Clear All
  • SDFan
    Woober Goober
    • Jun 2013
    • Dolores, CO
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1993 View Post

But you have to notice it. In evey ither sport fans can look at a game and be like man the lakers sucked tonight, they didnt get back on defense, took bad shits etc. But when we watch football we act like players are perfect and its only the coaches and refs. All i want is people to start being honest. Our oline has let our offense down all season. And our dline is soft as marshmallow up the gut. Bosa and ingram seem off also. But bosa is coming off of being injured. Addae is just terrible. We have no consistency out of our linebackers, either brown and emmanuel are missing tackles or derwin james saves them with a last second tackle. Its a theme
    there are NO bad shits.
    Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Boltx
      Dominate the day
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

This game really shook me to my core and confirmed my worst fears about this team heading into the playoffs - still weak in the trenches.

I would hardly call giving up 160 yards on the ground (most of that in the first half, granted) and a blown coverage TD as "good defense." That's not going to win a playoff game, fellas. There needs to be 60 min of consistent defense played in the playoffs to be a tough team on the road. I continue to be amazed at the complete nonchalant attitude towards both issues.

As far as the Gates turnover, there's no guarantee we go down there and score. That's still the #1 defense werew talking about.

All of the above is a moot point given how bad our OL has been playing the past month.
      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Boltx
        Dominate the day
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

How much do you guys think the sloppy, shitty field contributed? Our guys seemed slower than usual.

The one silver lining I'll take from this is that if we had gotten a bye, this is probably exactly the kind of egg we would have laid at "home" in the divisional round.

So maybe we got it out of the way?

I don't think I can handle seeing Weddles smug face if they beat us again. So much fucking egg on our face from former players, I can't take it anymore.

Comment

• madcaplaughs
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
          Potentially game-winning drive stalled on a bogus holding call. Ravens had drives extended with our DL getting mugged, saw two Ravens riding somebody (Bosa?) to the ground right in front of Jackson, no call.

If Brady was horse-collared and had his head bounced off the ground, flags out, no question.
          Thing is, River's doesn't have the respect of the refs because he's mouthy with them. If I were Lynn, I'd have Rivers and Allen running bleachers until they understand that they are not the coach. We've had a lot of calls in our favor this year. Usually calls even out over the course of the game. You don't do yourself any favors with jawing with the refs.

Comment

• Budsman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

You'll likely get it. I'm not nearly as confident about a rematch as you are. It's one thing to lose. It's completely different to get curb stomped in the trenches.

Comment

• Boltx
              Dominate the day
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Since you guys always accuse me of being negative...

I will say this - if we face Baltimore and manage to beat them...then I think we go all the way. Thats how much I respect them.

Comment

• Budsman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post

there are NO bad shits.
                You have never had Montezumas Revenge... lol

Comment

• Budsman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by madcaplaughs View Post

Thing is, River's doesn't have the respect of the refs because he's mouthy with them. If I were Lynn, I'd have Rivers and Allen running bleachers until they understand that they are not the coach. We've had a lot of calls in our favor this year. Usually calls even out over the course of the game. You don't do yourself any favors with jawing with the refs.

Comment

• Budsman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                    Their fatties definitely match up well against ours, yep. Funny how all that curb stomping failed to finish us off, took a non-holding call and a bad fumble on a potentially game-winning drive to do that. There were not stopping us on that drive at all, I fully expected to get a TD until that "holding" call. But I hear ya, that's what a good D does, makes ya hold and and causes fumbles. But it wasn't a hold and the throw to Gates never happens if...

Yeah, lemme at that rematch. Three FGs, two missed FGs, and a 4th down stop at the frigging 1 yard line. Bring on the awesome Baltimore curb stomping machine. For all the awesome opportunities they had they showed for shit. Only way they beat us again is with another game called like this one.

Comment

• Budsman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                      Since you guys always accuse me of being negative...

I will say this - if we face Baltimore and manage to beat them...then I think we go all the way. Thats how much I respect them.

Comment

• Boltx
                        Dominate the day
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

The Chargers are the ones who have been trolling me for years!!

Comment

• Budsman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

The Chargers are the ones who have been trolling me for years!!
                          At least you are consistent and I can respect that even if I disagree. It would get boring if we all just agreed.

Comment

Working...
                          X