• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Leave it to My Sunshine to crap on a feel good article.

Comment

• Beerman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Eastlake
      • Send PM

Just because we've said it before, doesn't mean we can't say it again. That I didn't like the pick at the time doesn't particularly have much to do with the subject at hand. I may criticize his play, doesn't mean I wish the man ill will or that he's not a good person, etc. We generally only criticize players when they fuck up or get a dui, arrested, etc. Don't see the issue in talking about the good as well.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
        Just pointing out (from memory) that people on here have said something to the effect that "this is a guy I can root for" in cases of those I mention. Two are pretty much hated on here, one didn't get a lot of love, and the 4th is often cited as being a poor pick (by you in fact).
        There are a lot of these stories.

The original Te'o thread on the old board was about a letter he wrote to a dying child. Using his dead grandma and girlfriend to relate to her story.

It was a great story. Stinky cried.
        Last edited by oneinchpunch; 08-10-2013, 10:57 PM.
        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• RobH
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Tokyo, Japan
          • University English Lecturer
          • Send PM

Stinky always cries. He's just a big old puppy dog at heart.

Comment

• TTK
            EX-Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • America's Finest City
            • Send PM

Screw the haters. That was a great read!

Comment

• QSmokey
              Guardedly Optimistic
              • Jun 2013
              • Kuna, Idaho
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Didn't Acee write an article like this about Mathews in his first camp (even had the homeless angle)? I also recall people speaking glowingly of Meachem after an article on here last year about this time. I recall nice articles about Cason his rookie year in cap as well, same can be said of Stuckey. I could probably go into more but I can't search the UT website (not a subscriber) nor can I go back to the old board. To be honest, Fluker will be liked on here as long as he produces. If he doesn't produce then he will get no love on this board.
              Of course there's a big difference between "liking" someone (as much as we can, detached as we are) as a football player, and quite another thing to respect someone as a person and wish them the best because of their challenging life experiences. As we all know, there are plenty of talented - and productive - a$$holes in this League, that, to be honest, I wish not-such-great things upon (both as football players and, in cases like Vick, as a person). It's kind of a nice change to see that the League is not completely devoid of quality individuals, performance notwithstanding.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                Grammar Police
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                There are a lot of these stories.

The original Te'o thread on the old board was about a letter he wrote to a dying child. Using his dead grandma and girlfriend to relate to her story.

It was a great story. Stinky cried.
                Guilty as chargered...

Go get me some tissue now!
                Go Rivers!

Comment

• Den60
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
                  Just because we've said it before, doesn't mean we can't say it again. That I didn't like the pick at the time doesn't particularly have much to do with the subject at hand. I may criticize his play, doesn't mean I wish the man ill will or that he's not a good person, etc. We generally only criticize players when they fuck up or get a dui, arrested, etc. Don't see the issue in talking about the good as well.
                  Again, pointing out the lack of love for Mathews, Meachem and Cason - none of which have gotten arrested while a Charger.

Comment

• Den60
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
                    Of course there's a big difference between "liking" someone (as much as we can, detached as we are) as a football player, and quite another thing to respect someone as a person and wish them the best because of their challenging life experiences. As we all know, there are plenty of talented - and productive - a$$holes in this League, that, to be honest, I wish not-such-great things upon (both as football players and, in cases like Vick, as a person). It's kind of a nice change to see that the League is not completely devoid of quality individuals, performance notwithstanding.
                    Never did I say anyone shouldn't like Fluker or root for him. I just point out, based on history, that all this feel good crap goes down the toilet if he doesn't produce. I wish I could search the old board and post those old articles and comments. Probably had a nice one on English as well.

Comment

• TTK
                      EX-Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • America's Finest City
                      • Send PM

Meachem wasn't drafted by the Chargers so any "feel good story" he has isn't going to have an impact here as it would if the Chargers were the team that drafted him.

Don't even look at the production with Mathews. He just never showed the attitude or work ethic from day one to be a likable player IMO. He just has zero charisma in my eyes.

I don't remember ever reading any story like this relating to Cason and I was a big fan of his coming out of college.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
                        Meachem wasn't drafted by the Chargers so any "feel good story" he has isn't going to have an impact here as it would if the Chargers were the team that drafted him.

Don't even look at the production with Mathews. He just never showed the attitude or work ethic from day one to be a likable player IMO. He just has zero charisma in my eyes.

I don't remember ever reading any story like this relating to Cason and I was a big fan of his coming out of college.
                        Ive never heard anything about his work ethic except that he has worked hard. Yeah he had that conditioning test he failed which was said it was due to the way he trained and wasnt doing it right which lead to heavy legs or something like that. He did pass that test the next day or soon after.

He has come in stronger and in shape so i think your claim is not a valid one. Even last year when he broke his collarbones he came in TC in great shape.

Ironically the year he failed that first test, he had his best season.
                        Last edited by Boltjolt; 08-11-2013, 11:32 AM.

Comment

• floydefisher
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2013
                          • siberiacuse, ny
                          • Send PM

Again, pointing out the lack of love for Mathews, Meachem and Cason - none of which have gotten arrested while a Charger.
                          I don't hate Matthews, I just think he's being abused in the wrong role.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X