• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TTK
    EX-Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • America's Finest City
    • Send PM

While the Chargers are getting love and rightfully so, the reasons why put all the pressure on the Broncos and Manning since they had a monumental choke last year against the Ravens.

- #1 seed again and home field advantage. Pressure not to choke that away again, especially against the #6 seed.
    - Peyton 0-2 against the Bolts in the playoffs. And you know it burns him that the Chargers are the team he has to play next, the team that always gives him fits every year.
    - One and done in the playoffs eight times.
    - Pressure for Peyton to win another Super Bowl and the clock is ticking. After all, that's the reason he picked to go to the Broncos.
    - #1 scoring and yardage* offense in the history of the NFL. If they go one and done, with all those records they just broke, what a failure this season is.

Peyton never looks relaxed in the playoffs. Hell, he never looks relaxed in the regular season either. I like the loosy-goosy attitude of the Chargers going into this one.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
      SLAM DUNK!
      • Jun 2013
      • East County San Diego
      • Bolt fanatic
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
      Forget about the Vegas line...there are a lot of articles, twitter posts, analysts that are now making us their sexy, Cinderella pick. Some guy on USA Today even wrote an article about us being a team of destiny.

So much for flying under the radar. I really hope this doesn't get into the players' heads and they start thinking they're better than they are. They need to have that underdog, chip on the shoulder mentality hardcore this week. In fact I hope McCoy is using a Belicheck tactic and just drumming up perceived disrespect in any way he can.

A small part of me almost regrets winning that game in Denver (aside from the obvious getting us into the playoffs implication) because I can almost see it being a bigger motivational factor for the Donks. Plus to win twice in Denver in such a short amount of time is going to be immensely challenging. Even Rivers said that they have to be careful not to be overconfident because of that last win.

Keep the blinders on 'em this week, McCoy.
      Man, I was just having this same feeling. I think my emotions are going to be going all over the place all week but yeah, so much love there is definitely a vibe expecting the Chargers to win I am picking up. Why can't everyone be going on and on about how we have no shot like they normally do hahaha
      migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• thelightningwill
        Go Aztecs and Pads
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

NFL and sexy don't belong in the same message. Let's please erase this cliche.

If you want to see something sexy, watch a Latin American telenovela or just Google Barbara Mori.

If you want to talk football, use man words please.

Some might be making us their badass pick. Or maybe they are picking us like a mother fucker. Or somebody might say the Chargers will kick some ass. But nobody is making us a sexy pick.
        Last edited by thelightningwill; 01-07-2014, 05:37 PM.

Comment

• SDFan
          Woober Goober
          • Jun 2013
          • Dolores, CO
          • Retired
          • Send PM

I'm not.
          Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

The bolo tie is certainly getting too much love.

Comment

• Beerman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Eastlake
              • Send PM

I was mildly shocked right now watching NFLN. They have a poll with all 4 AFC QBs and they ask who they want behind center this weekend. Rivers is leading by 69% and the other 3 with roughly 10% a piece. That's insane that a nation wide poll would have those numbers considering Manning, Brady, and Luck is the competition.

Comment

• thelightningwill
                Go Aztecs and Pads
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
                I was mildly shocked right now watching NFLN. They have a poll with all 4 AFC QBs and they ask who they want behind center this weekend. Rivers is leading by 69% and the other 3 with roughly 10% a piece. That's insane that a nation wide poll would have those numbers considering Manning, Brady, and Luck is the competition.
                I wouldn't have thought that. Maybe Chargers fans and Wolfpack fans are voting a lot? Or maybe we aren't the only group of fans who despise Manning and Brady.

Comment

• Panama
                  パナマ
                  • Aug 2013
                  • London
                  • Opera singer and web developer.
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
                  NFL and sexy don't belong in the same message.
                  "NFL cheerleaders are sexy." Busted! (No pun intended.)
                  Adipose

Comment

• Boltx
                    Dominate the day
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
                    Yeah it's this kind of thing that I wonder if it will motivate the Broncos.
                    ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                      Forget about the Vegas line...there are a lot of articles, twitter posts, analysts that are now making us their sexy, Cinderella pick. Some guy on USA Today even wrote an article about us being a team of destiny.

So much for flying under the radar. I really hope this doesn't get into the players' heads and they start thinking they're better than they are. They need to have that underdog, chip on the shoulder mentality hardcore this week. In fact I hope McCoy is using a Belicheck tactic and just drumming up perceived disrespect in any way he can.

A small part of me almost regrets winning that game in Denver (aside from the obvious getting us into the playoffs implication) because I can almost see it being a bigger motivational factor for the Donks. Plus to win twice in Denver in such a short amount of time is going to be immensely challenging. Even Rivers said that they have to be careful not to be overconfident because of that last win.

Keep the blinders on 'em this week, McCoy.
                      With respect, this seems like a form of superstition. If media gives us too much attention, it means bad things for us. I think our guys know what they are up against.

Comment

• captaind
                        Cook This Pork Chops
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Mars
                        • Ball Holder
                        • Send PM

Are we getting love from our own press?

Comment

• TABF
                          Por debajo del promedio
                          • Jun 2013
                          • SoCal
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
                          With respect, this seems like a form of superstition.
                          ...and? Like we would want it any other way.... Oh wait, it's Tuesday in season, I have to spell weight incorrectly....

Comment

Working...
                          X