• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post

has our society really E/DEvolved to where simply calling someone on the phone would be viewed as an invasion of privacy? Electronic communication is sterile with no nuance and things can be taken the wrong way too often/easily. Just MHO, but you should never be afraid of calling somebody you view as family just to check in or air things out..
    LOL, agree. A phone call is an invasion? OK. Different times i guess.
    However, i didnt know he had left but im not here much these days. Im just over the NFL as a whole. Still love football but dont like all the rule changes. And i really dont care about OTAS or minicamps. Its just not news to me.
    Hopefully Steve comes back, really liked his insight even if i dont agree all the time but we all never agree all the time.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

I was never a ESPN poster. Started at thenflforum, SDUT which ive pretty much left and here. Sometimes at Boltalk but left there as well and the Chargers.com has always been awful. Too many posters with no clue which isn't any fun.

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

LOL, agree. A phone call is an invasion? OK. Different times i guess.
        However, i didnt know he had left but im not here much these days. Im just over the NFL as a whole. Still love football but dont like all the rule changes. And i really dont care about OTAS or minicamps. Its just not news to me.
        Hopefully Steve comes back, really liked his insight even if i dont agree all the time but we all never agree all the time.
        Steve never gave me his number. Nor did he give me his last name. I found him by essentially stalking him. That is an invasion of privacy. It is to me at least.

Comment

• Formula 21
          Formula 21 commented
          Editing a comment
          Let him go. He'll do what he wants. People do move on to new activities.

• Fleet
          Fleet commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh i have. I just wanted to get out ahead of it in the event the community started wondering.
      • Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Steve never gave me his number. Nor did he give me his last name. I found him by essentially stalking him. That is an invasion of privacy. It is to me at least.
        Oh thats different. I was thinking you had it. But had you called me by finding my number, its not like id be pissed or anything. Then again if i dont recognize the area code or the number chances are i wont answer anyways since i get a lot of solicitors.

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Oh thats different. I was thinking you had it. But had you called me by finding my number, its not like id be pissed or anything. Then again if i dont recognize the area code or the number chances are i wont answer anyways since i get a lot of solicitors.
          You were tripping when i found you on FB. lol

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

You were tripping when i found you on FB. lol
            Only because I didn't think you knew who I was lol. More shocked than anything else but it's cool.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Ive tried like crazy to get him back. But he wont respond. It hurts because i always looked up to him. He was a mentor to me. I was going to just brush it off if it was ever brought up. And he hasnt been brought up yet. But i wanted to get this off my chest. Because its my fault. I need to own to up this because he was invaluable to us here. And i pushed him away.

I made Steve a part of this staff and our resident draft analyst. Im obviously a draft guy as well but im busy on multiple fronts. Including battling some nagging health issues. He was great enough to make profiles and really fed this community awesome film break down...player evaluations...and amazing insight to the way our team works. And just generally a great educator when it comes to the sport of football. I learned a lot from coach Steve.

I wasnt happy about some things. Coupled with the fact that im on edge often from fighting these health issues i was rude to him. He never responded to my personal message...but he made it clear he wasnt happy by removing some posts of his. And then logging out.

He hasnt been back since. I sent him 3 private messages. And i sent him a heartfelt sincere apology via email. Nothing. I came close to just calling him but that would be a serious violation of privacy.

I dont believe he will be back. And i want everybody to know its my fault. I fucked up. Im doing the best i can to be the best i can for this community. But i screwed the pooch on this one. We have slowed greatly without him educating and creating here. Im personally hurt by this. 1. I considered him a friend. 2 A mentor. 3. A teacher.

Its out in the open. I am sincerely sorry to this community.
              Call him.

Leave a simple message.

"Hey Steve, if this is you, I'd appreciate it if you would shoot me an email. Fleet"
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Screeme
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Fleet, I don't think anybody has done any more to keep this board together. All of us say and do the wrong thing sometimes, none of us are perfect. So, give yourself a break. I'll miss Steve, but I'd miss this board more.

Comment

Working...
                X