• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • charger1993
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

I thought our kicker was the problem, ya know missing xps and field goals. I guess we just needed a new punter............ This is comfusing at the minimum

Comment

• ChargingBolts
      Superbowl?
      • Sep 2018
      • Los Angeles/Chicago
      • Send PM

This preseason I was really big on P Shane Tripucka from Texas A&M ... all preseason he matched Kaser in avg. yards per punt. Keep Donnie until the end of the year, let him retire again and bring back Tripucka next year are my thoughts.

Comment

• KYBoltsFan
        THERE'S A GLEAM, MEN
        Generous Donor
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post
        Anthony Lynn, new coach, same bad coaching.

Is Mike Martz still around? He won a super bowl with a high powered offense when defenses were still allowed to hit players. Imagine what he could do now!
        NO SIGNATURE REQUIRED

Comment

• JayShort21
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

This is LynnsL worst decision to date. Holy crap, they fired the holder when our NFL kicker is struggling to make extra points.

I have never seen this happen before.

I like Lynn but holy crap! The more I think about it, the dumbfounded I am.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1993 View Post
            I thought our kicker was the problem, ya know missing xps and field goals. I guess we just needed a new punter............ This is comfusing at the minimum
            The "reason" is that Kaser as a holder is why all our kickers sucked. That and Lynn was enraged that he took a 3 steps instead of 1 on the blocked punt. Of course, if the ST coach had reminded him when he went out there...

Comment

• Budsman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

But he did win a super bowl with a high powered offense when defenses were still allowed to play football.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Placekicker problem solved.

Phew
                Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• charger1993
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

The "reason" is that Kaser as a holder is why all our kickers sucked. That and Lynn was enraged that he took a 3 steps instead of 1 on the blocked punt. Of course, if the ST coach had reminded him when he went out there...
                  I mean i get that, but our back up qbs can't hold the kick?? I mean nothing against donnie. But letting kaser go while hes young and can improve is kinda short sided

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Rams switch kickers while waiting for Greg Zuerlein's return

Gary KleinContact Reporter
                    The Rams are a Super Bowl favorite, but they recognize their vulnerabilities.

They moved to address one Tuesday by releasing backup kicker Sam Ficken and signing veteran Cairo Santos.

Santos, 26, made 90 of 107 field-goal attempts during three-plus seasons with Kansas City and part of last season with Chicago. He was released by the New York Jets during training camp.

The Rams also worked out former UCLA kicker Kai Forbath, who was cut by Minnesota in August.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Screeme
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

This is such a weird move. I don't get it.. I mean, I get the reasons being put forth, but none of the arguments make much sense to me.

I feel like Telesco has some sort of football magic 8 ball up in his office. What are we going to do today? (Shakes ball). Ahh.. release punter! Awesome!

If Sturgis is suddenly near perfect, and suddenly we cam cover punts, I guess I'll buy it. But I really doubt that's going to be the case.

Comment

• Hard Charger
                        Chargers fan since 1977!
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

I don't understand it and I don't like it either! That being said... I'm gonna say it... This is going to be our turning point. We get better from here on out fellas!

HC

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                          Superbowl?
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Los Angeles/Chicago
                          • Send PM

I actually feel bad and sorry for Kaser, he is unemployed do to doing a decent job, he might never see another NFL field, way to throw away a 6th round draft pick, Sturgis should be unemployed, not the Kaser family

Re-sign Tripucka next year.

Comment

Working...
                          X