• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sandiego17
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by pumpkinhead80 View Post
    actually he said it was more so in favor of him then them. that is ridiculous
    Who is "he"? Te'o did something on the field that supports jersey sales, only people that should buy a Collins jersey are his family, maybe. Manti's accomplishments:

Lott Trophy (2012)
    Maxwell Award (2012)
    Chuck Bednarik Award (2012)
    Walter Camp Award (2012)
    Bronko Nagurski Trophy (2012)
    Butkus Award (2012)
    Lombardi Award (2012)
    Senior CLASS Award (2012)
    ARA Sportsmanship Award (2012)[1]
    Unanimous All-American (2012)
    First-team Academic All-American (2012)
    FBS Independent Defensive Player of the Year (2011, 2012)
    Heisman Finalist

The fact that Collins sold any jerseys...
    Last edited by sandiego17; 07-24-2013, 09:44 AM.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
      No Sir, I Dont Like It
      • Jun 2013
      • Section 457
      • Migrant Film Worker
      • Send PM

sharing a belief in the same magical being is.
      Like Tebow?
      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
      sigpic

Comment

• pumpkinhead80

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
        Like Tebow?
        exactly

Comment

• pumpkinhead80

a shared belief in the same magical being is an ideological position they share, the way they practice and display those beliefs may be different. but they're united under the same "christian" banner. (although i'm aware both of their particular cults are considered not christian by millions of christians)

Comment

• pumpkinhead80

Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
            Who is "he"? Te'o did something on the field that supports jersey sales, only people that should buy a Collins jersey are his family, maybe. Manti's accomplishments:

Lott Trophy (2012)
            Maxwell Award (2012)
            Chuck Bednarik Award (2012)
            Walter Camp Award (2012)
            Bronko Nagurski Trophy (2012)
            Butkus Award (2012)
            Lombardi Award (2012)
            Senior CLASS Award (2012)
            ARA Sportsmanship Award (2012)[1]
            Unanimous All-American (2012)
            First-team Academic All-American (2012)
            FBS Independent Defensive Player of the Year (2011, 2012)
            Heisman Finalist

The fact that Collins sold any jerseys...
            the person earlier in the thread that said that i was wrong to say people fly in from every direction to support someone who shared their religious beliefs. they said that that wasn't really true and it's probably much more so in the other direction, and i asked for an example and they said collins. although collins isn't really representing any ideology technically. which i pointed out. that and the fact that his miniscule support was dwarfed by the millions tebow and te'o will garner from crowds that want to back them predominantly because they're representing their sect.

Comment

• sandiego17
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

a shared belief in the same magical being is an ideological position they share, the way they practice and display those beliefs may be different. but they're united under the same "christian" banner. (although i'm aware both of their particular cults are considered not christian by millions of christians)
              Jews and Muslims believe in the same "magical being" and therefore, according to the logic above, share the same ideological position. Definitely do not agree with that line of thinking.

Comment

• Beerman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Eastlake
                • Send PM

So religion now huh. Camp needs to start already. :fc:

Comment

• pumpkinhead80

Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
                  Jews and Muslims believe in the same "magical being" and therefore, according to the logic above, share the same ideological position. Definitely do not agree with that line of thinking.

technically if you're talking about the abrahamic god. they're pretty far apart on some major issues though, and their particular cults are considered different religions entirely from the christian umbrella. and if you're talking about being a deist in general you could see anyone who believes in any variety or variation of the thousands of versions of a god as part of your group. but i think you know better than that. are you saying mormons and catholics aren't under the definition of christian? or just one of them? or what is it you're saying?

Comment

• pumpkinhead80

both of them have different reasons to cheer for te'o just as all christians might see him as an admirable figure for his belief in the abrahamic god. and that's exactly what i'm talking about.

Comment

• pumpkinhead80

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
                      So religion now huh. Camp needs to start already. :fc:
                      we're not talking about religion at all although it might seem like it. we're talking about reasons why te'o could sell a lot of jerseys. polynesians and christians(over many denominations or sects) will support him because he's "one of them" just as there will be some who buy it just cuz he's "one of us" and a charger. but i think that reason will fall way behind the first two i listed. and i've been trying to explain why.

Comment

• sandiego17
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

technically if you're talking about the abrahamic god. they're pretty far apart on some major issues though, and their particular cults are considered different religions entirely from the christian umbrella. and if you're talking about being a deist in general you could see anyone who believes in any variety or variation of the thousands of versions of a god as part of your group. but i think you know better than that. are you saying mormons and catholics aren't under the definition of christian? or just one of them? or what is it you're saying?
                        I'm saying Mormons and Catholics do not share the same ideology, and you know that just as well. Like Jews and Muslims, Mormons and Catholics are worlds apart on more than some major issues. All share a belief in the God of Abraham. To say that Catholics are buying Te'o jersey's because he's a Mormon and therefore a Christian is, imo, ridiculous. To say that any Collins jersey sales are not due to a shared ideology, is also, imo, ridiculous.

Comment

• Fleet
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Cardiff - Poipu
                          • Send PM

we're not talking about religion at all although it might seem like it. we're talking about reasons why te'o could sell a lot of jerseys. polynesians and christians(over many denominations or sects) will support him because he's "one of them" just as there will be some who buy it just cuz he's "one of us" and a charger. but i think that reason will fall way behind the first two i listed. and i've been trying to explain why.
                          You may say your not talking about religion... but by calling us that do have a personal relationship with God "Religetards" is actually a personal attack. Ive see this too many times where you get some ant-christian douchebag going out of his way to tell Christians they belong to a cult...worship a magical being...and are well retards. I think what your saying is disrespectful. And borderline personal since your sharing your personal opinion towards those of faith. And using Te'os Jersey as an accuse to be an asshole so that you can get in some cheap name calling shots towards Christians. I could give a fuck what your personal choices are in life. If your gay...married to a man...worship Satan or whatever. Its your choice and who am i to belittle you and call you ***got....Satantard.....Godlesstard etc. Your not doing a very good job of debating the Jersey sales if your attacking members of this forum for being Christian.

You had to know using the word Religitard would be offensive to those of us who are religious? Right?

Comment

Working...
                          X