• Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Jets trading Bridgewater to the Saints!

Comment

• Attack
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2017
      • Send PM

Bridgewater may have found his team to take over in a few years when Brees says goodbye. Dang it.

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Comment

• Panamamike
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Attack View Post
          Bridgewater may have found his team to take over in a few years when Brees says goodbye. Dang it.
          Or he will be somewhere else next year. He is a FA at years end.

Comment

• chargerkdb
            Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Hotter than hell, Georgia
            • Send PM

We can get Tyrod Taylor when Cleveland inevitably chooses Mayfield over him

Comment

• Panamamike
              Panamamike commented
              Editing a comment
              Why? To eat that much cap space to sit on the bench? Hell we could't afford Bridgewater for 6mm

• chargerkdb
              chargerkdb commented
              Editing a comment
              Tyrod isn’t leaving Cleveland for at least a year. That’s assuming Cleveland doesn’t keep him and trade Mayfield down the road.

Bridgewater is either a one year rental for a 3rd rounder or New Orleans is going to have to pay him. Cap hit for starting QB’s is in 20-33 range.

I’d rather have Taylor as a FA looking for his 4th team and over age 30 than spend a 3rd round pick and lock up that sort of change on Bridgewater. He is talented, but that knee scares the hell out of me.

How many years does Rivers have? 2-3 years?
          • Attack
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

Or he will be somewhere else next year. He is a FA at years end.
            You may be right. I don't see the Saints giving up a 3 for just this season though. I think the Saints will re-sign Teddy so he doesn't get away. Again, not a lot of places for him to go and start in the next couple of years.

I'd have traded a 3 for him and let Geno and Cardale go, and sign him to an extension.

Comment

• Panamamike
              Panamamike commented
              Editing a comment
              You mean like Jax after Bortles regresses and they miss the playoffs? Or Miami? Or perhaps the Nyg...maybe Dallas is dax continues to regress. Keep in mind it is a salary cap league, and a finite window to earn. So he is going to take pennies on the dollar to sit as a backup or take a 1 yr prove it deal at 15mm to have a chance to start and earn a long yerm deal? I know which one i would do.

• Attack
              Attack commented
              Editing a comment
              Take a look at the cap hits that Jax and Miami will take for cutting Bortles and Tannehill in the next couple of years. With those hits, I'm not seeing those guys getting cut and then Bridgewater getting paid $15M/yr by those teams, like you say. I could see Jax and Miami drafting a QB to take over, because it would be much cheaper on the cap. Eli will play for a few more years too, and the Giants already have 2 young QBs to consider. I don't see Dax going anywhere in the next few years. I could see Washington as a possibility for Teddy (prior to Saints trade) in the next few years. Again, not a lot of places for Teddy to go to be the starter in the next few years. I think with the Saints, he has found a spot to take over in the next 2 or 3 yrs, just like it would have been with the Bolts. I get what you're saying about Teddy wanting to make cash, but there has to be a spot for him to start to make the kind of dough that you are suggesting.
          • Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

I don't see him as being any better than Geno.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• saipanruss
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

This means one of the following is most likely to get cut. Savage or Hill. They won't keep 4 QBs. I think either one of these would be better that Smith or Jones.

Comment

• chargerkdb
                chargerkdb commented
                Editing a comment
                I’d take the Alias over Smith and Jones
            Working...
            X