• Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
    Not true based on your opinion

Actually there are 4.25 more guarantees
    Listen ,its really not even my opinion....the implication of that is in the very article you posted. Go read again it if you dont understand.
    If Telesco says they will work with him, how are they going to do that between now and March 13th? OTAs will start i think in May. Once again , i hope they cut him but TT says they want to work with him. Who pays for that isnt up to me or you so it dont make sense but that is what was said.

Go argue with the writer about what Telesco meant because once again, i hope they cut him.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Very simple.

You argued against what the writer posted.
      Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Very simple.

You argued against what the writer posted.
        No i was just saying what he posted could be possible. What you choose to see, i dont give a shit and ive already wasted too much time replying to you. I try not to do that.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
          No i was just saying what he posted could be possible. What you choose to see, i dont give a shit.
          But it goes against keeping home until June 1st.

The writer is talking about cutting him March 13tg
          Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Beerman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Eastlake
            • Send PM

There's no debate here. Either he's cut by March 13th or he's here for the year. If they cut him after March 13th it's just terrible management and would be a big red flag.

To me it seemed like they already accepted defeat by benching him this season after giving him so many opportunities.

I don't see how you keep a guy for 4.5 million that you don't trust. He was literally the last guy on the bench for the secondary. Not sure how that changes with the same coaching staff/scheme.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
              There's no debate here. Either he's cut by March 13th or he's here for the year. If they cut him after March 13th it's just terrible management and would be a big red flag.

To me it seemed like they already accepted defeat by benching him this season after giving him so many opportunities.

I don't see how you keep a guy for 4.5 million that you don't trust. He was literally the last guy on the bench for the secondary. Not sure how that changes with the same coaching staff/scheme.
              Totally agree. I just pointed out that Telesco said they still wanted to work with him(among other things and im surprisd to hear he wants to still work with him) and the writer added the team could release Cox with a post-June 1 designation and posted the numbers doing such,...which maybe they will, who knows but OIP just likes to argue trivial things.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

the writer added the team could release Cox with a post-June 1 designation and posted the numbers doing such,...which maybe they will, who knows but OIP just likes to argue trivial things.
                A June 1st designation but they wouldn't keep him till June 1st like you suggested. They'd still cut him March 13th
                Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

A June 1st designation but they wouldn't keep him till June 1st like you suggested. They'd still cut him March 13th
                  Then i guess my mistake is not knowing exactly how that designation works. Id think he would be a part of the team til up to June 1st and then after that, he would get released. How exactly does that work?

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Then i guess my mistake is not knowing exactly how that designation works. Id think he would be a part of the team til up to June 1st and then after that, he would get released. How exactly does that work?
                    They'd have to pay him a guaranteed 4.25mil more just to hold him until June 1st. They are not going to do that. He'd stay on the team if they pay him that much more.

What the writer was suggesting was cutting him March 13. And either taking the whole hit of his signing bonus or cut him March 13 and designate him June 1st. Either way cutting him before his base salary is guaranteed
                    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

They'd have to pay him a guaranteed 4.25mil more just to hold him until June 1st. They are not going to do that. He'd stay on the team if they pay him that much more.

What the writer was suggesting was cutting him March 13. And either taking the whole hit of his signing bonus or cut him March 13 and designate him June 1st. Either way cutting him before his base salary is guaranteed
                      Oh i see where my confusion is. Its the dead money. I was confusing that with the 4.25 mil when it is the 3.9 dead money that gets split up with the june 1st designation.

Still cant see why TT would say they want to work with him when it looks like the only real sensible recourse is to release him.

Comment

• QSmokey
                        Guardedly Optimistic
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kuna, Idaho
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Still cant see why TT would say they want to work with him when it looks like the only real sensible recourse is to release him.
                        GM Speak. Never let them know what you're REALLY thinking.

Comment

• Steve
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • South Carolina
                          • Meteorologist
                          • Send PM

It's easy to understand. They know that Cox has been a good player before. They have ego's that are telling them that if they do this or that, things will fall into place, he will turn into the CB that they felt like he could be. And if they don't really need the cap space, they can afford to stick with this sort of thing.

To a point, I agree with them. Cox has the physical ability, was a good player and has the work ethic to be successful. But it is pretty rare that a player who is as good as Cox gets his confidence shaken as badly as he did and is able to return to his level of play. It may happen, but I can't see it being likely. If it's going to happen, you have to wonder if it can happen to us, or if he has to be allowed to go somewhere else.

Comment

Working...
                          X