• Show
Clear All
  • sandiego17
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Yubaking View Post
    This rationale is pure horse manure.
    Peyton Manning's single-season passing yardage record which came into question will remain, an NFL spokesman confirmed.

...there was an issue with a 7-yard completion from Manning to Eric Decker late in the first half that could have changed the play to a run, allowing Brees to keep the record. In one camera angle, the pass to Decker looks like a lateral, which would make it a running play. Another angle, from above, shows Decker receiving the ball at the Broncos' 48-yard line, with Manning slightly deeper than that.

Elias Sports Bureau made the final call after reviewing the play, which will remain a pass.

If its inconclusive, I agree with Elias that the ruling should stand. However, there does appear to be some Manning Golden Child rule influencing the conclusive-ity, but that's just my opinion.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
      No Sir, I Dont Like It
      • Jun 2013
      • Section 457
      • Migrant Film Worker
      • Send PM

Conclusive-ity logo:
      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
      sigpic

Comment

• oneinchpunch
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Oh, so that "other angle". The one the NFL isn't allowed to show fans. No wonder.
        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

fender57
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
          Oh, so that "other angle". The one the NFL isn't allowed to show fans. No wonder.
          I wonder if that copy was burned so not to provide an unfair advantage to other teams?

Comment

• Panama
            パナマ
            • Aug 2013
            • London
            • Opera singer and web developer.
            • Send PM

Originally posted by SFWfromESPN View Post
            If I am not mistaken the play was ruled a pass during the game and Peyton set the record. So how can we as fans say those yards should be taken away from him based on re-reviewing game tape after the fact and then turn around and say too bad when it comes to the refs missing our illegal line-up during the FG attempt on Sunday? If both were ruled one way during the game then they should stay that way. We can't or shouldn't have it both ways.
            Completely different scenario. In the case of the FG, to overturn the play would be to change something that happened on the field. In the case of the pass/lateral, the only thing you are changing is the description of the play. This has no bearing on the outcome at all.

In the case of the FG, the league has no choice but to let it stand. In the case of the pass/lateral, they have an obligation to change it if they deem the pass a lateral.
            Adipose

Comment

• Panama
              パナマ
              • Aug 2013
              • London
              • Send PM

You guys seem to take someone disagreeing with you really personal. It is pretty sad. It's not a big deal.
              When there's a disagreement on a matter of opinion, there's plenty of room to debate.

But when someone is wrong on a point of fact, as you have been in this thread, there is no room for debate. Our choices become: (1) correct the factual error, or (2) allow you persist in your error but discredit anything further you say on the subject. Personally, since I enjoy your contributions, I would choose to attempt to disabuse you of your error rather than dismiss anything else you have to say on the matter out of hand.
              Adipose

Comment

• Panama
                パナマ
                • Aug 2013
                • London
                • Send PM

I think Brees retaining the record would be a dishonest road. Manning was told he had the record so he sat for the 2nd half. If he wasn't mislead he would have stayed on until he did officially get the record.
                You don't know that. For all we know, he may not have had any intention of playing the second half at all.
                Adipose

Comment

• SFW
                  PB Official Game Thread Starter
                  • Jul 2013
                  • NY
                  • USMC
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
                  When there's a disagreement on a matter of opinion, there's plenty of room to debate.

But when someone is wrong on a point of fact, as you have been in this thread, there is no room for debate. Our choices become: (1) correct the factual error, or (2) allow you persist in your error but discredit anything further you say on the subject. Personally, since I enjoy your contributions, I would choose to attempt to disabuse you of your error rather than dismiss anything else you have to say on the matter out of hand.
                  I said part of the reason that some fans are totally for it being changed is due to not liking Peyton. That is not a fact, just my opinion. Does not mean every fan feels that way (as you can see 6025 took exception to) but you can also see that Yubaking agreed as to being the case for him.

I understand that plays are reviewed and sometimes changed (I never disputed that). In this case the Elias group reviewed the play and left it as called on the field. That is all I ever said should be done from the beginning.

I understand many of the regulars here feel it is in the their duty to correct any wrong info that gets posted (I do the same). Like I said, it isn't a big deal. In this case I disagree with many of you, other times I am on your side. In the end, it isn't a big deal.
                  1) Jason Verrett (CB) TCU
                  2) Demarcus Lawrence (OLB) Boise St
                  3) Will Sutton (DT) Arizona St
                  4) Jarvis Landry (WR) LSU
                  5) John Urschel (OC) Penn St
                  6) Shamar Stephen (DT) UConn
                  7) Brock Coyle (ILB) Montana

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post

Especially since the post he quoted wasn't even directed towards him.
                    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• SFW
                      PB Official Game Thread Starter
                      • Jul 2013
                      • NY
                      • USMC
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                      Especially since the post he quoted wasn't even directed towards him.
                      Yeah, especially that.
                      1) Jason Verrett (CB) TCU
                      2) Demarcus Lawrence (OLB) Boise St
                      3) Will Sutton (DT) Arizona St
                      4) Jarvis Landry (WR) LSU
                      5) John Urschel (OC) Penn St
                      6) Shamar Stephen (DT) UConn
                      7) Brock Coyle (ILB) Montana

Comment

• KNSD
                        Registered Charger Hater
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
                        Eli-as Group
                        Makes sense now!
                        Prediction:
                        Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                        Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                        Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• KNSD
                          Registered Charger Hater
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

How about "Asked and Answered" - Get over it everybody. Move on.
                          Prediction:
                          Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                          Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                          Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

Working...
                          X