• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

You would think but when is the last time we beat Miami? And we have been crushing the Raiders for years now. In the last 13-14 years I think they have won maybe 4. Historically we don usually win in KC either. What about the Seattle streak? We finally broke that one. So yes historically has it's merit, but it's not 100% automatic.
    we are doing things this year we haven't done in a long time. Winning close games we usually lose.
    That is my exact point - what happened when McCoy or Norv were our coaches are meaningless as the coaches and virtually all the players but Gates and Rivers are new. We aren't losing the close games so I'm not ready to concede anything to any team in the league. Are we the best team? No, but we are in the top 10 and maybe the top 5. If we get Bosa back healthy and Badgley can make a kick, we'll be a scary team to face for anyone.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

That is my exact point - what happened when McCoy or Norv were our coaches are meaningless as the coaches and virtually all the players but Gates and Rivers are new. We aren't losing the close games so I'm not ready to concede anything to any team in the league. Are we the best team? No, but we are in the top 10 and maybe the top 5. If we get Bosa back healthy and Badgley can make a kick, we'll be a scary team to face for anyone.
      Agree but til we beat the Steelers,Chiefs,Dolphins, Patriots, and start a trend of doing so,....then we have to say historically we have not done will against those teams. Does it matter for when we play them this year? Maybe not but no one will be surprised if we lose and doubt anyone picks us to win and you can't blame them.
      doesn't mean I'm saying we will lose. I'm saying we haven't done well against them and well, we usually lose.
      Do you feel good about us going to KC and winning a game? We have done that only a few times that I remember as a Chargers fan going back to the 70's. So every year I hope for the best, but historically, it ain't good.

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Agree but til we beat the Steelers,Chiefs,Dolphins, Patriots, and start a trend of doing so,....then we have to say historically we have not done will against those teams. Does it matter for when we play them this year? Maybe not but no one will be surprised if we lose and doubt anyone picks us to win and you can't blame them.
        doesn't mean I'm saying we will lose. I'm saying we haven't done well against them and well, we usually lose.
        Do you feel good about us going to KC and winning a game? We have done that only a few times that I remember as a Chargers fan going back to the 70's. So every year I hope for the best, but historically, it ain't good.
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• RTPbolt
          Charger Fan till the end
          • Jun 2013
          • North Carolina
          • Send PM

We ARE a different team as is most of Pitt. Only thing the same is their fans and stadium. If we are 9-2 going in there I think we see quite a few yes votes to us steeling a game (yes...i said it ). To be honest I felt the same about Seattle as they are tough in their house but we really took control most that game. I dont expect Pitt to play likr they did Thursday either...that was near a perfect game and isnt their norm. They have 2 losses and a tie with the Browns too so they have warts too.

it will be a great test and a playoff atmosphere. I think Rivers will be pumped.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Three plays, Chiefs score. Gonna be a long day for AZ.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Three plays, Chiefs score. Gonna be a long day for AZ.
              Probably, but the Cardinals answer with a nice TD drive of their own.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Probably, but the Cardinals answer with a nice TD drive of their own.
                But then for some stupid reason, they try and onside kick and give the Chiefs great field position.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Bears kicker Parkey misses two XPs so far.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Titans dominate the Pats in the first half. Maybe that win over the Titans means more than we thought.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Browns taking it to the Falcons.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Bears kicker Parkey misses two XPs so far.
                          Parkey now two missed FGs and two XPs.

Comment

Working...
                          X