• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I loved Addae since first seeing him in preseason. IMO, if that's the kind of player Telesco is wanting to bring in on D, we're going to be in good shape. He's a hard-nosed grinder. He does a lot of little things that you might not notice unless you are watching closely. He seems to have a penchant for being around the ball. He's a really solid tackler. Likes contact. More please.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
      Predicted 9!!

Not sure why people consider these sour posts. It is what it is. You look at positions that underperformed and can be reasonably upgraded.
      Don't be so defensive. I was talking about the majority of people--myself included--who predicted far fewer. I said 6.

Comment

• SFW
        PB Official Game Thread Starter
        • Jul 2013
        • NY
        • USMC
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
        I loved Addae since first seeing him in preseason. IMO, if that's the kind of player Telesco is wanting to bring in on D, we're going to be in good shape. He's a hard-nosed grinder. He does a lot of little things that you might not notice unless you are watching closely. He seems to have a penchant for being around the ball. He's a really solid tackler. Likes contact. More please.
        The bolded is what I like most about Addae. There are too many Chargers that do not gang tackle or are not aggressive enough. I saw too many times were players didn't join in on a tackle once another player made contact with the offensive player. Even Weddle makes that mistake too often, including yesterday. Watching Seattle's defense was what I want SD to become. I am not talking about the skill, just the 100% give it all/aggression at all times.
        1) Jason Verrett (CB) TCU
        2) Demarcus Lawrence (OLB) Boise St
        3) Will Sutton (DT) Arizona St
        4) Jarvis Landry (WR) LSU
        5) John Urschel (OC) Penn St
        6) Shamar Stephen (DT) UConn
        7) Brock Coyle (ILB) Montana

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by SFWfromESPN View Post
          The bolded is what I like most about Addae. There are too many Chargers that do not gang tackle or are not aggressive enough. I saw too many times were players didn't join in on a tackle once another player made contact with the offensive player. Even Weddle makes that mistake too often, including yesterday. Watching Seattle's defense was what I want SD to become. I am not talking about the skill, just the 100% give it all/aggression at all times.
          This. Very this, baby.

That Julius Thomas 74 yd TD in Game 1 just pissed me off so much. Derek Cox is like "oh, he's gonna step out of bounds" *nudge* "oops." And I'm not picking on Derek Cox. There's a lot of that. Another issue I have with the current defensive staff. I mean, how that doesn't get addressed is beyond me.

Comment

• Panama
            パナマ
            • Aug 2013
            • London
            • Opera singer and web developer.
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
            If I'm blind, so are the coaches. He was demoted out of two WR sets because he wasn't effective. The proof is in the pudding. He doesn't get open. Just watch him off the line, then watch Allen off the line. You can guess which player is consistently effective. If Brown was a tall, physical WR it wouldn't be such an issue. He's not.

His situation and Matthews is completely different. Matthews couldn't stay healthy and when he was healthy he danced behind the line and was ineffective. Now they have him running down hill playing to his strengths.

If you can't get open as a WR, it doesn't matter what scheme we use. You will be ineffective in all of them. Our current scheme emphasizes quick passing with the ball being out in 3-4 seconds.
            He was always able to get open pre-injury. I do have to wonder how much his ankle affects the crispness of his routes. Past performance justifies keeping him at least through training camp, especially considering he is under contract.
            Adipose

Comment

• Steve
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • South Carolina
              • Meteorologist
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
              Im not wanting to argue about Brown. Id keep him because he is cheap but he wasnt much help this year. Ill let him compete next year.

I dont care what he did at SDSU. He isnt at SDSU anymore and Osgood and Tolver did a lot more there than Brown did and they never made it as NFL WRs.
              You don't care what he did, no one does for it's own sake. But in absence of any other better way of doing it, college stats can be used as a predictor of future success. While it is a gross generalization, the most productive college players are often the most productive pro players. Not always, but often.

In the absence of that, you have to watch him play, grade his technique and his athletic ability (NOT his measureables, but his acutal athletic ability). That is pretty tough. As good as the people on this board are, most of us are really not anywhere near as good as the guys who do it for a living, and we bias ourselves by focusing more on the high draft picks, who are the best athletes and most accomplished players, so they tend to be much more successful. The pros have to scout everyone and they make or break their careers on the low and middle round picks.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

From the UT about the 3 most disappointing players of the year:

Brandon Taylor. In a practice mishap within 12 days of Opening Night, a non-roster player’s clumsiness blunted Taylor's comeback from a knee-ligament tear suffered nine months earlier. Taylor, a third-round draftee in '12, was inactive all 18 games despite continuing to practice. In the third exhibition, he was fast and forceful, but the strong-safety snaps went to Marcus Gilchrist and rookie Jahleel Addae.

Comment

Working...
                X