Cleveland Browns again prove they are the laughingstock of the NFL.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bonehead
    Undrafted
    • Jul 2013
    • TBD
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post
    He couldn't even out run some police officers. Can't wait to see what the AFC North pass rushers do to him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ezjlgpg-9iw
    Was that his pro day?
    Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL
  • WindsorUK
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Windsor, U.K.
    • Send PM

Shouldn't have gone QB at 1, as there are no "sure" things this year( read: Luck) Nelson, Chubb, even Barkley would have been a better choice there as Tyrod Taylor will be their opening day QB.
    Should have waited until 4 to draft their QB.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

It's way too early to say whether they blew the picks or not.

Comment

• chargerkdb
        chargerkdb commented
        Editing a comment
        Cmon Rich its Cleveland!

• richpjr
        richpjr commented
        Editing a comment
        Very true, but the one thing that is different is that they finally have a GM that has a proven record of building a roster. Still not sure about that coach, though...
    • floydefisher
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • siberiacuse, ny
      • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post

Was that his pro day?
      Here's his combine numbers....he ran a 4.84 in the 40, which isn't all that bad for a QB, but won't be outrunning a ton of people either.

(idea for Fleet...any way we can get a different color for hyperlinked text? black just doesn't make it stand out all that much IMHO.)
      sigpic

Comment

• chris9341
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

I gotta give them credit with there second round pick of Nick Chubb rb from Georgia. But they still suck at drafting players in the first round. Think about this if they actually had someone that knew what they were doing they could have had Barkley and either Mayfield, Rosen,Allen or Sam Darnold with there other first round pick. So not only do you get the best rb in the draft but you also get a top ten QB.

Comment

• RTPbolt
          Charger Fan till the end
          • Jun 2013
          • North Carolina
          • Send PM

Only time will tell. I think the kid may be in a better situation where he wont be forced to start immediately unless injury occurs early to Tyrod. I think hes faced adversity getting snubbed and being a walk on and succeeding at a major university. I wont be surprised if he develops into a very good qb that takes Cleveland out if its shithole. My buddy is a Cleveland fan so I stay up on them and do root for them. I will root for the kid.

Comment

• Steve
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • South Carolina
            • Meteorologist
            • Send PM

All the top QB are in the same situation being behind a vet who can start while they learn.

Buffalo - McCarron - Josh Allen
            Cleveland - Taylor - Bake Mayfield
            Jets - McNown - Sam Darnold
            Arizona - Bradford - Josh Rosen
            Baltimore - Flacco - Lamar Jackson

If history is any indication, despite having an option to turn to, as each team approaches their desperation point, they will all force their rookies in and play them, regardless of whether they are ready or not. None of those teams has a very good pass blocking OL. Most of them have a weakish running game. To some degree, they all need receiving help.
            Last edited by Bolt-O; 04-28-2018, 08:26 AM.

Comment

• Bolt-O
              Bolt-O commented
              Editing a comment
              fixed one of the qbs.

• Boltjolt
              Boltjolt commented
              Editing a comment
              Im thinking McCarron believes he can hold off Josh Allen but Allens draft status will let him get his shot at some point. McCarron hasnt really got a chance to show what he can do. That will be intersting there.
          • Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chris9341 View Post
            And once again they will continue to suck and wonder why there first round pick is a flop. Baker Mayfield does not take anything serious and I'm gonna laugh my ass off when the Browns select a QB with the first pick again within three years. I just don't get it with this team when it comes to picking quarterbacks in the first round. You have Sam Darnold and Josh Rosen Available to draft who are both on another level from Mayfield and yet you take the worst option there is.
            Darnold may be a bust, it certainly wouldnt surprise me. Not all these QBs are going to have success. History suggests a quarter to a half of them will be busts.
            Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-29-2018, 09:23 AM.

Comment

• Steve
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • South Carolina
              • Meteorologist
              • Send PM

The analytics crowd will point to the fact that the best predictors of future success in terms of stats and measurables are completion percentage and number of games started. In terms of this year class, Mayfield has started more games and is miles ahead in terms of completion percentage than any other QB in the 2018 draft class.

I still think he is going to be a bust. The franchise is a mess and drafting a top prospect isn't going to help. Sure, they have Taylor to be the punching bag this season, but they won't stick to it. As soon as they start losing again, everyone will want Mayfield to play and he will get beat silly.

You can replace the other QB for Mayfield in that paragraph, rinse and repeat. The only guy who is in a decent situation (among the 1st rounders) is Jackson and I think he will be a bust just because he is not a good prospect.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Mayfield will need a Rivers like work ethic to succeed. Does he have it? Thats my only question.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                  Heatmiser commented
                  Editing a comment
                  In college he sure did. Don’t see that changing.

TG
              • Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                  Heatmiser commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think the dynamic in Baltimore is going to be bad with the QBs. Flacco really is in his prime years, makes a ton of dough, was a playoff/Super Bowl hero, and may really resent this even though he has nose dived a bit. I see trouble brewing for this team, factions will develop. That team always seems on the edge of thuggery and dysfunction, but the winning keeps a lid on it.
                  TG

• Formula 21
                  Formula 21 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  How about Ozzie trading away next years #1 in his last year as GM? Way to hamstring the next GM.

• bonehead
                  bonehead commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think Ozzie traded the 2019 second rounder......he had a great final draft
              • Steve
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • South Carolina
                • Meteorologist
                • Send PM

What I find interesting is why they even went after a QB with #1. IMHO, part of what Cleveland really lacks is the support system. If that is the case, either :

1). Draft Chubb at #1 to complement Garrett, and then draft the best QB you can at #4.
                2). Go Barkley at #1 to build up the offense, then draft the best QB you can at #4.

The only reason the strategies above don't work is if you only like 2 of the top QB. As long as you like 3 of them, you are guaranteed to get one of them, even if you go position player 1st. Even if you don't like 3, and only liked 2, then there was still a decent chance that you could get one, since I never thought the Giants were going to draft a QB.

I like Ward. He is a good prospect. Even a good 1st CB in the draft. I don't think he is a shutdown CB.

Comment

Working...
                X