• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oneinchpunch
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Peyton didn't break record?

Looks like he had a 7 yard pass that was really a lateral. Putting him 6 yards behind Brees.

@MikeKlis: Thought of turning 7-yd Peyton Manning pass to Eric Decker as rush would be criminal. Manning could have thrown for 500 if he wanted.

@MikeKlis: it would be PR nightmare for NFL if in same week they admitted to robbing Steelers of playoffs they take away record from Manning.

@MikeKlis: Besides, it's not conclusive enough to overturn. It wasn't Broncos stat crew trying to pad Peyton's stats with 7. It was Raiders stat crew.
    Hashtag thepowderblues
  • oneinchpunch
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Heatmiser
      BetterToday ThanYesterday
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Klis is right. The record must be meaningless. So it doesn't matter if he didn't really break it. I mean it's not like Manning played in a meaningless game and kept playing, even when up 24-0. So no big deal, just give it to him. Just like he got the extra TD that wasn't a TD against the Texans.

And Darn those chargers.
      TG
      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• captaind
        Cook This Pork Chops
        • Jun 2013
        • Mars
        • Ball Holder
        • Send PM

Love the "Loser Eli" at the bottom of the last pic. :lol:

This would be epic funny.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Who cares. Should of let him throw one more to make sure i guess. Im sure only Brees cares since he seems to be into himself like that. Brees didnt sit at all the next week after breaking the record. He played the whole game in a blowout of Carolina in their last game of the season.
          Last edited by Boltjolt; 12-30-2013, 06:14 PM.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Screw Manning, Brees earned it, Make Manning earn it too.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• thelightningwill
              Go Aztecs and Pads
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

Not sure what record this is. Only ones I pay attention to are the rushing record and the scoring record.

Comment

• Buck
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

He would have made it if they didn't call it a forward pass, so I don't think they should take it back now.

Comment

fender57
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

If he did not throw a forward pass then it would be dishonest to let him have the record when changing it does not affect the bottom line of anything other than egos.

Before anyone mentions the Succop field goal thing, changing the outcome of a game after it's been played would be catastrophic since a game is made up of a series of plays, the time to change the play is right after it occurred and since it didn't happen it's a moot point.

Brees still has the record IMO. Knowing the Manning ball-washing that goes on I suspect they will let him keep it, but I wonder what kind of stink Brees will raise.

Comment

• thelightningwill
                    Go Aztecs and Pads
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
                    If he did not
                    throw a forward pass then it would be dishonest to let him have the record when changing it does not affect the bottom line of anything other than egos.

Before anyone mentions the Succop field goal thing, changing the outcome of a game after it's been played would be catastrophic since a game is made up of a series of plays, the time to change the play is right after it occurred and since it didn't happen it's a moot point.

Brees still has the record IMO. Knowing the Manning ball-washing that goes on I suspect they will let him keep it, but I wonder what kind of stink Brees will raise.
                    Brees turned my stomach during the strike. If whatever this is makes him look like a turkey, I support it.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Still dont care. Rivers will break it next season :hello:

Comment

• homeless simpson
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

meh, he could've just kept playing another series and still would've broken the record instead of piling on like how Brees got the record. This isn't as bad as Favre purposely getting sacked just so Strahan could break the sack record.

Also, he'd be a total asshole if he played the whole game just to make the record harder to break.
                        Last edited by homeless simpson; 12-30-2013, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X