• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Joy Division View Post
    Would be nice if the NFL "fixed" the bullshit playoff seeding.
    To me, it doesn't seem fair for a team with THE BEST RECORD in the conference
    to be seeded #5, not get a bye week, and have to travel to an away "wildcard" game.

Should not the two best records in the conference be rewarded with first round byes
    and a home game?

My two cents. Won't change anything. Just needed to find an excuse for the Patriots
    playing in a weak-ass division basically giving them a first round bye every fucking year.

Mini rant over. see you all around draft time. Peace.
    We have divisions why it is the way it is. I dont have a problem with it. It don't matter if we play a home game or not anyways, we don't play that well at home. The only good thing about being there is that it isn't freezing weather.
    Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-13-2019, 06:07 PM.

Comment

• Boltx
      Dominate the day
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltimore View Post
      My only reaction is that if the Bolts were gonna lose anyway, it was a fairly stress-free way to lose. I knew the game was over in the 1st quarter. I sure as hell didn't need another stupid penalty/stupid decision with a minute left defeat to have to stew about for a decade.
      Heh, true.

This game was sorta like the 62-7 Marino retirement game. Granted Rivers probably comes back next year but in essence his chances at a ship have been retired at the hands of the Patriots.

Not only do you still have Brady, but a phenom Mahomes and a resurgent Luck too.

2006, 2007, 2018 should have been our years.
      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

What really kills me is I have to root for KC next week. Hate it. HATE IT. HATE IT. But I dont want the Cheats back in the SB.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I do not know what position he plays in baseball and it don't matter,.... size doesn't matter in Baseball. Look at the Astro's Altuve, he is 5'6". One of the best hitters in all of baseball.
          Boltjolt, As a GM, I'm guessing you would have taken Sam Darnold #1 over Baker Mayfield? It's what I would have done. Cleveland proved me wrong. Size doesn't matter. Arm does. I am 100% in on Kyler Murray and I think he can be equal QB to Mahomes or Mayfield.
          Last edited by ghost; 01-13-2019, 06:13 PM. Reason: damn typos.

Comment

• madcaplaughs
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I guess what i just don't get, is that you have packages and plays that burn defenses when they crowd the line and blitz. Run bunches of WR's, throw to your backs, run quick slants, etc. We were just all out of sorts today. It seemed like there were 2 sets of rules today, especially in the 1st 1/2. Our receivers were getting mugged. That's OK if that's the way you're going to call the game. If you're going to do that, why were we flagged so much? That was really unfair. Same with offensive holding. Ingram and Bosa were dealing with a lot of wrestling moves. I just don't get how the Pats could be so effective on defense compared to the Ravens. They have great coaching. No doubt about that.

Comment

• vinabolt
              Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
              • Feb 2015
              • Send PM

As long as Telesco and Rivers are here, we'll continue to contend for SB. Brady is near retirement and no one including NE is invinciple. It's 1 year, I wouldn't crown Maholme yet.

We just have to get in the tournament and see what happens. PIT and Big Ben won SB without having to face NE. DEN faced NE in the Championship Game (1 week to rest and plan) and beat them. Just need some luck that we don't face them in their 1st playoff game, wild card or divisional.

Today game, during the game I didn't know why Bradley kept using that all-DBs defense, we did have some healthy LBs. Now I think it was because Eldeman went off against us. He needed the quickness of DBs to counter Eldeman, but he still abused our defense anyway. Eldeman is 1 of the quickest receivers in the game, he'd have out-quick the LBs and owned the underneath zone.
              Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by madcaplaughs View Post
                I guess what i just don't get, is that you have packages and plays that burn defenses when they crowd the line and blitz. Run bunches of WR's, throw to your backs, run quick slants, etc. We were just all out of sorts today. It seemed like there were 2 sets of rules today, especially in the 1st 1/2. Our receivers were getting mugged. That's OK if that's the way you're going to call the game. If you're going to do that, why were we flagged so much? That was really unfair. Same with offensive holding. Ingram and Bosa were dealing with a lot of wrestling moves. I just don't get how the Pats could be so effective on defense compared to the Ravens. They have great coaching. No doubt about that.

The Chargers knew what was coming 60% of the time in Baltimore. Here, the Patriots showed the Chargers defense 7 different looks in the first 7 plays, all executed precisely. The ball was out of Brady's hands in less than two seconds on every pass to eliminate the Chargers #1 strength on defense: their pass rush. The Patriots beat the pass rush, our best talent, with a scheme.

No scheme could save the two OGs and the RT. All were displayed to be the weaknesses on the Chargers' squad by Coach Belichick. Here, they beat our less talented players by applying constant pressure.

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                  What really kills me is I have to root for KC next week. Hate it. HATE IT. HATE IT. But I dont want the Cheats back in the SB.
                  Same place.

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

The Chargers knew what was coming 60% of the time in Baltimore. Here, the Patriots showed the Chargers defense 7 different looks in the first 7 plays, all executed precisely. The ball was out of Brady's hands in less than two seconds on every pass to eliminate the Chargers #1 strength on defense: their pass rush. The Patriots beat the pass rush, our best talent, with a scheme.

No scheme could save the two OGs and the RT. All were displayed to be the weaknesses on the Chargers' squad by Coach Belichick. Here, they beat our less talented players by applying constant pressure.

Yep, out-coached. I get not having players, but the plan we had for our O sucked.

Comment

• Attack
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2017
                      • Send PM

If the D isn't versatile enough to play more man coverage, then better CBs and S are needed. The Pats had so many open receivers and Rivers had no time and hardly any open receivers. But the Pats historically always play tough, scrappy, in your face D against opposing receivers, so that shouldn't have been a surprise.

Besides the busted coverage on Keenan for the first td, he had one other catch. Hunter really did nothing in the game. Ekeler and Gordon were non factors. Mike Williams and Gates were the best weapons today.

Comment

• Budsman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

That argument works if it was Payton Manning at qb. Rivers, not so much.

Comment

• Budsman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by madcaplaughs View Post

Comment

Working...
                          X