• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltx
    Dominate the day
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Are we getting TOO much love this week?

Forget about the Vegas line...there are a lot of articles, twitter posts, analysts that are now making us their sexy, Cinderella pick. Some guy on USA Today even wrote an article about us being a team of destiny.

So much for flying under the radar. I really hope this doesn't get into the players' heads and they start thinking they're better than they are. They need to have that underdog, chip on the shoulder mentality hardcore this week. In fact I hope McCoy is using a Belicheck tactic and just drumming up perceived disrespect in any way he can.

A small part of me almost regrets winning that game in Denver (aside from the obvious getting us into the playoffs implication) because I can almost see it being a bigger motivational factor for the Donks. Plus to win twice in Denver in such a short amount of time is going to be immensely challenging. Even Rivers said that they have to be careful not to be overconfident because of that last win.

Keep the blinders on 'em this week, McCoy.
    ESPN Screename: GoBolts02
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

I think so. I dont like it.

Comment

• QSmokey
      Guardedly Optimistic
      • Jun 2013
      • Kuna, Idaho
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
      Forget about the Vegas line...there are a lot of articles, twitter posts, analysts that are now making us their sexy, Cinderella pick. Some guy on USA Today even wrote an article about us being a team of destiny.

So much for flying under the radar. I really hope this doesn't get into the players' heads and they start thinking they're better than they are. They need to have that underdog, chip on the shoulder mentality hardcore this week. In fact I hope McCoy is using a Belicheck tactic and just drumming up perceived disrespect in any way he can.

A small part of me almost regrets winning that game in Denver (aside from the obvious getting us into the playoffs implication) because I can almost see it being a bigger motivational factor for the Donks. Plus to win twice in Denver in such a short amount of time is going to be immensely challenging. Even Rivers said that they have to be careful not to be overconfident because of that last win.

Keep the blinders on 'em this week, McCoy.
      Bullshit. We suck. Rivers' bollo tie is ridiculous. EVERYONE ON EARTH wants to see Manning vs Luck and then Manning vs Brady. EVERYONE. Doesn't sound like much love to me. We're irrelevant. And don't you forget it. Stop following Twitter.

Comment

• Wheels
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • San Diego
        • Send PM

Just expose the team only to Kisla's twitter feed.

It's understandable why the bolts are becoming the sexy pick. We won last meeting in their house, our head to head scoring is almost identical, we have historically given Peyton fits. Plus, the only other wildcard team left is the 49ers and they are arguably the 2nd best team in their conference. You can't call your shot if you're picking amongst relatively even teams. The only other big upset option is the Saints over the Seahawks.

Comment

• TABF
          Por debajo del promedio
          • Jun 2013
          • SoCal
          • Send PM

There is love out there, but it is by no means knocking down our door. You have to search to find it. Lets hope the players are to busy to "search"

Comment

• Boltx
            Dominate the day
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I think our guys will be pretty focused....they've had to be the last 5 weeks just to survive.

I guess I'm more worried about all this Cinderella talking motivating Denver as opposed to distracting us.

I wish more people were shoveling dirt on us like last week, though.
            ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• KNSD
              Registered Charger Hater
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
              I guess I'm more worried about all this Cinderella talking motivating Denver as opposed to distracting us.
              All the motivation in the world won't get their best defensive player on the field.
              Prediction:
              Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
              Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
              Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• Steve
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • South Carolina
                • Meteorologist
                • Send PM

I like how they seem relaxed. How many times did we seem overly tense, and then went out and ice picked ourselves in the groin? I don't know if this is as good a talent base as we have had, but I don't get the sense that we are going to do something stupid and destroy our chances. Denver might beat us, but i definitely think they are going to have their work cut out for them.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

I don't know that we are getting too much love. More like we are finally getting some respect for making it to the final 8 teams, albeit grudgingly from a lot of people still.

Comment

• UtahBolt
                    Did we win?
                    • Jun 2013
                    • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
                    • Send PM

There was a lot of celebrating in that locker room after the Bengals game (and rightfully so), hopefully they were not satisfied with that win and are able to put it behind them and move on to Denver. I think they will.
                    I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Panama
                      パナマ
                      • Aug 2013
                      • London
                      • Opera singer and web developer.
                      • Send PM

Conspiracy theory! Everyone in the media wants Forehead v. Asshole in the AFCCG, or barring that Manning-Luck. By building us up this week they are hoping to defuse the "Nobody believes in us" factor.
                      Adipose

Comment

• Buck
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

I don't think we were gonna be under Denver's radar in any situation. This is their first playoff game.

The Jets weren't under our radar in 2009.

Comment

Working...
                        X