Clear All
  • Panama
    パナマ
    • Aug 2013
    • London
    • Opera singer and web developer.
    • Send PM

We don't stand a chance in hell!

We don't stand a chance of making the playoffs! Only 18.5% of possible outcomes get us in, but let's be realistic, it's far more dire than that. We're relying on Andy Dalton against a solid defense, and on the Jets -- the JETS!!! -- and Geno Smith winning consecutive games. It ain't gonna happen, folks!

I'm just doing what I can to offset the jinxing Stinky gave us in the "Gleam" thread, so please don't respond too harshly.
    Adipose
  • thelightningwill
    Go Aztecs and Pads
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Ill wait til the games are over to decide if I should quit on the season.

Comment

Even if we don't get into the playoffs, I think we've had a very successful season, and I will be looking forward to the next few years with this coaching staff/GM. I'm excited
      about our future.

Comment

• Panama
        パナマ
        • Aug 2013
        • London
        • Opera singer and web developer.
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post
        Even if we don't get into the playoffs, I think we've had a very successful season, and I will be looking forward to the next few years with this coaching staff/GM. I'm excited
        about our future.
        This. Playoffs is just icing on the cake. I expected us to be 8-8, give or take a couple, but I never thought we had a realistic shot at the postseason. How sweet it would be if all the chips fell into place on Sunday!
        Adipose

Comment

• MakoShark
          Disgruntled
          • Jun 2013
          • North Alabama
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
          This. Playoffs is just icing on the cake. I expected us to be 8-8, give or take a couple, but I never thought we had a realistic shot at the postseason. How sweet it would be if all the chips fell into place on Sunday!
          I agree completely. I'm just happy this week has some meaning. Most had us mathmatically eliminated weeks ago and here we are: relevent.
          sigpic

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Much rather have a chance going into the last regular season game, then none in the past three seasons, even though there were games to thump on divisional opponents.

Comment

• SDFan
              Woober Goober
              • Jun 2013
              • Dolores, CO
              • Retired
              • Send PM

good work Panera!
              Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                Grammar Police
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

That does it, im no jinx, im going to bump the MM approval rating thread!!!
                Go Rivers!

Comment

• BoltBalls
                  Always keep eye contact!
                  • Jun 2013
                  • SD!
                  • Send PM

I'm happy that we still have the chance to "back into the playoffs" this year, it's more than I expected from this team early on with all the injuries to overcome. I did project 8 wins also, and it appears they can beat that count by one game which would be great. Even if the Dolphins or Ravens win the morning game, I want to see the Chargers come out and dominate a division rival.

Comment

• TABF
                    Por debajo del promedio
                    • Jun 2013
                    • SoCal
                    • Send PM

Lets add an appreciation portion to this since we are most likely (81.5% not likely) to make the PO's... Of course this is in an effort to boost our local Opera's singers reverse jinx mojo on the stinky thread...

The not ready for the prime time playoffs, 81.5 percent chance of staying at home Two Thousand 13 San Diego Chargers Appreciation Thread.

Rivers loves the new offense and for the most part picked apart every team we played minus Oakland (they do have a tough D)

R. Mathews Woodhead is a great change of pace back and is tough as nails. He has a few of the better catches this season to boot.

Gates and GreenKA = Special Player The patchwork OLDefense:

Comment

• WindsorUK
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Windsor, U.K.
                      • Send PM

Cincinatti( sp?) plays to win sunday because 1) they are at home, where they are 7-0, 2) they're playing a divisional rival, and 3) they have a chance to knock out the defending champs.
                      Jets win because 1) Geno Smith is coming off his best game, 2) they want to get to .500, and 3) they want to save their Head Coaches job.
                      Chargers beat the sh*t out of the Chiefs at home and go to the playoffs.
                      Easy
                      Last edited by WindsorUK; 12-23-2013, 12:14 PM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
                        We don't stand a chance of making the playoffs! Only 18.5% of possible outcomes get us in, but let's be realistic, it's far more dire than that. We're relying on Andy Dalton against a solid defense, and on the Jets -- the JETS!!! -- and Geno Smith winning consecutive games. It ain't gonna happen, folks!

I'm just doing what I can to offset the jinxing Stinky gave us in the "Gleam" thread, so please don't respond too harshly.

Im not worried about the Bengals, im worried about the Jets. We'll see. By kickoff we have a chance or not.

Comment

Working...
                        X