Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Jatavis Brown out, D'Juan Hines in.

Mebane out. Steven Richardson in.

Geremy Davis and JJ Jones in, Scott picked up by another team.

Team hunting for swing OT to replace Tevi.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • SoDak
      • Technology Director
      • Send PM

I bet Jatavis makes the team, just my guess.

No way Mebane isn't there.

Scott's injury may push him to PS, where maybe he gets poached?

I don't see a future for Tevi, but I could be wrong.

Sturgis is sounding like the kicker.

Be interesting to see who rounds out the DB positions... James, Addae, Phillips are for sure safeties. Williams, Heyward, King are for sure Corners. Be interesting to see what they do with Davis, Mager, etc...

Article on the Ringer that talked about the Chargers as a contender talked about how they played more "Dime" than anyone in the league last year (with Phillips in as basically a linebacker)... be interesting if they think White can fill that type of role, and play more of a nickel? (but seriously, White could be a safety type as well. It's more personnel than the name of the package.
      "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Rugger05
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Jativus makes the team, but needs to get his head out of his ass..........

Richardson makes the team, he was the teams best interior DL this preseason

Scott gets put on IR sadly.

Team only carries 2 TE's and sign Gates after week 1

Mager makes the team as the 4th CB

Jones gets signed to the PS sadly

Strugis is the starting kicker but Aruyo is kept on PS

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Did you see that punt return for JJ last night. Defender had him dead, JJ feinted about 2" to the right and went left. JJ wins. May be only a 2 yard return, but he should have been run over. JJ has that exceptional quickness that is so rare.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

Comment

• Big Dog
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Last second 53 man roster prediction

Who is out of here?

By Matthew Stanley@boltfanindenver Aug 31, 2018, 9:43am PDT

Kelley L Cox-USA TODAY Sports

Chargers

Quarterback - 2 - Philip Rivers, Geno Smith

This has been pretty apparent all offseason. RiversPhilip RiversCardale Jones makes the team keep 3 QBs.

Running back - 3 - Melvin Gordon, Austin Ekeler, Detrez Newsome

Gordon has always been a lock and in my opinion so has Ekeler

Fullback - 1 - Derek Watt

Anthony Manzo-Lewis

Tight End - 3 - Virgil Green, Sean Culkin, Antonio Gates

Green and CulkinAntonio Gates. I expect he will be a Charger again before Tuesday.

Offensive line - 9 - Russell Okung, Dan Feeney, Mike Pouncey, Michael Schofield, Joseph Barksdale, Forrest Lamp, Sam Tevi, Spencer Pulley, Scott Quessenberry

The starting offensive line looked great while they were out there this preseason. With the team bring LampCole Toner had an awful final game last night so Quessenberry being a 5th round pick probably has a slight edge there. Sam TeviLamp

Wide Receiver - 6 - Keenan Allen, Mike Williams, Tyrell Williams, Travis Benjamin, Geremy Davis, Dylan Cantrell (JJ Jones)

The first 3 names there have been locks from the get go. Travis BenjaminDylan Cantrell

Offense total - 24

Defensive Line - 9 - Joey Bosa, Brandon Mebane, Darius Philon, Melvin Ingram, Damion Square, Steven Richardson, Chris Landrum, Issac Rochelle, Justin Jones, Corey Liuget

LiugetMebane and sign Johnathan Hankins. Mebane has not looked very good this preseason and the starting defense did not look very good against the run as a result. Steven Richardson definitely earned a spot and has looked like probably the best interior defensive lineman on the roster and definitely the best against the run. Rochelle has slimmed down and looks good. Landrum blew up last night with a pretty dominant performance against the 49ers

Linebackers - 7 - Denzel Perryman, Uchenna Nwosu, Kyzir White, Kyle Emanuel, Jatavis Brown, , Hayes Pullard

Perryman is the only player who was a lock and actually played like they deserved it. Jatavis Brown and an AWFUL preseason but I think he probably stays with hopes he can bounce back. Kyle Emanuel

Corners - 6 - Casey Hayward, Trevor Williams, Desmond King, Michael Davis, Craig Mager, Brandon Facyson

The first 4 names here are pretty obvious. CB5/6 is SHOULD be a hard choice for the team. Mager was drafted here but has looked like his normal meh self all preseason. UDFA Brandon FacysonJeff Richards warrants a stash on the practice squad, as does UDFA Tony Brown. Both Richards and Brown are very good on ST and against the run, but could use some more time and reps in pass pro to improve there.

Safety - 4 - Derwin James, Jahleel Addae, Adrian Phillips, Rayshawn Jenkins

Defense overall - 26

Special Teams - 3 - K Caleb Sturgis, P Drew Kaser, LS Mike Windt

Windt will be here for probably 9-10 more years at LS. Drew Kaser

Who do you have making it?

More From Bolts From The Blue

Comment

Working...
              X