• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oneinchpunch
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
    I guess Rivers can carry a team to a victory with his 118.8 QB rating with no turnovers in a road playoff win.
    I was a bit concerned after the first half. i was hoping that the story all week wouldnt be how they took the ball out of Rivers' hands
    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
      Grammar Police
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

I see it like this, the rusults good bad and otherwise since Butler took over were enough to get us all HEAVILY, and petsonaly invested. When Norv was hired we all were ready to close the window save a slim few. After Norvs first two years the players had us buying in dispite our Norv hate for me at least. The Norv bleed us and the team dry by not developing and quiting on players. Spanos held up the change to no evale. At this point some capitulation occured. And for some vile retribution and refusal to invest in the future occured for some and reasonble so. Hopefully this leadetship EARNS the trust respect and commitment of all tje Den60's out there.

God knows its to lare for...

Qpucker!!!

Go Rivers!

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
        Grammar Police
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Go Rivers!

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
          Grammar Police
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Hey, TATS!
          Go Rivers!

Comment

• homeless simpson
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Contrast that to the game plan for the Bengals' third-year quarterback, Andy Dalton. Cincinnati, 8-0 at home during the regular season, had hit the 40-point mark four times in a row in this building, and yet Donald Butler and Melvin Ingram both said Sunday there wasn't one surprise, not one tweak to the Bengals' offense.

"They weren't doing anything we didn't practice for," Butler said, in the biggest indictment of all. "It was very vanilla."

One week after the Ravens picked off Dalton four times (and still lost), Ingram picked off a Dalton pass and wouldn't give himself much credit. It was a wholly predicted move after all, he said.

And somewhere in here, somewhere between where the Bengals -- stacked with playmakers and boasting a dominant defense -- were the runaway favorites who turned fatally bland, the Chargers showed they're way more than a team Lady Luck has shined on.
            that sounds a lot like our home playoff games since 04 (except for the 08 playoffs vs Indy)

Comment

• Beerman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Eastlake
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
              Fleet sent me an email today asking how I am and I am fine, just busy. I have taken some time away from football to take care of work and enjoy the holidays and with Aztecs BB in full force I am overextended. But, since Fleet said I needed to admit I was "wrong" I will admit it. Not only were the Chargers not limited to 3 wins (as my prediction) they also went over my best case scenario of 6 wins going with 9. Obviously, I missed those projections. I may, perhaps, be more pessimistic than those on here that are now predicting a SB trophy within the next couple of years (if not this year) but I have had many years seeing this same game played out, all offense and no defense, to realize that it is going to take a lot of luck to win a championship.

Oh, a couple of places where I can say I was right? Mathews (that one is for you, Fleet, we don't win in those games down the stretch without him, eh?). L, Green (for those who felt he was a "reach"). Butler, I tend to think he ends up in Denver next year.

Heading to Utah tomorrow for my annual skiing trip. Not sure if I will catch the Charger's game or not but will be interested in seeing if Rivers can carry a team in a playoff game.

Oh, haven't looked to see what the board "feels" about Mathews currently (I suspect it is positive right now) but I will say if he fumbles in Cincy even if the weather is cold and with freezing rain people on here will want him castrated and run out of town on a rail.
              Probably unfair to pick on Den60 here, but I'm too lazy to lookup the big defense thread. This teams young D core - Reyes, Liuget, Butler, Ingram, Wright, Weddle (kinda young still) is finally starting to gel and play together. It was rough as hell, but addition by subtraction is finally starting to pay dividends. All those young players that saw time this year have stepped it up. You can see the whole team develop every week. Yes we still have some significant holes notably NT and CB2, but the young guys are finally living up to expectations. All these reps have sped up the learning curve to the point that we are actually somewhat respectable now (far cry for where we started).

Over half of the starting unit on defense is a first or second year starter. Amazing really.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                Grammar Police
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

My point was its more coaching, lots of room to improve tallent. Something Den will agree with.
                Go Rivers!

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Something else not seen too recently.... MassGenBolt "sky is falling" rant.

To be honest, after losing to Miami, and then later to Cincy, I didn't think the playoffs were in the cards. The D just wasn't getting it done, and those two losses put the Bolts in a huge corner, with Denver looming. Nothing like beating up on Eli to change that narrative.

Comment

Working...
                  X