Post season seeding, preferences and chances (merged)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chargerkdb
    Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Hotter than hell, Georgia
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

If he meant def MVP..... 1000:1 is pretty good as he was fairly high on the def mvp candidates. Also depends on when he placed it as the Rams odds to make the SB changed a lot as they made all those offseason trades and signings.
    SuperBowl MVP, odds were preseason

Comment

• chargerkdb
      Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

I dont think 1000 to 1 was high enough.
      Well if you can find somewhere that will give me that now let me know

Comment

• Panamamike
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post

SuperBowl MVP, odds were preseason
        Like that even more.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post

Well if you can find somewhere that will give me that now let me know
          Bosa has zero chance of winning mvp. Its not a good bet at any odds. Unless Bosa comes back and gets 20 sacks to finish the season.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Panamamike
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Bosa has zero chance of winning mvp. Its not a good bet at any odds. Unless Bosa comes back and gets 20 sacks to finish the season.
            If i read his post correctly, the MVP part of his planned parlay bet in the preseason was for Superbowl MVP, not the regular season.

and the odds on a LAC/LAR SB matchup parlayed with Bosa SB MVP would be a helluva lot shorter than 1000:1 right now.
            Last edited by Panamamike; 11-15-2018, 12:40 AM.

Comment

• chargerkdb
              Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Comment

• chargerkdb
                Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

If i read his post correctly, the MVP part of his planned parlay bet in the preseason was for Superbowl MVP, not the regular season.

and the odds on a LAC/LAR SB matchup parlayed with Bosa SB MVP would be a helluva lot shorter than 1000:1 right now.
                Last edited by chargerkdb; 11-16-2018, 09:13 AM.

Comment

• Boltx
                  Dominate the day
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Hopefully we beat AZ. Pitt and KC are losses. We probably split with Cincy and Baltimore. Which puts us at 9-6 heading into Denver probably needing a win to get in. Anyone's guess at that point. That's why today's loss was so brutal.

If it comes down to needing a win in the final game of the year, on the road in Denver, not sure if I trust them to pull it out.
                  ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Iowachargers
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Dow City, Iowa
                    • Send PM

I'm not talking about playoffs until there is something denoting that the Chargers had made the playoffs. Everyone needs to follow suit.

Comment

• Boltx
                      Dominate the day
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Don't get me wrong - these current Chargers have PROVED they can play with anybody.

But they sort of remind me of the 2009 Chargers with an offense that takes chunks downfield (better running game this year, as 2009 was twilight LT), but also kind of a weak defense up the middle with all the injuries to our DL/LBs. I know statistically our defense is ranked in the top 10 but I think we are flawed and can be exposed up the middle if a team comes in with the mindset to run all day on us.

I kind of worry how they would match up with a team that tries to muck up the game and play an ugly, physical style similar to what happened to us in 2009 against the Jets. How would we fare against the likes of the Ravens, Titans, Texans, or even Colts (I actually don't know what the Colts' D is ranked).

This is why I wonder if it's better for us to be a wild card so we most likely avoid those teams - I think we actually match up WAY better with the "elites" like Steelers, Chiefs, Pats. I'd be happy to get into a shootout with those teams and then bank on Bosa or Derwin making a clutch play down the stretch. I've been watching the Ravens quite a bit the last few weeks and their defense is TOUGH, they can run the ball, and Jackson makes enough plays with his feet to drive you crazy. I'd feel way better if we had Liuget, Mebane and Perryman ready to go.

I ultimately think that's where we will be vulnerable - against a tough team willing to ugly up the game. I really do get 2009 vibes from this team in some ways. One thing for sure, however, is that our coaching is way better and hopefully we don't have an axe wound for a kicker.

Make me feel better please, LOL. I really want Rivers/Gates to get it this year. Might be the best/last shot we get.

Comment

• attila
                        attila commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Seems like a loss will pretty much eliminate Baltimore. Steelers should beat CIN the last game and TEN and INDY host nfc east trash and then play each other. 1 of them should win both. Baltimore has to win both in that case. This game should be a good test for both offenses. Lamar Jackson has only faced bottom 10 defenses in his 5 starts (cin, oak, tb, atl, KC). Will be the best defense the Chargers face. They have a good secondary and Keenan likely is out. I don't think they will be able to pressure Rivers as well as KC did though.

• KYBoltsFan
                        KYBoltsFan commented
                        Editing a comment
                        They don't remind me of the '09 team too much...that team benefitted from a still terrible AFCW and got a gaudy record off that. Classic 'paper tiger'. Plus, Norv. That alone is a net loss

• Boltx
                        Boltx commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yeah, this is exactly what I was talking about - EXPOSED.

This game was like an exact replay of the 2009 Jets playoff game.

OL has looked really bad the last few weeks too.

I'm ok being on the road but to face Baltimore or Houston would be game over.
                    • Stinky Wizzleteats+
                      Grammar Police
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                      Hopefully we beat AZ. Pitt and KC are losses. We probably split with Cincy and Baltimore. Which puts us at 9-6 heading into Denver probably needing a win to get in. Anyone's guess at that point. That's why today's loss was so brutal.

If it comes down to needing a win in the final game of the year, on the road in Denver, not sure if I trust them to pull it out.
                      This didn't age well! Thank goodness!
                      Go Rivers!

Comment

• Boltx
                        Dominate the day
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post

This didn't age well! Thank goodness!
                        Lol true.

Comment