I'll keep saying this until the Bolts finally get what it's going to take to win

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I read that Gates missed two key blocks on the first series that led to the initial 3 and out. And the subsequent, eh, punt.

Gates was never much of a blocker. Why do that?

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• UtahBolt
      UtahBolt commented
      Editing a comment
      I know he missed one for sure, it was pretty obvious, my buddy and I just laughed that he would even try to block at this point. I believe it was the second down run that went nowhere.
  • chris9341
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

They need to get away from running from the shotgun formation. I wish they would get away from always passing in the shotgun formation also. I just wanna see a lot more plays under center with some playaction mixed in, atleast when they are in the redzone.

Comment

• RobH
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Tokyo, Japan
      • University English Lecturer
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chris9341 View Post
      They need to get away from running from the shotgun formation. I wish they would get away from always passing in the shotgun formation also. I just wanna see a lot more plays under center with some playaction mixed in, atleast when they are in the redzone.
      Agreed. The shotgun was never designed to be an every play formation. It limits us so much. I guess the coaches see more than we do, but damn, it sure seems obvious to this casual fan.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
        Fluent in Sarcasm
        • Jun 2013
        • Iowa
        • Man of the People
        • Send PM

Comment

• SDBORN
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

I think the offense will be just fine. Our points weren't just due to garbage time - KC's secondary was getting torched (mostly deep) for a good portion of the game. Protection was good, Rivers had time, and looked a lot smarter - only 1 pick (threw 6 last year combined in both KC games). Had Tyrell and Benji done their jobs and completed those catches, the game would have looked very different in the 4th quarter. We would have been in position to win even with all the other screw ups in the game.

Run blocking was improved overall as well. Our backs are going to be a huge part of the offense this year. We have 2 backs that can catch out of the backfield and run well enough. And that's without Lamp on the field. I would love to see some 2 back sets employed from time to time.

I feel like the biggest problem with the Chargers is that they can never get all 3 phases of the game going simultaneously. You think you've fixed a problem and another rears its ugly head. Last year the defense was #3 in the league. Right now it doesn't look great without Bosa - Bradly needs to find a solution and fast.

ST looks atrocious. I do not trust the ST coach and I do not trust Sturgis to be clutch when needed. I don't think Stewart can get it done.

I feel like the offense is going to be the least of our concerns this year, but I could be wrong. Ultimately Lynn needs to do a better job, hold people accountable on his staff, and heads need to roll soon if things aren't addressed. Stewart should be the first on the chopping block.
          Last edited by SDBORN; 09-11-2018, 10:03 PM.

Comment

• Formula 21
            Formula 21 commented
            Editing a comment
            Agree on everything.
        • Charged4Life
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Send PM

Great post. Totally agree. Glad you mentioned that about the yards and receptions we got when KC was in prevent defense. You're right on everything. Excellent points. Sadly for us.

Comment

• chris9341
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

I wanna explain why I want us to establish the run more mixed in with some playaction passes. To me the most dangerous offense is when you can march down the field on 10 plus minute drive. Then hopefully your defense gets a quick 3 and out and your offense goes on another 10 plus minute drive and scores. Do you know how demoralizing that is to a defense? Then that is when you open it up and you open up the flood gates and you throw some deep passes.

Comment

• LIGHTS OUT
              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
              • Sep 2018
              • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
              Is Dan Bailey still available?
              This!

Mr. Telesco needs to sign Bailey and Hankins. Great talent at two positions of need in my opinion.

Comment

• UtahBolt
                Did we win?
                • Jun 2013
                • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
                • Send PM

Agreed. Often times it seems like our big gains on the ground could be even bigger but MG3 makes a bad read and breaks the wrong way.
                I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• richpjr
                  richpjr commented
                  Editing a comment
                  What’s scary is even with our offense leaving so many plays on the field and turning the ball over once, we still put up 28 points and 540 yards of offense. We don’t do that and we put up 700 yards of offense and 50+ points on them.
              • Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Sadly, until this team proves otherwise, this is our history in general and especially against the Chefs recently.
                My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• 99PROBLEMS
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Chula Vista
                  • OG Raider Hater
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post

Agreed. Often times it seems like our big gains on the ground could be even bigger but MG3 makes a bad read and breaks the wrong way.
                  Stay Salty.

Comment

Working...
                  X