• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oneinchpunch
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
    Makes no sense if you dont read what you post.

Cox's release would save $4.25 million in cash and up to $4.25 million against the 2014 cap while creating $3.9 million in total dead money.

The team could release Cox with a post-June 1 designation, pushing $2.6 million of the $3.9 million cap hit into 2015.

So, they could cut him lose before March 13th or if TT wants to see what he does in his second season like he has indicated, then there is that option there highlighted. They arent going to keep a guy on the roster if he is useless and giving you a big cap hit. Did you learn nothing from the Meachem debicle?
    You said he'd be back till at least June 1st.

That's much different than using the June 1st designation.

They'd still have to release home by March 13 to do what is described.
    Last edited by oneinchpunch; 01-20-2014, 08:05 PM.
    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• QSmokey
      Guardedly Optimistic
      • Jun 2013
      • Kuna, Idaho
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
      Restructure Clary and bring back Rhinehart and Ohrnberger. Draft a OT that can play OG. Have him compete for one of the starting OG spots. Can move to OT if we lose one. DX comes back and Floyd retires. Draft a WR and RB. Brown needs to be upgraded. Not sure we keep CBJ with Sorenson waiting.

Resign Butler and keep the D together with JJ and Freeney. Cut Cox and sign a starting CB. Marshall comes back for depth. Rather have Lissemore backing up at Nose. Sign a starting caliber NT

Draft an OLB/DE/DB

Keep the STs players.
      You know, this might just be the first off-season - ever - when many of us are in agreement about what we should - and shouldn't - do this offseason.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
        You said he'd be back till at least June 1st.

That's much different than using the June 1st designation.

They'd still have to release home by March 13 to do what is described.
        Correct. He'll be here til at least June 1st...which is what i said, then AFTER that he could be gone...which is what i said.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
          He needs to be gone by March 13 when his contract becomes guaranteed. The post June 1st designation allows them to split his cap hit over two seasons. We will have a resolution on March 13.
          Id prefer they let him go by March 13th but im just saying if they want to see how he improves, then they will have to wait til after June 1st.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Correct. He'll be here til at least June 1st...which is what i said, then AFTER that he could be gone...which is what i said.
            But that makes no sense. Why pay him $4.25mil guaranteed more and 8.15mil just to see if he gets better in 2 and a half months?

You really think its worth 4.25 million more guaranteed money to see if he improves in that short amount of time?
            Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• QSmokey
              Guardedly Optimistic
              • Jun 2013
              • Kuna, Idaho
              • Retired
              • Send PM

No...Boltjolt...he will NOT be here until June 1st...UNLESS the Chargers have plans to keep him around. If they don't (and I hope they don't), then they will let him go before March 13th.

Cox is due a $4.25 million base salary that becomes fully guaranteed on March 13, the third day of the league year, if on the roster at that time with his current contract structure.

Very next paragraph:

The team could release Cox with a post-June 1 designation, pushing $2.6 million of the $3.9 million cap hit into 2015.

So, the way I'm reading that, they MUST release him by March 13th, but they have the option of DESIGNATING that move as "post June-1st". I believe that's what we did with Meachump (or Gaither...or both).
              Last edited by QSmokey; 01-20-2014, 08:57 PM.

Comment

• blahblahblah
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2013
                • Send PM

No.

A June 1st designation can happen before June 1 as per the current CBA. It is no longer a meaningful date. It may as be called a "deferred hit designation" or something, but by tradition it keeps the June 1st name.

The only meaningful date in regards to Cox is March 13.

The June 1 date was removed to give players more time to catch on with teams.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

But that makes no sense. Why pay him $4.25mil guaranteed more and 8.15mil just to see if he gets better in 2 and a half months?

You really think its worth 4.25 million more guaranteed money to see if he improves in that short amount of time?
                  I dont. And im not the one who made the statement that sometimes FA's take time to adjust. Telesco did. Id cut him March 11th. Im just saying if what he said is true and what he really thinks, those are his options with Deans money.
                  Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-20-2014, 09:10 PM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
                    No...Boltjolt...he will NOT be here until June 1st...UNLESS the Chargers have plans to keep him around. If they don't (and I hope they don't), then they will let him go before March 13th.

Cox is due a $4.25 million base salary that becomes fully guaranteed on March 13, the third day of the league year, if on the roster at that time with his current contract structure.

Very next paragraph:

So, the way I'm reading that, they MUST release him by March 13th, but they have the option of DESIGNATING that move as "post June-1st". I believe that's what we did with Meachump (or Gaither...or both).
                    Which is what ive meant all along. Those are TT's options if he wants to see if he can adjust which...dont know how he will see that unless he is counting some OTAs. I would just cut him.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

I dont. But im not the one who made the statement that sometimes FA's take time to adjust. Telesco did. Id cut him March 11th. Im just saying if what he said is true and what he really thinks, those are his options with Deans money.
                      He'll be back...til at least June 1st. After that, there are no guarantees if he doesnt look better. If he sucks in pratice and in preseason, he could be cut.
                      Thats sounds like a statement from you.

Tommy T never made such a statement that he'll be back at least until June 1st, you did.

Itd be silly to hold onto him just to cut him June 1st. Tommy T never even hinted thatd be the case

Plus the part that you bolded doesn't even match what you are now claiming
                      Last edited by oneinchpunch; 01-20-2014, 09:57 PM.
                      Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Thats sounds like a statement from you.

Tommy T never made such a statement that he'll be back at least until June 1st, you did.

Itd be silly to hold onto him just to cut him June 1st. Tommy T never even hinted thatd be the case

Plus the part that you bolded doesn't even match what you are now claiming

Geesus dude. What the hell is so hard to understand? Where the hell did i ever say that Telesco said that? All i said was if thats what he wants to do, he has only one option to "work with him".

In your article he made his statements. It is MY OPINION that he may keep him around til June 1st IF he wants to see what he said about free agents in the article YOU posted. Did you even read it?
                        Its just my opinion because it sounds like he isnt just going to cut him and he isnt going to se progress by March 13th since it is the offseason with nothing going on til OTAs.
                        Once again, i hope he just cuts him which translate to....i hope he just cuts him.

“Sometimes you sign free agents and they flourish right away. Sometimes, it takes time,” Telesco said. “I think Derek would be the first to tell you he didn't reach his standard of play this year. We didn't get the intended results from him this year, but I can tell you one thing: his focus never waned and his work ethic never stopped. "There are no absolutes but sometimes guys need some time. That's why free agency is so hard. (When) you take someone out of one environment and put them into another, not all the time are they going to flourish right away, so we will continue to work with him. This isn't the first time we have ever seen a free agent go from one team to another and have some bumps in the road right off the bat."

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

The team could release Cox with a post-June 1 designation, pushing $2.6 million of the $3.9 million cap hit into 2015.[/I]
                          Not true based on your opinion

He'll be back...til at least June 1st. After that, there are no guarantees
                          Actually there are 4.25 more guarantees
                          Last edited by oneinchpunch; 01-20-2014, 10:39 PM.
                          Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

Working...
                          X