• Show
Clear All
  • Steve
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • South Carolina
    • Meteorologist
    • Send PM

the most telling stat to me the turnover ratio. We were minus 4, which is 21st overall. Not horrible So many teams are bunched in the middle (ranking is not the best way to think of it), but room for improvement.

However, look at it closely. We were 12th in terms of the # of turnovers we gave up, but take out the V. Brown "stop running the wrong routes when Rivers reads post....." we would have been #2 overall in the NFL. So we could have been better, but not a huge room for improvement (if Brown starts to read post on route adjustments).

But we were 30th in terms of takeaways. So, our overall ratio will be fantastic, if we can just get some turnovers (and get Brown to run the right routes). Add in that we got a lot of those turnovers late in the season, I think we can see where the team can make great strides in terms of winning the division next year.

Comment

• maurile
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by KNSD View Post
      Every time a team dominates something, everybody runs to the forums saying that "This is the way the NFL is nowadays and we mimic it!"
      Yes, which seems a bit odd. The Seahawks didn't get good by copying anybody else. Neither did the previous Super Bowl winners. They got good by having good players and executing well. They got good by outcoaching and outplaying their opponents.

There isn't any particular blueprint that needs to be followed like "get a scrambling quarterback" or "blitz a lot" or anything like that. Any style of play can work if you have the personnel for it and can get the players to perform well.

The Chargers need to start kicking ass in their own way, not in the Seahawks' way. Just like it would have been silly for the Seahawks to try to copy Joe Flacco and company from the year before.

Comment

Working...
      X