Clear All
  • MasterOfPuppets
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2017
    • Tijuana
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

IMV Do Not Draft. Red flag.
    but if you draft hime late (say the 6th round) and he doesn't behave you cut him, but if he has upside they can take a chance

Comment

• Steve
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • South Carolina
      • Meteorologist
      • Send PM

I have no idea what he has done. There are plenty of guys who have been suspended and then went on to decent if not good NFL careers. You don't necessarily want to discount him just because he was suspended. However, without know the what, it is hard to take him very seriously.

NFL teams can just go ask the player, ask his coaches and see what is what. If you don't like his answers, he is off the board altogether. Even if he does answer well, you judge the risk vs reward and put him in the lower half of the draft.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post

but if you draft hime late (say the 6th round) and he doesn't behave you cut him, but if he has upside they can take a chance
        I understand your thinking.
        He has a lot of talent.
        And it is the sixth round.
        But IMHO we should go for a cleaner prospect
        or a promising developmental prospect who projects be Pat Meyer friendly in an earlier round.
        I applaud you for looking for value.
        Last edited by wu-dai clan; 04-03-2019, 08:09 PM.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          I have no idea what he has done. There are plenty of guys who have been suspended and then went on to decent if not good NFL careers. You don't necessarily want to discount him just because he was suspended. However, without know the what, it is hard to take him very seriously.

NFL teams can just go ask the player, ask his coaches and see what is what. If you don't like his answers, he is off the board altogether. Even if he does answer well, you judge the risk vs reward and put him in the lower half of the draft.
          Okay, fair enough. Interview him and see how it goes...

Comment

• Panamamike
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

It's always a concern when a team kicks a player off in mid-season, then won't release any details about what happened...HUGE red flag...
            Not even on my board. His abilities do not get me past the BIG red flag. Plenty other fish in the sea.

Comment

• Steve
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • South Carolina
              • Meteorologist
              • Send PM

So what did he do?

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

So what did he do?
                Haven't read anything about why/reasons for Roemer's team discipline.
                The teams have done their research no doubt.
                My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

not much of a film guy, albeit have been double checking some of my picks and others' mentioned here, and....

re: the OL.... McGary is def worthy of 28 overall, and.... think he can play either guard or tackle.

http://www.catscratchreader.com/2019/3/26/18281624/carolina-panthers-2019-nfl-draft-washington-huskies-ot-kaleb-mcgary-film-room-scouting-report

am still a fan of Cajuste and Prince at tackle, albeit am officially moving them down as the secondary target/prospect, as both take up real estate and can be a load for the defensive lineman, and in the case of Cajuste, can wear you down and just make it really difficult to get to the passer, and....

would not want to face McGary over the course of a full game.... guaranteed he is gonna put you on your ass and that you are going to endure repeated punishment.... is that worth the win a coupla few times a game for the opponent.... can't imagine anyone looking forward to going up against him on any given Sunday.

still a Stidham guy @28, and.... have zero problem w/McGary for if and when our Chargers FO brass sees enough to draft him there.... mark me down as intrigued.

will also add that the comparison for me is a basketball player who gets his slam dunks most every game (think Worthy or similar), and which really fires up the team, not to mention watching McGary block is similar to Dlinemen who regularly require double if not triple teams.... Kaleb is like a darn bowling ball on run plays and regularly takes out two defenders if not more !!
                  5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

So what did he do?
                    Roemer was kicked off the team for undisclosed violation of team rules, with just a couple of games left.

It is hush hush.

NFL connected types are saying the SDS coaching staff does not give him any love at all.
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Steve
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • South Carolina
                      • Meteorologist
                      • Send PM

Again, this has happened before. Not sure it necessarily means you take a guy off your board. The teams will do their due diligence and find out what they can. You just trust that they will put things in the proper light and make the right decision.

I just think it is silly for fans to judge without any understanding of the situation.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Again, this has happened before. Not sure it necessarily means you take a guy off your board. The teams will do their due diligence and find out what they can. You just trust that they will put things in the proper light and make the right decision.

I just think it is silly for fans to judge without any understanding of the situation.
                        Understand what you're saying there, Steve. I suppose your suggestion of interviewing him along with anyone else involved in whatever it was, would make sense, IF the Bolts were to consider Roemer in the first place. However, you must admit, to kick someone off the team, then not even disclose what it is, that is highly unusual.

Comment

• Panamamike
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

I am not all that interested in any player whose collegiate coaching staff does not speak highly of. draft capital is too precious and the pool is too deep to blow it on a guy with that kind of track record. Make him a UDFA offer if he slides through the draft a la Burfict etc.

Comment

Working...
                          X