• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Budsman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

I thought most of the holds were legit. I don't remember any of them being particularly outrageous. Yes, I know, you can call holding on every play, etc etc etc. To me it was more of a sign of how badly our OL was getting pushed around and they were getting tired/desperate and trying to do anything to save Rivers from getting his shit pushed in.

Honestly I'm not sure why people aren't talking about this more...our OL has looked really bad the past month.
    I honestly think you think the Chargers are bad and it just jades your view of them. I think they are very very good and see them that way. I dont think those holds were legit and you darn well know that they could have called many of those holds on Baltimore and didnt. Dont get me started on the obvious non calls on their D because you add the refs holding their flags for the Ravens on O and D and well the game changes in a very big way. Hopefully once we get to the Dance the refs wont have the same agenda they had this time. Money and perception are a big deal in the NFL and the last thing the NFL wants is an image of a half full tiny playoff stadium for the NFL haters to grab onto. Motive and evidence, guilty.

Comment

• Boltx
      Dominate the day
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Blue Thunder View Post
      If we want to have any kind of success against the Ravens in the playoffs, we have got to figure out how to at least slow down their front seven. Our OL was completely outmatched all night tonight.

Sure, the ill-timed penalties were extremely destructive, putting us in 2nd (and 3rd) and long situations. But if you're going to run any pass plays that take time to develop, you've got to be able to (legally) slow down the pass rush. And we did not. All night.
      This is what I've been trying to say. And it's not just this game. OL has regressed badly recently. Why do you think holds get called most of the time? It's because your man beat you badly and you're trying desperately to recover. Our OL was on ice skates all game. Awful.
      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Budsman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Blue Thunder View Post
        If we want to have any kind of success against the Ravens in the playoffs, we have got to figure out how to at least slow down their front seven. Our OL was completely outmatched all night tonight.

Sure, the ill-timed penalties were extremely destructive, putting us in 2nd (and 3rd) and long situations. But if you're going to run any pass plays that take time to develop, you've got to be able to (legally) slow down the pass rush. And we did not. All night.
        Its easy to rush the passer when the refs put you in obvious passing situations. Many of those sacks came when we were put into situations that the ravens could bring the house. Sure the OL wasnt great this game but they were behind the 8 ball all night situationaly.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I thought we matched up really well, they are a very good team but they never seemed to stop us, we or the refs did. And their O struggled to get points even with all the opportunities the refs gave them. If their O only scores 16 in a fairly-called rematch, watch out.

Comment

• Boltx
            Dominate the day
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

I honestly think you think the Chargers are bad and it just jades your view of them. I think they are very very good and see them that way. I dont think those holds were legit and you darn well know that they could have called many of those holds on Baltimore and didnt. Dont get me started on the obvious non calls on their D because you add the refs holding their flags for the Ravens on O and D and well the game changes in a very big way. Hopefully once we get to the Dance the refs wont have the same agenda they had this time. Money and perception are a big deal in the NFL and the last thing the NFL wants is an image of a half full tiny playoff stadium for the NFL haters to grab onto. Motive and evidence, guilty.
            I'm not going to get into conspiracy theories.

I don't think the Chargers are bad. But I also don't think they are "very very good" either. We have some serious flaws and the Ravens are the kind of team to expose them.

It's all about matchups. You said it yourself - there is no ultra dominant team in the AFC.
            ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Chargerville
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

Every team in the playoffs should be worried. there is no dominant team right now, they all have their weaknesses. I still like our chances even at the 5 seed. We have no homefield advantage (As seen tonight, no homecooking and loud Ravens fans). If there is a team with the experience and confidence to go on the road and win 4 games in a row its this one.

Comment

• Budsman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

This is what I've been trying to say. And it's not just this game. OL has regressed badly recently. Why do you think holds get called most of the time? It's because your man beat you badly and you're trying desperately to recover. Our OL was on ice skates all game. Awful.
                The Okung hold on the Gordon 8 yard run before the gates fumble led to the Gates fumble. Watch the replay the hold was freaking ridiculous, he didn't extend his arm around him it was something that meets the book standard for a hold but happens all the time and is allowed in the NFL. Oh 2nd and 20 gates pushes the play to get as many yards as he can, fumble... Yep refs didnt cause that at all. Situations matter.

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Man, I still like this team in the post season, very balanced and big play ability everywhere. Holding a playoff O - which Baltimore definitely is - to 3 FGs on 4 scoring drives is how to win in the playoffs.

Now if we can just get this O rolling...maybe the refs could help with that? Take away just one bad call tonight, just one, we win.
                  Last edited by blueman; 12-22-2018, 10:03 PM.

Comment

• Budsman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

I'm not going to get into conspiracy theories.

I don't think the Chargers are bad. But I also don't think they are "very very good" either. We have some serious flaws and the Ravens are the kind of team to expose them.

It's all about matchups. You said it yourself - there is no ultra dominant team in the AFC.
                    Its not a theory, it was in front of your eyes but you are too jaded to see it. Its cool man, you do you.

Comment

• Budsman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                      Man, I still like this team in the post season, very balanced and big play ability everywhere. Holding a playoff O - which Baltimore definitely is - to 3 FGs on 4 scoring drives is how to win in the playoffs.

Now if we can just get this O rolling...maybe the refs could help with that?
                      In the playoffs I think the reffing will get balanced out and I'm with you. I saw some really good things too.

Comment

• attila
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2014
                        • Send PM

Bye week next week. Do you have to show up? Can you just forfeit?

Comment

• CTrout
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Calls or no calls this offense did basically nothing. The defense did a good enough job, outside of Addae....can't cover, can't tackle and constantly takes terrible angles.

Imo we were just outplayed but still had a chance to win it. It sucks we didn't but I'm not overly upset.

Comment

Working...
                          X