• Show
Clear All
  • Steve
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • South Carolina
    • Meteorologist
    • Send PM

The debate the Redskins were having late last year was between Shanahan and his ST guys. He didn't believe that you keep a core of ST guys. His team responded with what some of those analytics guys said was the worse ST performance by any team in history, and even beat our dreadful performance from a few years ago.

I am very happy that we have guys like Stuckey, who not only play well on ST, but can contribute on D too. I am not sold that Stuckey could start, but he played very well in the dime during the playoffs (prevented the TD vs Cinci, forced the int for Butler against Den).

Comment

• thelightningwill
      Go Aztecs and Pads
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
      The debate the Redskins were having late last year was between Shanahan and his ST guys. He didn't believe that you keep a core of ST guys. His team responded with what some of those analytics guys said was the worse ST performance by any team in history, and even beat our dreadful performance from a few years ago.

I am very happy that we have guys like Stuckey, who not only play well on ST, but can contribute on D too. I am not sold that Stuckey could start, but he played very well in the dime during the playoffs (prevented the TD vs Cinci, forced the int for Butler against Den).
      How is that possible?

Comment

• Steve
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • South Carolina
        • Meteorologist
        • Send PM

That is somewhat subjective, but they started with terrible, terrible field position. They gave every team (except us) great field position. They didn't kick well. Turnovers. Blocked kicks. The only thing they had that we didn't was they were bad across the board, while our big thing was returns allowed and blocked kicks.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Come on, the rat is a genius.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
          X