• Send PM

migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• foreigner
      Tom Telesco is gone
      • Sep 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
      It was just a strange sequence of events. From the botched handoff to Rivers throwing it into the ground.

Then again, nobody ever accused Rivers of being clutch. Remember the botched snap against KC on MNF a few years ago? He makes a lot of odd plays late in pressure games. I've said this for several years - he's a great QB but stuff like this is why he'll never win a ring. A lot of guys just don't have it. It's a shame because his overall body of work is really impressive, but little things like this hold him back, always have.

I think I pretty much described the Chargers organizational history in a nutshell, too. Rivers is the perfect QB for this franchise. Great, but just flawed enough when it matters the most.
      Everything starts and ends with ownership that's the only explanation I can find for the historical performance of this organization..

Also If I were the owner I wouldnt mess a lot with the team on a day to day but I would still pull the strings and do something about Special Teams. If we fix this phase everything will come automatically our way..... come Deano.. grow some balls. Learn something from Dad...
      Last edited by foreigner; 11-20-2018, 09:06 AM.

Comment

• foreigner
        Tom Telesco is gone
        • Sep 2013
        • Send PM

While I agree.... everything has the same result: a huge fuck up from our side.

Comment

• RollingThunder
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
          Remember the botched snap against KC on MNF a few years ago?

This is exactly what I thought of. You'd think he'd learn his lesson.

Comment

• Boltx
            Dominate the day
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I think even at his age he just gets wound up too tight. He loves the game, I'll give him that, but I think it works against him a lot of the time. I don't know how a 15 year vet makes some of the mistakes he makes at times.
            ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

Working...
            X