

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the Browns are expected to hire Jim Schwartz as their defensive coordinator.
                  What the Browns are doing, we have no clue. Rob Chudzinski assembled a star-studded coordinator pairing in OC Norv Turner and DC Ray Horton last offseason. Horton is one of the brighter defensive minds in the game. The Browns have told him he can seek employment elsewhere, and he'll have zero trouble landing on his feet. Schwartz worked with the Browns as a scout from 1993-1995 when Bill Belichick was the coach. Current Browns GM Mike Lombardi was also on that staff. Schwartz coordinated the Titans defense from 2001-2008. Of course, the Browns have no idea who their next head coach will be.
                  You would be ok with hiring a Jeff Fisher thug?

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

You would be ok with hiring a Jeff Fisher thug?
                    Did you read the paragraph? Or just fire away at me?

Comment

fender57
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                      Did you read the paragraph? Or just fire away at me?
                      Whoops, sorry.

I'd still give Pagano one more year.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Michael Lombardi is an idiot. So the next HC has to agree to have Schwartz as their DC with no choice to build his own staff? I don't know why some guys are so anxious to be a NFL head coach under just any circumstances. I think I'd avoid the Browns organization.

Comment

• Fleet
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Cardiff - Poipu
                          • Send PM

Whoops, sorry.

I'd still give Pagano one more year.
                          I dont think Pagano gets the axe but if he did Horton would be my guy. Clevelands point totals were not great but you can blame the 5 tunrovers returned for TDs as well as all the other 29 turnovers and great field position given to opponents.

Comment

Working...
                          X