Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post

Not even. Had the Chargers stayed in SD and built a new stadium, they qualified for G4 loans by meeting the existing criteria. The NFL didn't want Kroenke to go to LA, but he said Fuck it, I'm going, try to stop me like Al Davis did (and the NFL lost in court). NFL didn't want EITHER the Raiders or Rams back in LA- so teams could keep using the Extortion Bitch threat of "moving to LA" to get new publicly funded stadiums in their existing homes. They NFL came right out and said they wanted all teams to remain in their existing home, but Kroenke was going no matter what. The extra $100 Mil for both Chargers and Raiders was basically a bribe to try to get them to stay put. When negotiations got going in SD for the downtown stadium the NFL made it known there was even more available and it turned their total into a final offered contribution of $350 Mil from G4 and other funds if Spanos and SD came up with the rest for that $1.1 or later $1.6 Bil? stadium.

Again, I got no dog in fight. It just looks to me like some false information out there and I posted what I found on the G4 program. I can't find anywhere that the NFL bylaws got amended to fund loans for teams that relocate like some writers have published. Maybe somebody else can find it if it happened and post it here for all to see?
    The NFL is not public why would any loan document ever be in the public domain?

Answer the question though. If the limit is $200,000,00.00 how could the Chargers get $350,000,000.00 to stay in SD?
    Since this is a fact, why would it be any different to make an adjustment in LA?
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• SDFan
      Woober Goober
      • Jun 2013
      • Dolores, CO
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

The NFL is not public why would any loan document ever be in the public domain?

Answer the question though. If the limit is $200,000,00.00 how could the Chargers get $350,000,000.00 to stay in SD?
      Since this is a fact, why would it be any different to make an adjustment in LA?
      1 is a loan program, and 1 is the Bylaws. I'd assume it is much easier to adjust financial terms of your loan program on a case-by-case basis than change your bylaws.
      Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Heatmiser
        HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

In the words of Ferris Beuhler....Are you guys still here? Why? Go home.

TG
        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

Working...
        X