• Show
Clear All
  • La Costa Boy
    Pretty much retired......
    • Sep 2018
    • JoJa
    • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
    • Send PM

Gawd I hope that TB is out and stays out. Activate Davis and start Mike Williams please. We should have 500 yards of offense this week with 2 WR's over 100 each.

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
        Hopefully a better game plan and effort/execution of it.
        Yep. More effort, better execution wins a lot of games. Lets see if the Bolts can pull it off.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
          Outback Goon
          • Sep 2018
          • Australia
          • Send PM

made me LOL thx

I really want to see Chargers defeat the teams they are supposed to defeat. Not just win by a FG, but a blowout. Bills are not on the same level as Chargers and if they dont win this by 2-3 scores then it spells trouble for the rest of the season. We have all seen this team play to their opponents, time to play to the Chargers potential.

Go Bolts

Comment

• Panamamike
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Comment

• Panamamike
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

hostile for sure, but better playing there now than in December. I have seen the bolts play in Buffalo. . That stadium was the first to cut alcohol sales at halftime....for a reason.

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

G-Ro knows.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                  Pretty much retired......
                  • Sep 2018
                  • JoJa
                  • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                  Really pulling for Jimmy. Not this week of course. But i know its been hell for him.

Okay....if that's Jim Kelly then I feel really good about the way I'm looking at 58. Wow is all I can say as I am a lucky man.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Comment

• Rugger05
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

Time for Mike Willliams to get more reps. Does anyone remember if Schoefield played at OT for the Chargers last year? Maybe he can go out to RT when Lamp is ready to return. Seeing four Chargers with DNP after their name at week 2 practice is just so "Chargers"

Comment

• Big Dog
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

made me LOL thx

I really want to see Chargers defeat the teams they are supposed to defeat. Not just win by a FG, but a blowout. Bills are not on the same level as Chargers and if they dont win this by 2-3 scores then it spells trouble for the rest of the season. We have all seen this team play to their opponents, time to play to the Chargers potential.

Go Bolts
                        One thing about when Marty Schottenheimer was our head coach, we never lost to a team with a record that was worse than ours in the regular season, we always beat who we were supposed to beat, now we also never won in the playoffs or beat better teams ... but that is another story ...

Comment

• Chargerville
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Big Dog View Post

One thing about when Marty Schottenheimer was our head coach, we never lost to a team with a record that was worse than ours in the regular season, we always beat who we were supposed to beat, now we also never won in the playoffs or beat better teams ... but that is another story ...
                          I know this is beating a dead horse but;

I think often times when you're a franchise that hasn't had a winning season in 5 years, it can take about 2-3 years (starting with the first year you make the playoffs) to establish yourself as legitimate Super Bowl contenders (and obviously there are exceptions).

The Drew Brees Chargers were 12-4 in 2004, but were only beginning to learn how to win and establish themselves as true contenders. Even though they were 12-4, they went 1-4 against teams with winning records (the Broncos being the only win). They lost to a Jets team in the playoffs that was also the team that gave them their only home loss during the regular season. The Chargers even started the 2002 season off 6-1 but came off of their bye and was crushed at home by the Jets 44-13 (that Jets team was tough on the Chargers).

In 2005, they finished 9-7 due to an absolutely brutal schedule but proved they were on their way up by crushing the Patriots on the road 41-17, defeating the 13-0 Colts on the road 26-17, and nearly beating the Steelers (losing 24-22).

In 2006 (which would have been year three) we had a QB change, Drew Brees went on to absolutely kill it in New Orleans, LT had the best year of his career, and the defense led by Shawne Merriman posted 61 sacks... the Chargers literally controlled the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.

Nothing against Rivers because he played very well that year (but he was still basically a rookie)... but I just feel and always have felt that with Drew Brees that year, the Chargers defeat the Patriots, Colts and Bears to win the Super Bowl. I just feel that, that LT, with that Brees, with that Oline & defense/pass rush... it was the Chargers year.

Schottenheimer seemed to be cursed in the playoffs, but then again, so was Cowher and Dungy and Coughlin... and all three of them broke theirs. I believe it was all climaxing (the three year plan) and the Chargers were meant to win that year.
                          Last edited by Chargerville; 09-13-2018, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X