Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Comment

• OCBolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

I was at the game, sitting in the middle of a ton of 49er fans. The first quarter was brutal and I wanted to hide in my seat (I had an LT jersey on so everyone knew I was a Charger fan). The only game I attended last year was the KC game which was even more brutal, again sitting among all the KC fans and having them do the chop all around me. So I was happy that the Chargers came out yesterday with a win.

In person, Derwin is even more amazing to watch. Just watch him on every play and he gets after it most times.

Would like to see more Nwosu and less Emmanuel. I think Nwosu might have caught the TE (Kittle) running for the TD, Emmanuel looked pretty slow.

I think we missed Kyzir White more than we thought we would. He might have been able to keep some of those SF RB dump off passes from getting yards.

Great to see Gates getting some throws. He can still help us, and probably helps Green improve too.

Hate so say it, but Benjamin being injured is an addition by subtraction. He should not get starts or reps over Mike Williams. If he is healthy, he is good for one big play every four games or so, otherwise, I don't see the effort. He gives up on routes, drops easy passes, lets interceptions happen right in front of him, etc. Mike Williams, on the other hand, max effort, great hands, big target.

2-2 is better than 0-4, but there is no telling what this team is (contender or pretender).

Comment

• Heatmiser
        BetterToday ThanYesterday
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

When he is rushing, he looks like a DE. It is weird. He is just huge. And he knows how to use his physical gifts as a football player. A lot of great athletes fail because they cannot do that.

TG
        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Gates went from getting triple coverage in the end zone to getting none. Oh what the years will do to you.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by ChillyC50 View Post
            I've been watching this team play every Sunday for years. This team will only go as far as Rivers can take them, it's that simple. Rivers needs to be a top tier QB, he needs to convert on 3rd downs. They were a dismal 4/14, 28% last night. For 4 games in they are ranked #22 with a 36% conversion rate. We are not going to the playoffs with that conversion rate, not going to happen. This offensive unit has talent, I would argue it's just as good as the Rams. What makes them successful and not the Chargers?? Play calling?? Rivers ability to throw under duress or a dirty pocket?? I'd like to hear what others think on this.

ChillyC
            Sure seems on many third and short, they like to throw the ball short and hope the WR or RB can break a tackle and get the first down. I don't like that approach and it hasn't been working a lot of the time. Throw it past the first down marker and you don't have to rely on that.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Sure seems on many third and short, they like to throw the ball short and hope the WR or RB can break a tackle and get the first down. I don't like that approach and it hasn't been working a lot of the time. Throw it past the first down marker and you don't have to rely on that.
              I really don't like how we seem to rely on this, especially since not many of our guys are great open field runners who will make a lot of guys miss.

Comment

• foreigner
                Tom Telesco is gone
                • Sep 2013
                • Send PM

Two things are bothering me about this team: Special Teams and "The Fraud".

The rest I'm fine... fix the special teams and fix the pass rush (meaning do something to replace Bosa) and the victories will come.

Comment

• Chargerville
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post
                  Two things are bothering me about this team: Special Teams and "The Fraud".

The rest I'm fine... fix the special teams and fix the pass rush (meaning do something to replace Bosa) and the victories will come.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                    Gates went from getting triple coverage in the end zone to getting none. Oh what the years will do to you.
                    He got doubled later in the game because of that
                    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                      Pretty much retired......
                      • Sep 2018
                      • JoJa
                      • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post
                      The titans are going to crush us... I laugh at whoever said it was a winnable game...
                      The Raiders and the Browns will do the same if we bring that game that we brought versus San Fran

Comment

• Charged4Life
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                        I believe the OL is so bad that we have been reduced to a get the ball off quick offensive. Hence the 5 yard routes over the middle, and the many runs and short passes to Gordon. Thanks heavens Gordon was running HARD yesterday.
                        I still say the 9ers defense played a key part in that. They don't tackle well. The announcer said that a few times.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

TOP 5 PFF rated Bolts against 9ers....
                          PFF tweeted out the top five graded Chargers from the game. Here's what they had. 5-Derwin James James graded out as a 74.8. James had seven tackles, he hit the quarterback twice, had two pass breakups, and also had a sack. He was active. I saw people questioning why James wasn't higher.
                          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X