Sproles to be released - bring him back to SD?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SFW
    PB Official Game Thread Starter
    • Jul 2013
    • NY
    • USMC
    • Send PM

This thread went beyond off-topic.
    1) Jason Verrett (CB) TCU
    2) Demarcus Lawrence (OLB) Boise St
    3) Will Sutton (DT) Arizona St
    4) Jarvis Landry (WR) LSU
    5) John Urschel (OC) Penn St
    6) Shamar Stephen (DT) UConn
    7) Brock Coyle (ILB) Montana

Comment

• thelightningwill
      Go Aztecs and Pads
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
      Irregardless, supposably it can be said eithe
      r way so dont try and make me the escape goat. But whatever, if it doesnt jive with the way your saying it I could care less. I was taken for granite that people wouldnt be using this thread to boost their self of steam. In lame mans terms it literally begs the question should we all have to tow the line rather then express our own opinions? I guess this is a whole nother topic per say. But I'm uphauled so sometimes it's hard to be partial about these things so I tried to than nip it in the butt in one fowl swoop instead of just making due. Case and point the use of the term one in the same should of been one and the same but it doesnt bug me enough to peek my interest when people use it wrong although sometimes I do a complete 360 on the issue.

Anyways its a doggy-dog world so I guess whoa is me but thats just my too cents worth
      Good won

Comment

• thelightningwill
        Go Aztecs and Pads
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

Irregardless, supposably it can be said eithe
        r way so dont try and make me the escape goat. But whatever, if it doesnt jive with the way your saying it I could care less. I was taken for granite that people wouldnt be using this thread to boost their self of steam. In lame mans terms it literally begs the question should we all have to tow the line rather then express our own opinions? I guess this is a whole nother topic per say. But I'm uphauled so sometimes it's hard to be partial about these things so I tried to than nip it in the butt in one fowl swoop instead of just making due. Case and point the use of the term one in the same should of been one and the same but it doesnt bug me enough to peek my interest when people use it wrong although sometimes I do a complete 360 on the issue.

Anyways its a doggy-dog world so I guess whoa is me but thats just my too cents worth
        Good juan

Comment

• QSmokey
          Guardedly Optimistic
          • Jun 2013
          • Kuna, Idaho
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Irregardless, supposably it can be said either way so dont try and make me the escape goat. But whatever, if it doesnt jive with the way your saying it I could care less. I was taken for granite that people wouldnt be using this thread to boost their self of steam. In lame mans terms it literally begs the question should we all have to tow the line rather then express our own opinions? I guess this is a whole nother topic per say. But I'm uphauled so sometimes it's hard to be partial about these things so I tried to than nip it in the butt in one fowl swoop instead of just making due. Case and point the use of the term one in the same should of been one and the same but it doesnt bug me enough to peek my interest when people use it wrong although sometimes I do a complete 360 on the issue.

This post doesn't pass mustard.

Comment

• Zot
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Irregardless, supposably it can be said either way so dont try and make me the escape goat. But whatever, if it doesnt jive with the way your saying it I could care less. I was taken for granite that people wouldnt be using this thread to boost their self of steam. In lame mans terms it literally begs the question should we all have to tow the line rather then express our own opinions? I guess this is a whole nother topic per say. But I'm uphauled so sometimes it's hard to be partial about these things so I tried to than nip it in the butt in one fowl swoop instead of just making due. Case and point the use of the term one in the same should of been one and the same but it doesnt bug me enough to peek my interest when people use it wrong although sometimes I do a complete 360 on the issue.

Okay, okay...laughing my ass off now

Comment

• thelightningwill
              Go Aztecs and Pads
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by SFWfromESPN View Post
              This thread went beyond off-topic.
              I'd bring Sproles back if that doesn't prevent us from getting a good player at a more important position.

Having Sproles as a backup for Woodhead or Woodhead as a backup for Sproles wouldn't be a bad thing.

Comment

• RobH
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Tokyo, Japan
                • University English Lecturer
                • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
                I believe champing is the way the English used to say, and might still say, chomping. And, because the English, or the Americans when we still sounded like the English, probably came up with the saying, champing is the way it's supposed to be said.
                Actually, you've got this backwards. The English changed their pronunciation with the great vowel shift, and guys like Shakespeare actually sounded more like us than the current Brits and their pronunciation. Here's an excerpt from a book by Algeo:

As the original settlers first spread out from the east coast, they retained the original pronunciation they came over the ocean with. As people later came over after the vowel shift, they stayed in New York and Boston and didn't influence the original speech patterns of our settlers. The "Appalachian wedge" starts from Appalachia and spreads out through the US and Canada in a wedge shape, and you'll find the the people living in those areas tend to have the same pronunciation patterns, while people living in Boston and NY tend to reflect the more modern British patterns.

This all comes from my Sound Systems course from Dr. Schaefer at Temple University Japan when I was doing my Master's. Interesting stuff if you like language.

Comment

• thelightningwill
                  Go Aztecs and Pads
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by RobH View Post
                  Actually, you've got this backwards. The English changed their pronunciation with the great vowel shift, and guys like Shakespeare actually sounded more like us than the current Brits and their pronunciation. Here's an excerpt from a book by Algeo:

As the original settlers first spread out from the east coast, they retained the original pronunciation they came over the ocean with. As people later came over after the vowel shift, they stayed in New York and Boston and didn't influence the original speech patterns of our settlers. The "Appalachian wedge" starts from Appalachia and spreads out through the US and Canada in a wedge shape, and you'll find the the people living in those areas tend to have the same pronunciation patterns, while people living in Boston and NY tend to reflect the more modern British patterns.

This all comes from my Sound Systems course from Dr. Schaefer at Temple University Japan when I was doing my Master's. Interesting stuff if you like language.
                  That's rad. I wonder if Queen Elizabeth I ever got crunk and told Mary, Queen of Scots, and the French they should choke on her freedom fries.
                  Last edited by thelightningwill; 03-09-2014, 06:42 PM.

Comment

• RobH
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Tokyo, Japan
                    • University English Lecturer
                    • Send PM

Nah, she probably just told Mary to go suck her momma's dick.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                      No Sir, I Dont Like It
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Section 457
                      • Migrant Film Worker
                      • Send PM

Pots of the day!
                      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                      sigpic

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

No thanks

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                          No Sir, I Dont Like It
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Section 457
                          • Migrant Film Worker
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by RobH View Post
                          Nah, she probably just told Mary to go suck her momma's dick.
                          Take THAT you limey bastages!
                          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X