• Jun 2013
    • Hotter than hell, Georgia
    • Send PM

Comment

• Boltx
      Dominate the day
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

He deserves some credit for trying...but who has panned out? Okung and Pouncey as FAs we're good but Fluker, Lamp and Feeney are all flops are we are feeling the pain up the middle.
      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• ghost
        The Rise of Kellen Moore
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Kyler Murray, if he declares, is a first-round pick QB. If Murray is there and I'm the Chargers, I'm taking him.

Comment

• Boltx
          Dominate the day
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Why can't we run a similar scheme on offense to the Patriots? A bunch of quick stuff so we keep Rivers protected.

Whiz has always been a major disappointment.
          ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• SoDak Charger
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Mar 2014
            • Send PM

One word: Pathetic.

I guess I am rooting for the Chiefs. I will not cheer for the Patriots

It was a great season, but there is still plenty of work to do.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
              Kyler Murray, if he declares, is a first-round pick QB. If Murray is there and I'm the Chargers, I'm taking him.
              He won't be there at 28 or wherever we are picking.

Pending trades, that's the spot, 28. Only 3 teams with records better or even have moved on to the championship round.
              Last edited by Bolt-O; 01-13-2019, 04:29 PM.

Comment

• Budsman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Comment

• Budsman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

He won't be there at 28 or wherever we are picking.
                  Yeah best case scenario is that the Cardinals falls in love with him and trades Allen and we nab him to sit behind rivers.

Comment

• Budsman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                    Why can't we run a similar scheme on offense to the Patriots? A bunch of quick stuff so we keep Rivers protected.

Whiz has always been a major disappointment.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                        Very telling that we say the same thing after each playoff loss, yet nothing changes. 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2013, 2018. Same type of exit each year.

I can appreciate Telesco trying to fix the trenches but outside of Pouncey, NONE of his OL moves have worked out. He deserves some criticism for that.

Bosa.was.a great pick but disappears in big games, but was hurt this year so I'll give him a pass. But he has yet to show himself as a game changer, not even as a Justin Houston type of player. At least not in big games. Something to keep in mind when his contact is up and he wants to be the highest played defensive player in the league.

People get so sensitive about Rivers but can we please be realistic for a second? He's 38 and playing for an organization that historically does NOT value the trenches. Out of his 14 years in the league, how many good OLs has he had in his career? This is just inexcusable. His immobility simply exponentially magnifies the OL shortcomings. I'm not necessarily blaming him for it but you can't deny that it turns a suboptimal situation into a worse one.

I think we are "stuck" with him for 2019 but I would love to explore options for 2020, be it via trade or the draft.

Do we have money to spend on the trenches in free agency?
                        So us losing in the playoffs is Rivers fault? Is Doug Williams a better QB because his team won a SB? How about Trent Dilfer? Jeff Hoststetler? Its a team game and our TEAM hasnt been as good as it needs to be. What if Rivers had time to throw today? At one point i saw the stat that he had 20 drop backs, was sacked once, 10 hurrys and 5 knockdowns.

What if the defense was as good as last week? But it wasnt it was dreadful. Its a team game, why do you keep pointing at Rivers? Gordon wasnt good today either.....because the OL sucked. Other QBs that are older are still playing well but their teams are better. Brees didnt have a typicl year yet they are playing today. Brady didnt either but they kicked our butts today. Ben had a great year but didnt make the playoffs because his team wasn't as good.

When its time to move on from Rivers ill say it. Draft a QB in 2020, and 2021 should be when we say goodbye.

As for OL, we signed Okung. He was the best option at the time and overall he has been pretty decent. They drafted the two best OGs in the draft two years ago and signed Pouncey. How are they not trying to upgrade the OL? Feeney hasnt worked out as well so far is all. Lamp needs to get on the field. Im sure they will keep trying to upgrade the OL. They need to and im sure they know it.
                        Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-13-2019, 04:13 PM.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
                          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X