• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

Do you think that biased refs calls could have directed a game in a certain direction? Do you think those rough calls could have affected the results of drives and plays? Do you think that refs calling an unbalanced game could put an oline in a very tough spot? Look our oline isnt playing great but this is a very good D and when they are put into bad situations the ravens can pin their ears back and it makes it tough for all but the best OL's.
    They were in bad situations because they were utterly dominated by the Ravens front 7 and kept having to hold. I didn't see any calls on our oline that I had a big problem with. And since we will likely play them in Baltimore in 2 weeks we had better massively nut up or we will see a repeat.

Comment

• Budsman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I didn't see any calls on our oline that I had a big problem with.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Budsman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

They were in bad situations because they were utterly dominated by the Ravens front 7 and kept having to hold. I didn't see any calls on our oline that I had a big problem with. And since we will likely play them in Baltimore in 2 weeks we had better massively nut up or we will see a repeat.
        Did you see any calls on the Ravens offensively and defensively you had a problem with? Probably not because the didn't get called.

Comment

• charger1993
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Right the chargers are pretty bad. If you take away all our great players we have bad players. If we play anyone we beat in their own house again in the playoffs we should probably just give up because the chargers are bad.
          You know thats not what im saying. I was pointing out the lack of depth. Besides those 2 who do u have on our dline?? You have mo one that can hold the point of attack.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Did you see any calls on the Ravens offensively and defensively you had a problem with? Probably not because the didn't get called.
            Yeah, I saw a couple of plays by their D against KA that could have been called. But we were whipped up front and Addae is a starting safety and that is why we lost.

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Comment

• Budsman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

No no, we cant play with anyone, if they have a good D we will lose, if they have a good offense we will lose. We cant win. Its been a good season though, might as well pack it in.

Comment

• Budsman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Yeah, I saw a couple of plays by their D against KA that could have been called. But we were whipped up front and Addae is a starting safety and that is why we lost.
                  Lol sure, with the refs in their pocket their offense only got 16... I like our odds in a rematch.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Lol sure, with the refs in their pocket their offense only got 16... I like our odds in a rematch.
                    You'll likely get it. I'm not nearly as confident about a rematch as you are. It's one thing to lose. It's completely different to get curb stomped in the trenches.

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Their fatties definitely match up well against ours, yep. Funny how all that curb stomping failed to finish us off, took a non-holding call and a bad fumble on a potentially game-winning drive to do that. There were not stopping us on that drive at all, I fully expected to get a TD until that "holding" call. But I hear ya, that's what a good D does, makes ya hold and and causes fumbles. But it wasn't a hold and the throw to Gates never happens if...

Yeah, lemme at that rematch. Three FGs, two missed FGs, and a 4th down stop at the frigging 1 yard line. Bring on the awesome Baltimore curb stomping machine. For all the awesome opportunities they had they showed for shit. Only way they beat us again is with another game called like this one.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1993 View Post

Take bosa and ingram off the line and who do you got? A 32 year old mebane whose on the back end, justin jones who doesnt get alot of playing time. Darius philon who is a great 3 gap, and issac Rochelle who i never really see in, if we had grrat linebackers it wouldnt be as obvious. But we shouldnt let the other team be able to gameplan just run up the gut. Look at the lamar jackson run for 27 yards. The dts got spilt, and he was gone. We dont anchor the middle well at all unless we stack the box, and that only work cuz we have derwin lined up as an edge blitzer, phillips up at the line, and king who pretends to blitz then bails out to coverage. Thats the only way they dont get 3 to 5 per run. This team is starving for a dt whi can hold the point if attack and push back. We also need a mlb who can cover as well as play down hill. We have alot of needs. Am i happy with this team, yes, do i still love them? Yes. But as a fan i will not pretend they are perfect, and i wont pretend like their superbowl caliber team. I love ghem but until we can keep rivers off his back and stop the run, we dont stand a chance in the post season. You think if we play the steelers theyre gonna repeat what happened last time?? I doubt it we pulled a miracle out of our butts that night
                        What kind of unrealistic take is that?

Without JB & SupaMel? Yep we would be in tough shape. So would every other team.

Our current healthy LBs are the major issue (plus Addae - discussed next). We lack SIZE, height, length, and speed/athleticism. Uchenna is inconsistent setting the edge but is vastly improved from earlier in the season. He is ascending in the run game and flashes impressive rush ability. Jatavis is fast and athletic but lacks length, great instincts, and is inconsistent filing his gap/defeating blocks to make near LOS tackles. He has done well but is probably best suited for rotational/ST. Everyone else healthy has significant limitations. All of them miss far too many tackles.
                        They cause runs of 2-3 yards to be 5-6 yards.

Jahleel is not suited for FS. He lacks every skillset except preparation for the position. His fills in the run game are horrible. Takes bad angles, is awful in space, never breaks down, gets turned like a top, and is simply a horrific open field tackler. His lack of skillset causes huge runs. Perfect example the first near long TD run tonight.
                        He should be in the box as a rotational player now that we have Derwin. Next season hopefully.

Mebane is an older Vet but performing at a solid level. He rarely gets moved but lacks some lateral agility with age. Philon is an aggressive, attacking, ascending player who we can hopefully retain. Rochell has 5 sacks, 5 QB hits, and has played well in rotation. Jones is stout in gap integrity and developing PR skills as a rook. I think we need another explosive edge player. A quick, explosive, disrupter at DT with height/length would compliment our current talent.

As a team D the guys are playing fantastic.

Our Oline got bullied tonight from start to finish however.
                        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• RTPbolt
                          Charger Fan till the end
                          • Jun 2013
                          • North Carolina
                          • Send PM

Ok lets look at real numbers in this discussion. Ravens had 159 yards of rushing and nobody had more than 2 catches. Our defense despite being out there for a lot more time due to iur offensive issues held their own and stopped their streak at 5 games of 180 yards rushing. I felt there was 1 slip on the TE getting behind a stacked box ...thats pretty much it. Our D had some nice stops....bend dont break.

Penalties cost us games...period. We beat ourselves against Denver the same way. This time the Offense just kept doing the penalties. Allen to me looked unfocused at multiple times...he was looking around right before a snap a few times and he cost us with not being set on a huge 3rd down play when we were driving deep. No excuse for that from Allen...he has some cobwebs from the injury?

Clean up the stupid stuff. Run the ball more to protect Rivers (16 rushing attempts isnt balanced to 37 pass attempts...period). Dont panic...refocus at Denver to show what we do when focused.

While the Raven DL wss in Rivers jockstrap alot we really were in this game. Gates knee hits the ground a 1/10th of a second sooner and we were driving down for a score to take the lead and their offense was doing shit the second half on us. This was a close game...not perfect by any stretch but close. Im fine with a rematch...i think we clean things up and can pull a victory agsinst them.

i will say there is NO perfect AFC playoff team. They all have had down games or been exposed. This is parity in the NFL. We are still the most balanced AFC team in my opinion outside of possibly Houston most have some warts guys....we just need to make corrections and we can put 3 games together in the playoffs but its 1 game at a time mentality. Frankly i think the media got a few guys a little too confident. We seem to let down at home....im good with on the road to stay focused. We need to play better...clean the stupid penalties up. Go to Denver and kick some ass.

Comment

Working...
                          X