• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oneinchpunch
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
    Not sure what he's seeing at practice. I thought he did very well today. Obviously he's not getting info from the coaching staff.

Mike Harris sure as fuck isn't the answer and he's the backup.
    I would think Dunlap would be the backup. Even though he might be the starting LT.

If they made the switch I think Starks would take over LT.
    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
      Grammar Police
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Dunlap/Harris is setting the bar pretty low. For now he needs the reps. Let him go to school this time of year.
      Go Rivers!

Comment

• Beerman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Eastlake
        • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
        I would think Dunlap would be the backup. Even though he might be the starting LT.

If they made the switch I think Starks would take over LT.
        I don't see Dunlap starting for much longer primarily because of his run blocking. He just gets no leverage because he's so damn tall. It's great when he's backpeddling, but he can't get under any d lineman it seems. At least that was my impression from the running plays I saw to his side.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I don't see Dunlap starting for much longer primarily because of his run blocking. He just gets no leverage because he's so damn tall. It's great when he's backpeddling, but he can't get under any d lineman it seems. At least that was my impression from the running plays I saw to his side.
          Hes an awful run blocker. One of the worst Ive seen.

Rather keep Rivers in one piece.
          Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

My buddy Whip is at Camp. All time sacks leader at SDSU. Hes very closely tied to the Chargers. Drafted by the Vikings years ago. I really value his opinion. Told me Fluker has looked very good today.

Odds that Acee's opinion are biased against Fluker? Probably pretty high. And since when does Acee know anything about football? And the coaches wont say it huh?? Did he ask that question? LOL God i hope not. Only makes him look like an idiot this early in camp.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
              My buddy Whip is at Camp. All time sacks leader at SDSU. Hes very closely tied to the Chargers. Drafted by the Vikings years ago. I really value his opinion. Told me Fluker has looked very good today.

Odds that Acee's opinion are biased against Fluker? Probably pretty high. And since when does Acee know anything about football? And the coaches wont say it huh?? Did he ask that question? LOL God i hope not. Only makes him look like an idiot this early in camp.
              Acee said 2 days into camp last year that Harris would make the team.

Got ridiculed pretty good for that prediction 2 days into camp.
              Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Den60
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Acee: Coaches say they're searching for five best guys to start on OL. They won't say it, but so far DJ Fluker is not one of best five.
                I don't think he is in the top 5 when it comes to being the RT. He should, I would hope, be one of the top 5 as guard. If not then we have a big problem drafting an o-lineman at #11 who can't even break the starting lineup on one of the worst o-lines in the league.

Comment

• Den60
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

And Starks can't pas block. Maybe we could do a rotation along the o-line so we can have one in for running plays and the other in for passing plays like they do on defense. LOL

Comment

• Den60
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Hes an awful run blocker. One of the worst Ive seen.

Rather keep Rivers in one piece.
                    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HB6l4i-zA_Q?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                    Last edited by Den60; 07-27-2013, 02:26 PM.

Comment

• Beerman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Eastlake
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

That jives with what I saw today and I was pretty much fixed on him most plays and the 1 on 1s. He is extremely stout at the point of attack. He's going to stonewall any guy trying to bull rush him. English tried to go around a few times but Fluker had a good punch that popped him back. His size/strength combo is going to be a mismatch for virtually all pass rushers. Like its been mentioned before...if he gets his hands on someone, it's over.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

I was at camp today, and Fluker looked improved since the first day. He needs reps, but he's no bust. It's too early to make a judgement though.

Comment

• Fleet
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Cardiff - Poipu
                          • Send PM

That jives with what I saw today and I was pretty much fixed on him most plays and the 1 on 1s. He is extremely stout at the point of attack. He's going to stonewall any guy trying to bull rush him. English tried to go around a few times but Fluker had a good punch that popped him back. His size/strength combo is going to be a mismatch for virtually all pass rushers. Like its been mentioned before...if he gets his hands on someone, it's over.
                          Im just going to rely on people i trust for camp information. And Acee isnt one of them. Hes made it clear he hates the Fluker pick from the get go. Its almost a political feel with him.

Comment

Working...
                          X