• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RTPbolt
    Charger Fan till the end
    • Jun 2013
    • North Carolina
    • Send PM

I agree with Steve. Our short yardage plays were blown by guys missing their blocking assignments. Suddenly a defenders is in your backfield off the edge? Shit....block the guy and give the RB a chance.

Its been years since Rivers had a keeper for short yardage...years. I think with Matthews out and also it seemed Woodhead was pulled it really limited our effectiveness. Ronnie just isnt decisive at all...and seems slow as heck. We better hope Matthews and Woodhead are ok....we need those boys for next week.

It the the weather was a huge factor for how we played that game. We played to NOT turn the ball over at all costs. Cincy didn't and it cost them dearly. We also limited Rivers to 16 passes but 12 completions (75%) and as much as I wanted them to open it up more they weren't really wrong with that approach. It was a close game and 1 turnover by us in the 3rd could have been huge and once the rain started I totally agree with the strategy.

Tough win by the better team. I truly think that's the case. We were the better team. From coaching to the players execution we had composure and are shocking the world with our formula for success. Any team that can be 6-2 against playoff teams deserves some serious consideration, regardless of the first 10 games of the season looking like a big learning curve for this team. We've won the last 5 of 6 games and took out the only team that beat us in that stretch. I attribute a lot to coaching for recognizing what this team does well and what mistakes we made and learning from that the next time we play. I'll never guarantee a win but we have a good formula now for beating good teams.....lets keep it up next week in Denver. Lets hope Denver has the bye week curse.

Comment

• ICE
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
      I am also surprised we don't use a 6th OL in big packages. It doesn't matter that the other team knows we are running it. We need to just execute. I mean for fucks sake you have Troutman on the bench. Bring him in and line him up next to Fluker.
      This! The O has the advantage with the snap count which is always huge in these situations but we fail time and time again to take advantage. I agree with Steve that it seems to be a problem mostly with blocking from the edge wth TE's so why not bring in someone else to get the job done? If the Bolts want to repeat the ball control game plan against Peyton and the Brady/Luck etc they will need ball control and grinding out short yardage. Soooo tired of the shotgun formation on short yardage plays.... we need more POWER!!!
      Last edited by ICE; 01-06-2014, 08:39 AM.
      Some people say the Bolts shouldn't even be in the playoffs....

Comment

• Panama
        パナマ
        • Aug 2013
        • London
        • Opera singer and web developer.
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        We have a very nice spread package...
        Speaking of a very nice spread package...

:salma:
        Adipose

Comment

Working...
        X