• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Explain Brandon Taylor to me

I get that he is coming off some pretty massive knee damage and that he supposedly looked good in camp until he "tweaked" his knee and that set him back. But why did we keep him on the roster for 17 weeks in the regular season and 2 post season games when I don't recall him being active a single time? We had so many other injuries and with how much the coaching staff likes Adai, it didn't seem likely he'd get any playing time. Why not put him on IR and add another player in an area where we had some injuries and needed depth? At worst we could have poached a player from another team to have available for depth next season.
  • Guy Lombardo
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2013
    • Send PM

Yeah, I thought it was a done deal when he had the knee scoped last month. Very strange. Could have used the roster spot for sure.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

So he can practice?

I dont know but safety isnt a concern imo. Addae has looked good and Gilchrist is getting better and then.....there is Taylor who apparently they think something of.

Front seven a much bigger concern.
      Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-12-2014, 07:45 PM.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
        Front seven a much bigger concern.
        I agree that safety wasn't even close to our biggest concern, more just curious as to why we wasted his roster spot for an entire year, especially after he had to have his knee scoped.

Comment

• zoom
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

or have kerwynn williams return kicks. that's his specialty (or was in college).

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
            I agree that safety wasn't even close to our biggest concern, more just curious as to why we wasted his roster spot for an entire year, especially after he had to have his knee scoped.
            True, they could of activated Kerwynn Williams from the PS to return kicks at the very least.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by zoom View Post
              or have kerwynn williams return kicks. that's his specialty (or was in college).
              Wasnt his specialty but he did reurn kicks and did well. He is a Sproles type player and had a great senior year at Utah st. over 1,500 rushing yards, 6.9 YPC, 5 TDs...45 receptions, 697 yards 15.5 YPC and 5 TDs. He only returned 1 kickoff as a senior but was so involved in the offense.

Comment

• zoom
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

he was a great returner until he was a starter. it wouldn't have mattered in today's game, but it seemed like keeping Woodhead and Brown from taking hits during KO's would have been a good idea (with RM so banged up).

Comment

• Beerman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Eastlake
                  • Send PM

Complete non factor going on two years now. Wouldn't expect much from him going forward. Wouldn't be surprised to see him cut actually.

Comment

• homeless simpson
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

we could have used Taylor's roster spot for a big running back.

Comment

• Beerman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Eastlake
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by homeless simpson View Post
                      we could have used Taylor's roster spot for a big running back.
                      I said it prior to the season starting. It was a mistake to activate him from the PUP list. He should of been in the same plan as Ingram. Taylor's was a more complex all tear that included surrounding structures. Expecting him to get back to full speed in 8 months was a pipe dream. We just didn't need to activate him. He could have easily of spent the season on the PUP list and gradually have kept rehabbing.

Comment

• SDFan
                        Woober Goober
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Dolores, CO
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
                        Complete non factor going on two years now. Wouldn't expect much from him going forward. Wouldn't be surprised to see him cut actually.
                        what is it with you wanting to give up on our younger players when they struggle coming back from serious leg injuries? They're not going to cut Taylor or VBrown, even though they don't meet your approved timelines to become impact players. This team always keeps a high drafted player for their whole rookie contract unless they are involved in drugs or have serious off the field crime problems.
                        Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

Working...
                        X