• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Screeme
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
    I moved. And decided I didnt need the expense of the NFL package so I was switching to cable. So I called to cancel and they said that since I moved theyd give me Sunday Ticket and Redzone free. As well as movie channels for 3 months.

Maybe thats their regular moving deal, not sure.
    Definitely not.. I called because I couldn't afford Sunday Ticket and they had no problem taking it away from me.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
      No Sir, I Dont Like It
      • Jun 2013
      • Section 457
      • Migrant Film Worker
      • Send PM

I called to cancel Directv last year, and they offered to cut my bill in half while giving me 3 months of the HBO movie package. It's about time for my next cancel call.
      Make sure to let them talk you out of cancelling, or just cancel.
      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
      sigpic

Comment

• Boltergeist
        Pesky apparition
        • Jun 2013
        • Baja Oklahoma
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Screeme View Post
        Definitely not.. I called because I couldn't afford Sunday Ticket and they had no problem taking it away from me.
        I think the key is to threaten to cancel all service.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
          Grammar Police
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Moves coming for quiet Chargers
          Mike McCoy wants to see players in pads, who takes 'next step'
          By Michael Gehlken5:46 a.m.July 24, 2013⎙Print ��Save ��Comments 3
          San Diego Chargers players come together during the first day of rookie mini-camp. — K.C. Alfred / UT San Diego
          ✉3
          Comments Little has changed since the last time the Chargers convened nearly six weeks ago at minicamp.

They haven't signed one player. They haven't released a player. Their roster hasn't been touched since tackle Max Starks signed a one-year contract on May 21.

Quietly, the team has waited for this.

All rookies and veterans will report to training camp Wednesday, signaling the resumption of the player evaluation process. The Chargers front office chose the patient route in spring workouts, particularly with its class of undrafted rookies, not cutting a player loose for what he showed in shorts before he dressed in pads.

All 20 undrafted rookies the Chargers signed in late April and early May remain on the team.

"We're giving everyone an opportunity to show us what they can do," coach Mike McCoy said. "That's what training camp is for and the preseason. You evaluate guys. Training camp is the next step for everybody. Some guys who (played) better than you thought in OTAs and minicamp, well, they're not as good in pads, and the game is played in pads. We'll see who makes the next step. ... By no means are we done with the roster."

It's a different going than last year.

San Diego signed 18 undrafted rookies after the 2012 draft. Four were waived, three others were signed and one was claimed off waivers before training camp began.

There is little incentive to rush a move.

Veterans like defensive lineman Justin Bannan are available in free agency. His missing the start of training camp is not a concern for the 34-year-old, as that spares his body from some of the rigors of camp. The Chargers can use that time to ensure when they move on from an undrafted rookie, or a veteran player, it is the right one.

There is mutual interest between the Chargers and Bannan. On Tuesday, the ex-Bronco had a formal visit with the Lions.

Under construction

McCoy, general manager Tom Telesco and President Dean Spanos made some renovations to Chargers Park this offseason.

Add another couple to the list.

While its roster was untouched, the team's meeting room was upgraded when players were away. The most noticeable change is the seating area's elevation, designed to give players an improved view of the presentation screen

“It was something we talked up when we first got here,” McCoy said. “Just a little wrinkle, something we think that would improve the room. We're trying to do whatever we can to make it better for the players.”

The Chargers also installed a new media center, expanding from a double-wide to triple-wide trailer.

Earlier changes this offseason included a new practice field and weight room.

Nuts 'n' Bolts

• Players will be weighed Wednesday upon arriving at Chargers Park, part of a daily routine. Any Charger who is overweight will be fined $520 per pound per day, as outlined in the collective bargaining agreement. Every player received a target weight before the summer break.

• The Chargers will declare to the league which players will begin training camp on the Physically Unable to Perform list. At the minimum, outside linebacker Melvin Ingram is expected to be on it. He tore the left anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee during the second day of OTAs in May. The team hasn't ruled out a return late in the season.
          Go Rivers!

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
            No Sir, I Dont Like It
            • Jun 2013
            • Section 457
            • Migrant Film Worker
            • Send PM

• Players will be weighed Wednesday upon arriving at Chargers Park, part of a daily routine. Any Charger who is overweight will be fined $520 per pound per day, as outlined in the collective bargaining agreement. Every player received a target weight before the summer break.

Can't wait for Troutman's reaction.
            Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
            sigpic

Comment

• Boltdog
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Lunar Surface
              • Nutrition Consultant
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post

Can't wait for Troutman's reaction.
              That's the first guy I thought of too--JTrout (Fat Doctor 2) and all the nose tackles....
              Fighting for Carson...and Wilmington...ity:

Comment

• Heatmiser
                BetterToday ThanYesterday
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Time to weigh these porkchops.

(Sorry, could not resist)

TG
                Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                  I called to cancel Directv last year, and they offered to cut my bill in half while giving me 3 months of the HBO movie package. It's about time for my next cancel call.
                  Make sure to let them talk you out of cancelling, or just cancel.
                  Originally posted by Boltergeist View Post
                  I think the key is to threaten to cancel all service.
                  It really is. I've called to cancel probably 5-6 times over the last decade and they've always come back with offers.

This was the only time I was serious. But the general rule is to throw at them that dish or cable came back with lower rates for more channels.

This was the most I've gotten in return. Maybe they logged my calls to quit or maybe the move had something to do with it
                  Last edited by oneinchpunch; 07-24-2013, 10:31 PM.
                  Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Beerman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Eastlake
                    • Send PM

Early report - Dunlap and rinehart are manning the left side of the line. The defense looks tiny next to the massive O line.

One thing I hadn't seen before is that McCoy is actually running two practices. He's got both sides of the field running full plays with the first and second teams.
                    Last edited by Beerman; 07-25-2013, 09:08 AM.

Comment

• Beerman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Eastlake
                      • Send PM

Matthews fumbles a pitch and a collective sigh from the stands was hilarious.

Comment

• Beerman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Eastlake
                        • Send PM

Edwin Baker is FAST.

Keenan Allen just glides out there. Definitely faster than his timed 40.
                        Last edited by Beerman; 07-25-2013, 09:55 AM.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                          Grammar Police
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Brandon Taylor joins Melvin Ingram on Chargers PUP list

Posted by Josh Alper on July 25, 2013, 9:53 AM EDT

It’s no surprise that Chargers linebacker Melvin Ingram is starting camp on the physically unable to perform list.

Ingram, the team’s first-round pick in 2012, tore his ACL a couple of days into OTAs in May. The team wasn’t prepared to rule him out for the entire season at that point and placing him on the PUP list allows them to leave the door open for a return, however unlikely that might be. The Chargers signed Dwight Freeney to help shore up the defense after Ingram’s injury.

Safety Brandon Taylor will join Ingram on the PUP list because of his own torn ACL. Taylor suffered the injury last December and had his knee reconstructed in January, so there’s nothing too unusual about his need for a little more time before he’s ready to get back on the field. Taylor was slated to compete with Marcus Gilchrist to start with Eric Weddle at safety, but Gilchrist could wind up taking it by default if Taylor’s knee doesn’t cooperate.

Another member of the Chargers recovering from a torn ACL was able to avoid a trip to the PUP list, at least for the moment. Linebacker D.J. Smith, claimed off waivers from the Packers this offseason and recovering from an October injury, was not placed on the list and is therefore eligible to practice with his teammates in Thursday’s kickoff to training camp
                          Go Rivers!

Comment

Working...
                          X