Post season seeding, preferences and chances (merged)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltimore
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Naples, FL
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Preference is 1 seed, I'll settle for a 5 seed though.

Comment

• Boltx
      Dominate the day
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

I bet Baltimore wins their division and we face them in the first round and they throttle us again.

This was an absolute ass kicking.

Oh well, the KC game was our Super Bowl. I wish we would stop running into these grindy teams late in the year. We're too finesse up front to hang.

I'm not even mad being a WC team. I'm upset that this was a really good litmus test for us heading into the playoffs and we failed miserably. Now we either have to beat Pittsburgh in their house twice in like 6 weeks (daunting), or try to beat a Baltimore team that stole our lunch money tonight (even more daunting).

Last edited by Boltx; 12-22-2018, 09:34 PM.
      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Attack
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2017
        • Send PM

Playing at Pitt or at Balt in Jan, in what will probably be very cold temps, will be a huge challenge. If this warm weather team can win at either of those places, that will really show me something.

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Mod note... I merged a few threads that dealt with preferences and the Chargers chances in the playoffs. Just wanted to have both sides represented here, than positive and negative in different threads, for discussion.

Comment

• Boltx
            Dominate the day
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I think the obvious preference should be for Pittsburgh...they seem to be faltering a bit down the stretch and even though it will be so hard to beat them twice in such a short time span, they don't have the kind of running game that could gash us. And I think we can get some mistakes out of Big Ben.

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Rather a rematch against the Ravens.

Comment

• Charged4Life
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                Rather a rematch against the Ravens.
                Me too.

Comment

• UtahBolt
                  Did we win?
                  • Jun 2013
                  • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
                  • Send PM

I would rather the Ravens as well. I think the coaching staff will figure out a way to attack that defense and I would much rather face a rookie QB in the playoffs than Big Ben at home. Granted I know Baltimore pretty much beat us up up-front last night, I think with a whole game's worth of film to analyze, I don't see it happening twice.
                  I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Boltx
                    Dominate the day
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post
                    I would rather the Ravens as well. I think the coaching staff will figure out a way to attack that defense and I would much rather face a rookie QB in the playoffs than Big Ben at home. Granted I know Baltimore pretty much beat us up up-front last night, I think with a whole game's worth of film to analyze, I don't see it happening twice.
                    This is a good point, especially considering the law of averages. It's hard to beat a team twice in a month.

I want to know why both our OL/DL have decided to disappear lately? Seems like Bosa is playing hurt and Ingram might just be gassed from carrying the load early on. Our OL struggles the past month are the most worrisome.

Comment

• chargers_22
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

This is a good point, especially considering the law of averages. It's hard to beat a team twice in a month.

I want to know why both our OL/DL have decided to disappear lately? Seems like Bosa is playing hurt and Ingram might just be gassed from carrying the load early on. Our OL struggles the past month are the most worrisome.
                      Agree 100%, I think this may be a more winnable game and no doubt beating a team twice is very hard. With that being said would not mind Balt going into KC in the Divisional round and knocking off KC while the Chargers get to play Houston or NE and we end up hosting them for the rematch to to to the SuperBowl

I guess in this scenario we would have to beta Pitt twice! Doh!
                      Last edited by chargers_22; 12-23-2018, 10:33 AM.

Comment

• Boltx
                        Dominate the day
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Now that I've slept on it a bit, I'm warming up to the idea of a rematch with the Ravens.

I simply want to beat them.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Player in Steelers again is my worst case scenario. Give me anybody else.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X